Celtic v Hearts. 21st August.

14 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Hope no one in govan is upset by that hearts team x

Whilst the to the untrained eye, the 3rd best team playing the best team on match day 3 and effectively conceding the fixture is not a good look  however those of us that follow Scottish football know that no team in Scotland has much of a chance at Parkhead therefore this is the right thing for Hearts to do.

I wonder if this will set a precedent and other teams will do the same with their eye on more important fixtures ?

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Whilst the to the untrained eye, the 3rd best team playing the best team on match day 3 and effectively conceding the fixture is not a good look  however those of us that follow Scottish football know that no team in Scotland has much of a chance at Parkhead therefore this is the right thing for Hearts to do.

I wonder if this will set a precedent and other teams will do the same with their eye on more important fixtures ?

‘The untrained eye’ is the most polite and diplomatic term for them I’ve ever seen. Kudos. 

The stream I'm watching is from Hearts TV, and it has to be said that the two co-commentators are the least partisan and most balanced commentators I've ever heard from an in-house commentating team. Mainstream football coverage could take some tips from them.