Things You Learned Today

2 minutes ago, Oystercatcher said:

I was at the football yesterday and learned that the uniform of the adult ned is now a hoodie by a brand called represent.

Youve not come across the gentlemen in “weekend offender” gear then?

7 minutes ago, 101 said:

Youve not come across the gentlemen in “weekend offender” gear then?

Yes, that's old clobber. 

This is a new uniform.

Awful looking things that apparently cost 180 quid

When fitting beading to the bottom of skirting, cut long first, then fit/trim until it fits correctly, rather than trying to measure the exact length you need and cutting it in one go.

6 hours ago, Oystercatcher said:

I was at the football yesterday and learned that the uniform of the adult ned is now a hoodie by a brand called represent.

Genuinely think the quality of it looks terrible. Probably the worst new 'branded' shite the gullible have been conned into buying into for a long time. Couple of hundred quid for T-shirts that all look like dodgy Turkish knock-offs. Fools and their money etc.

1 hour ago, 'WellDel said:

Genuinely think the quality of it looks terrible. Probably the worst new 'branded' shite the gullible have been conned into buying into for a long time. Couple of hundred quid for T-shirts that all look like dodgy Turkish knock-offs. Fools and their money etc.

Totally agree, something really tacky about it 

56 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

Indeed.  £100

Screenshot_20240721_191616_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.2377f1292cc0215a830e417eac836e26.jpg

Half of it honestly looks to me like basic Fruit of the Loom standard T's with gaudy print on, no quality of fit etc. £100 for that ffs. Primark quality at Gucci prices.

5 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Half of it honestly looks to me like basic Fruit of the Loom standard T's with gaudy print on, no quality of fit etc. £100 for that ffs. Primark quality at Gucci prices.

Primark quality at Primark prices. Works for me. 

15 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

When fitting beading to the bottom of skirting, cut long first, then fit/trim until it fits correctly, rather than trying to measure the exact length you need and cutting it in one go.

image.jpeg.f907b7c2a095ff3b96d0a0eb803f0b42.jpeg

Just read that the family of 4 who were killed in a car crash on Sunday had a daughter aged 11 who wasn't with them. That's pretty heartbreaking. 

34 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Just read that the family of 4 who were killed in a car crash on Sunday had a daughter aged 11 who wasn't with them. That's pretty heartbreaking. 

More heartbreaking if she was with them. 

31 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

More heartbreaking if she was with them. 

I think that's the ethical debate. For me if I lost my wife and daughters I wouldn't be far behind them in all honesty. Hopefully she has good extended family around her. 

Billie Eilish's full name is Billie Eilish Pirate Baird O'Connell.

"Now we go to the Pyramid Stage where Pirate Baird is headlining.".

3 hours ago, Venti said:

Billie Eilish's full name is Billie Eilish Pirate Baird O'Connell.

"Now we go to the Pyramid Stage where Pirate Baird is headlining.".

If she's still vegan she could be a Pirate of the Carob Bean.