Things You Learned Today

8 hours ago, Raidernation said:

I got a new student today whose given name is Aine, pronounced “Anya”. Seems fair

I have another who has been absent so far whose surname is “Knippell”. I’m scared to ask…..

Sounds like a bit of a tit

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I can see the headlines "Trade Deal with Liberland a triumph for Brexit says Truss"

Considering how our post-Brexit deals seem akin to The Rangers offering Kevin Kyle four times his most ludicrous fantasy wage demand, there'd be fictional Liberland farmers expressing surprise to the press about the generous terms we were willing to offer for their non-existent lambs.

5 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Ive learned that Liberland has possibly the shittest flag in Europe.

Nah, that has to go to Romania's simply because it's exactly the same as Chad's.  Imagine not even having your own flag.  Tinpot stuff.

14 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Nah, that has to go to Romania's simply because it's exactly the same as Chad's.  Imagine not even having your own flag.  Tinpot stuff.

Liechtenstein and Haiti had the same flag until 1936 without anyone noticing, then they turned up at the Olympics essentially wearing the same dress, much to everyone's embarrassment.

(Thanks to whoever originally posted that factoid)

28 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I think Romania was first tbf.

And Im sure they had defined pantones or somesuch for their colours.

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

I think Romania was first tbf.

And Im sure they had defined pantones or somesuch for their colours.

Nobody cares about pantones, as illustrated beautifully well in Scotland where the majority of Scottish flags are the completely wrong shade of blue (including that on the background of the union flag).

The fan in my WC which got its first good cleaning and vacuuming in forever is actually continuous and I shouldn't have panicked and tried to arrange for an electrician to come out to have a look.. 

4 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

^^^RGB fan found.

Although it has its flaws, I'm all for the scientific community adopting the Dulux colour chart.  Why opt for the arbitrary Munsell code 7.5R 4/10 when you have "arsenic eggshell".