Newtongrange Star 2022/23

1 hour ago, Urban123 said:

Rumour on the street is that the Nitten assistant coach was finally sacked this week for his embarrassing behaviour every week. Then today the manager Mr King had to be physically held back by players from fighting with supporters who were calling for his head. Not a committee member in sight as usual. Goodbye and good riddance to both, a dirty stain on the history of this once great club. 

When a buffoon of a supporter is shouting abusive language through out the game when all can hear including children it's not the best about kingy getting held back that's not true kingy shouted back come and say it to my face with the buffoon leaving the ground with this tail between his legs not the brightest person and easily let a stray.

The weakest president in the clubs history stands by watching everything around him burn. Clear message sent, Mr King can do whatever he wants. He can threaten to take the players away if the committee sack him. He can shout abuse and challenge lifelong supporters to a fight on the pitch in full view of everyone. He can go 20+ consecutive games across two league seasons without a win. He can get the club relegated. He can somehow manage to muck up promotion from a pub league. The list of failures is endless. He can fail time after time knowing full well Absent Archie will do nothing as he is too scared and incompetent to run a bath never mind a football club. An emergency EGM to remove Absent Archie and Mr King is maybe now the only way to save the club from going under.

2 hours ago, Urban123 said:

The weakest president in the clubs history stands by watching everything around him burn. Clear message sent, Mr King can do whatever he wants. He can threaten to take the players away if the committee sack him. He can shout abuse and challenge lifelong supporters to a fight on the pitch in full view of everyone. He can go 20+ consecutive games across two league seasons without a win. He can get the club relegated. He can somehow manage to muck up promotion from a pub league. The list of failures is endless. He can fail time after time knowing full well Absent Archie will do nothing as he is too scared and incompetent to run a bath never mind a football club. An emergency EGM to remove Absent Archie and Mr King is maybe now the only way to save the club from going under.

21 hours ago, nittin bull said:

My only reply urban is to come to AGM and voice your concerns your more than welcome that's if you are a member of the club.

So you must be a member to have an opinion now, absolute nonsense. I know a lot of fans don't have memberships as it's just not worth it really.

Having not been at the game on Saturday I can't comment but surely fans are entitled to an opinion on the job the manager is doing no? As of today it's not that great a job in my honest opinion and I haven't been for a few weeks now as frankly it's just not appealing to watch us either stumble to a positive result or get hammered like we did against Preston.

Unfortunately I don't see us winning promotion under Chris and ultimately he'll have failed what target he was set and will surely fall on his sword? If not then we will head further into the abyss I think 

Be on the star

The manager should not need to be held back by players because a ‘buffoon’ shouted at him. Not acceptable. I believe the ‘buffoon’ in question has been a season ticket holder for many years and part of a group who puts money into the football club on a regular basis. Surely he can voice his opinion . I wasn’t there and don’t know what was shouted but ffs you can’t go around challenging supporters to fight!!!

2 hours ago, 1985 said:

The manager should not need to be held back by players because a ‘buffoon’ shouted at him. Not acceptable. I believe the ‘buffoon’ in question has been a season ticket holder for many years and part of a group who puts money into the football club on a regular basis. Surely he can voice his opinion . I wasn’t there and don’t know what was shouted but ffs you can’t go around challenging supporters to fight!!!

You can at Nitten Star. It’s absolutely acceptable for the manager to walk across the pitch towards supporters asking them to come and fight him while being physically restrained by his own players. Any other club and Mr King would be gone but Absent Archie won’t do a thing and Mr King knows that.

Dont remember hearing much said during the game towards the management, that only happened at FT. The reply back to the fans was surprising from management. 

Question for me is where is the vision and ambition from the club? Relegation last season, 3rd this season looking more likely to be 5th in the coming weeks.

U20s doing well, looking like winning their league hopefully. Playing some good football with some players looking like they could contribute to the 1st team. Yet all we see is the same lads week in week out scraping some wins in a league we were meant to win.

With no signs of progression into a poor 1st team whats to keep the better u20s players with ambitions of 1st team football at Nitten next season? 

This season could of been a great opportunity to add a few lads to a squad that needs energy in it. 

One vision for the club could be progression of young players. If done in a balanced way you could gain a reputation over the coming years for giving the best youth a chance. Attracting better 16, 17 and 18 year olds to the u20s. 

If you get this right you have a convener belt of talent to chose from and promote with a aim to sell and reinvest in experienced players to support this model. 

All i know is the fans in the stand are always excited when they see young lads starting or on the bench given a chance. 

Time for change the fans can get behind, needs a braver club than what we are seeing now.

1 hour ago, Whyno said:

Dont remember hearing much said during the game towards the management, that only happened at FT. The reply back to the fans was surprising from management. 

Question for me is where is the vision and ambition from the club? Relegation last season, 3rd this season looking more likely to be 5th in the coming weeks.

U20s doing well, looking like winning their league hopefully. Playing some good football with some players looking like they could contribute to the 1st team. Yet all we see is the same lads week in week out scraping some wins in a league we were meant to win.

With no signs of progression into a poor 1st team whats to keep the better u20s players with ambitions of 1st team football at Nitten next season? 

This season could of been a great opportunity to add a few lads to a squad that needs energy in it. 

One vision for the club could be progression of young players. If done in a balanced way you could gain a reputation over the coming years for giving the best youth a chance. Attracting better 16, 17 and 18 year olds to the u20s. 

If you get this right you have a convener belt of talent to chose from and promote with a aim to sell and reinvest in experienced players to support this model. 

All i know is the fans in the stand are always excited when they see young lads starting or on the bench given a chance. 

Time for change the fans can get behind, needs a braver club than what we are seeing now.

I agree , need to be braver and bring the young ones in . There’s some good players in the 20s and it would be a shame to lose them to other clubs who would be willing to give them a chance . Sadly, it’s not going to happen. 

Why would any young player want to play for Mr King or a club which allows a culture of bullying young players. If rumours are true the club chaplain had to formally address the bullying claims against Mr King and his assistant Gavin which were raised at committee level and even give counselling to some of them. Another example of badly run and behind the times the clubs is. 

Edited by Urban123

On 19/03/2023 at 17:05, Urban123 said:

Not been a decent president since Stan Adams

14 hours ago, Urban123 said:

Why would any young player want to play for Mr King or a club which allows a culture of bullying young players. If rumours are true the club chaplain had to formally address the bullying claims against Mr King and his assistant Gavin which were raised at committee level and even give counselling to some of them. Another example of badly run and behind the times the clubs is. 

If this is correct then that's even more concerning considering where the club is at.

Time for those at the top to do the right thing. They have to remember inactivity is a stain on them also. What do they want there legacy to be at the club?

Never to late to turn things around. 

Not my club nitten but a good mate of mine has been a supporter of the club for over 45 years.

He actually doesn’t mind Mr King and has said that the rumour he has heard is that the U20’s manager and his staff want king out so they can try and land the job so have been posting on here to try and stir up some traction against him, having read some of the previous posts on here that might well have some legs, it’s an open forum so I though I might aswell just Chuck that grenade in. If it’s true or not i don’t know.

52 minutes ago, Franky Bhoy said:

Not my club Nitten but a good mate of mine has been a supporter of the club for over 45 years.

He actually doesn’t mind Mr King and has said that the rumour he has heard is that the u20’s manager and his staff want king out so they can try and land the job so have been posting on here to try and stir up some traction against him, having read some of the previous posts on here that might well have some legs, it’s an open forum so I though I might as well just Chuck that grenade in. If it’s true or not i don’t know.

I am the manager of Nitten Star u20s. Neither me nor anyone connected with the u20s have posted on this thread at any point. The first team stuff is absolutely nothing to do with me, or us, do not involve us in this conversation again.

We enjoy it at the club and are half way through a 3/4 year project with a very young exciting squad and we want to see that through to the end before the players move on to play in the senior game. We have been approached about first team jobs elsewhere and turned them down for these reasons, so to suggest we are desperately making up rubbish on forums to get a first team job is absolutely nonsense. Its pathetic. 

"if its true or not i don't know" - I would suggest you know fine well it isn't true. You realise saying stuff like that could cause rifts or issues at the club, or perhaps that was your intention here.

People have far too much time on their hands, find something useful to do rather than spending time talking absolute rubbish on faceless forums.

8 minutes ago, Mr Tee said:

I am the manager of Nitten Star u20s. Neither me nor anyone connected with the u20s have posted on this thread at any point. The first team stuff is absolutely nothing to do with me, or us, do not involve us in this conversation again.

We enjoy it at the club and are half way through a 3/4 year project with a very young exciting squad and we want to see that through to the end before the players move on to play in the senior game. We have been approached about first team jobs elsewhere and turned them down for these reasons, so to suggest we are desperately making up rubbish on forums to get a first team job is absolutely nonsense. Its pathetic. 

"if its true or not i don't know" - I would suggest you know fine well it isn't true. You realise saying stuff like that could cause rifts or issues at the club, or perhaps that was your intention here.

People have far too much time on their hands, find something useful to do rather than spending time talking absolute rubbish on faceless forums.

Hi Mr Tee, that was a VERY quick response. Some would say convenient but I’m not going to look too much into that. Bottom line, I couldn’t give two bamboo shoots about nitten,

I have no motive to cause a “riff” at the club I’m a penicuik fan if truth be told but when I asked my mate WTF was going on with the drama at nitten, that’s what he said. Been a few new accounts created recently having a pop at the manager and really playing the youth card, just putting 2&2 together.