Dundee Utd vs Celtic Sunday 28th

49 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

If you have any feelings of affection for Scottish football and the health of its top flight then a 9-0 home defeat from a club in the same league while parhaps not controversial, is clearly a cause for real concern. And it's a far more pressing issue than whether someone was offside or not. 

I'd agree if it was happening on a regular or even somewhat regular basic but the fact this was a record win for us spanning a 134 history suggests this was just a bit of a freak result where everything that could go right for Celtic did and everything that could go wrong for United did.

If we continue to dish out 7,8,9 goal victories regularly over the course of the season then that clearly would be a cause for concern but that isn't happening as of yet. 

Edited by Jinky67

8 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I'd agree if it was happening on a regular or even somewhat regular basic but the fact this was a record win for us spanning a 134 history suggests this was just a bit of a freak result where everything that could go right for Celtic did and everything that could go wrong for United did.

If we continue to dish out 7,8,9 goal victories regularly over the course of the season then that clearly would be a cause for concern but that isn't happening as of yet. 

To be honest, the main thing stopping it happening more often may just be putting the tools away at 4 or 5 ahead of a heavy fixture schedule when the European games start to kick in.

6 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

To be honest, the main thing stopping it happening more often may just be putting the tools away at 4 or 5 ahead of a heavy fixture schedule when the European games start to kick in.

Maybe, we won by more then 3 goals in the league on 10 occasions last season and most of those came at the end of the season after we had gone out of Europe. You could also attribute that to us having a bigger squad and fatigue not impacting us as heavily.

Our biggest away win last season was 4-0 away to Motherwell so well off what happened yesterday

Edited by Jinky67

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Why would you winning every single game be ok? 

Because it's a competition and the aim is to try and win every single game and score more points than anyone else

Edited by Jinky67

3 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Don't you think that that scenario would indicate the competition was no longer functioning?

It's not the current or indeed previous scenario since no club at least in my lifetime has won every single game nor are they likely to

Edited by Jinky67

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

It's not the current or indeed previous scenario since no club at least in my lifetime has won every single game nor are they likely to

Thankfully, Winning 34 and drawing 4 is a sign of a healthy, fierce competition. 

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

No, but two teams are annihilating the other ten teams week in week out, which indicates it's pretty much humped to me.

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Fair enough, 3rd wouldn't have happened
if Ref McLean had recognised he'd
stopped young Meekison in his tracks.

He assisted the 3rd as much as any
in green. 
Not disputing the overall outcome but it 
grates the OF get help they don't need.

Spotted that myself and the game just flowed on. However, even so, no United player made any attempt at the ball from that point on.

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Thankfully, Winning 34 and drawing 4 is a sign of a healthy, fierce competition. 

And thankfully that only happens to us once every 119 seasons so most likely we are both pushing up the daisies before we emulate that. 

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

There was a 9-0 win for Liverpool this weekend but I've not seen anybody saying R.I.P English Football or acting concerned. Instead just people celebrating a top Liverpool performance.

But Celtic win 9-0 & it's the end of the world. No credit given whatsoever for an incredible performance, just excuses & dramatics about the state of Scottish football. 

Why the double standards I wonder? 🙄

8 minutes ago, HailHailHayley said:

There was a 9-0 win for Liverpool this weekend but I've not seen anybody saying R.I.P English Football or acting concerned. Instead just people celebrating a top Liverpool performance.

But Celtic win 9-0 & it's the end of the world. No credit given whatsoever for an incredible performance, just excuses & dramatics about the state of Scottish football. 

Because most people who support Liverpool actually live there?

28 minutes ago, HailHailHayley said:

Because in the last 36 years 9 different clubs have won the English league while only celtic and both Rangers have won the Scottish one ? 🤔

Edited by Merkie84
Typo