Dundee Utd vs Celtic Sunday 28th

11 minutes ago, Self-raising Lazarus said:

I think he's bang on, sport in general has folk with nothing else in their life bar their team, but I know more than a few old firm fans who's entire personality is supporting whichever half, and the vile bigotry that goes with it. It seems these folk are disproportionately more likely to support an arse cheek than any other club.

I neither support Rangers or Celtic you fools.I am a millionaire living happily with my young wife and family .

2 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

yeah was nearly (mor)ten

If you were listening to the match commentary you would have heard that prior to today...the only team to deliver an 'at home' hounding was Greenock Morton.

Happy to help. 

1 hour ago, Ron Aldo said:

What is it you personally are actually winning though?

Seems like you're hanging on to the successes of a football team to try and compensate for the fact you're a loser in everyday life.

What an absolutely woeful take on being a football fan. 

Regardless if you support Real Madrid, Liverpool, Celtic, Dundee United, Stirling Albion, Stranraer or Buckie Thistle we all enjoy going to watch our team as a bit of escapism from the highs and lows of general life, work, family, finances etc, it doesn't compensate nor make up for what goes right or wrong in the latter whichever team you follow, football is meant to be something you enjoy, win lose or draw no matter how much your personal life is good nor bad and let you forget, even if it's just for a couple of hours the trials and tribulations of normal life, the notion that someone chooses a team to compensate for any perceived problems in your private life is hideously off the mark.

I go and watch Celtic every week on a supporters bus with people ive known for, in some cases two decades, regardless of how we are doing I look forward to the social aspect first and foremost, seeing and having a laugh with my 'second family', people who have been there for me through some serious problems in my private life, Celtic winning and doing well is a bonus but not the be all and end all in the bigger picture. 

I buried my 16 year old daughter two years ago and I'd happily swap every game ive seen Celtic win to have just ten minutes with her to say the things I want to say to her about how much I love and miss her, and it is those people on that supporters bus who were there for me when I needed them and saved my sanity and probably my life, not the result of any football match or league title race.

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

I assume based on the team you support are Glasgow/Lanarkshire based. I assume also you have encountered an Orange/Hibs Walk where they have been playing tunes about 17th century battles, paramilitaries and anti pope/queen bullshit.

I would also imagine not a fucking peep left your mouth. Does this make you complicit? No it doesn’t it makes you smart by putting your personal safety first

The first thing anyone can do is to stop singing the songs and taking part but confronting amped up and sometimes tanked up morons isn’t something everyone is comfortable or even capable of doing and if you genuinely believe it is please film the next time you encounter an Orange/Hibs Walk and stand up to them. Also if you can leave details of where i should send flowers too also

I'd have guessed Renfrewshire 

3 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

By the way, don't know if it was picked up by TV but the Celtic fans booing Joe Hart for not going up for a corner we got in the 89th minute was the type of humour you only get in Scottish football. 

ace58174272ce9b244bfd2dde8c35836.jpg