East Fife vs Dumbarton

2 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

He won't play. Just recovering from a year out injured. Played 90 against rangers b on Tuesday and was miles off the pace.

Shame about that, good player at this level, someone we've fancied since Gary Naysmith was in charge & he was at QP. Heres hoping Ryan Blair won't open his Bayview account against us!

You guys are going well, what a difference seeing both sets of fans positive, after the previous 12 months!

Overwhelming feeling that you just KNOW Ryan Wallace is going to score this weekend, don't you? 

We've had a surprisingly good start to the season so far, albeit the opening fixtures have, as it's turned out, mostly been against those who currently find themselves in the bottom half of the table. Only exception being Bonnyrigg Rose who beat us 3-0 at home, though I don't believe that score-line reflected the game at all.

So this is a hard one to predict, but given Sons winning start and the fact that Ryan Wallace and Blair will both be absolutely up for this, I would take a draw if you offered it now. 

From our POV, I actually still think we're in the process of discovering our strongest starting XI. We definitely need to tighten up at the back and get some strength up front and we need to improve our decision-making in the final third. Biggest test of the season so far. #monthefife

2 minutes ago, monthefife said:

Overwhelming feeling that you just KNOW Ryan Wallace is going to score this weekend, don't you? 

Unfortunately for Ryan Wallace he can’t get near the starting 11 at the minute. He missed the first game of the season with a knock and Byrne has been pretty much undroppable since. He’s looked handy enough coming off the bench and got the winner away at Cliftonhill so never say never! 

1 hour ago, monthefife said:

We've had a surprisingly good start to the season so far, albeit the opening fixtures have, as it's turned out, mostly been against those who currently find themselves in the bottom half of the table. Only exception being Bonnyrigg Rose who beat us 3-0 at home, though I don't believe that score-line reflected the game at all.

So this is a hard one to predict, but given Sons winning start and the fact that Ryan Wallace and Blair will both be absolutely up for this, I would take a draw if you offered it now. 

From our POV, I actually still think we're in the process of discovering our strongest starting XI. We definitely need to tighten up at the back and get some strength up front and we need to improve our decision-making in the final third. Biggest test of the season so far. #monthefife

Yeah, I don't think there's all that much chance of him scoring to be honest. He has looked fine coming off the bench but just isn't that sharp and is only getting 10/15 minutes cameos so far.

Shame McGeever isn't match fit as I'd have been confident of him scoring for sure!

35 minutes ago, Life on Marrs? said:

No chance, he's finished. Be loaned to EK in January, as Dumbarton try to recoup some of their outlay. 

Definitely doesn't look finished. He's a hard working and tricky, technical forward and adds clever play to our attack. He's been a victim of circumstance since the competitive games started. He was being lined up as the main striker during pre season, but a knock at the start of the season, followed by being unavailable due to a friend's wedding once he had recovered has meant Declan Byrne being picked out of necessity, which has coincided with a great winning run, meaning the manager isn't in a hurry to change the starting XI. Wallace will have his part to play as the season rolls along. He looks the type who needs a run of games for form and sharpness, but I don't think he's in any way done. Quite a good player to watch and offers us a different option. 

24 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Definitely doesn't look finished. He's a hard working and tricky, technical forward and adds clever play to our attack. He's been a victim of circumstance since the competitive games started. He was being lined up as the main striker during pre season, but a knock at the start of the season, followed by being unavailable due to a friend's wedding once he had recovered has meant Declan Byrne being picked out of necessity, which has coincided with a great winning run, meaning the manager isn't in a hurry to change the starting XI. Wallace will have his part to play as the season rolls along. He looks the type who needs a run of games for form and sharpness, but I don't think he's in any way done. Quite a good player to watch and offers us a different option. 

Don’t think Wallace is an out and out/main striker these days. Last 2 seasons with us when he could be bothered playing he seemed content to sit deeper and let Connell do the running upfront hence scored very few goals over his time at Bayview.