World's loneliest man dies

14 minutes ago, MuckleMoo said:

Blows my mind that there are still tribes out there that have had little to no contact with the outside world

Didn’t some Yank missionary get twatted by a protected tribe in India a couple of years back.  It’s illegal to visit their island because they’ve never had any contact with the outside world.

Who knows what knowledge goes to the grave with him. What Gods are now unworshipped.  What great deeds passed down from his ancestors are now unknown never to be told again.

I guess every civilisation and people will have this moment. I always feel sad when I read stories like this though.  

They're calling him the loneliest man in the world, but maybe he got used to it after a few years. There are probably people in cities feeling lonelier with people all around them. Maybe he wandered about chatting with his ancestors all day.

Edited by welshbairn

Who knows what knowledge goes to the grave with him. What Gods are now unworshipped.  What great deeds passed down from his ancestors are now unknown never to be told again.
I guess every civilisation and people will have this moment. I always feel sad when I read stories like this though.  
I genuinely believe that the world has become just a little more shit than it already is because of this.

A tiny wee bit further beyond repair.

8 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Didn’t some Yank missionary get twatted by a protected tribe in India a couple of years back.  It’s illegal to visit their island because they’ve never had any contact with the outside world.

Yes, it’s the Sentinelese. They are possibly the last truly uncontacted tribe, it’s illegal to go near their island and they generally react extremely violently to anyone that does. Usually that’s fishermen trying to take advantage of the exclusion zone to land a bigger catch but a few years back an American missionary landed to convert them to Christianity and after he landed a few times and had arrows shot at him before he left. Eventually on his third attempt to communicate, they killed him. No murder investigation was opened as the Indian police commented “f**k around and find out. Bitch.” 

Edited by ICTChris

1 hour ago, Left Back said:

I got stopped by a couple of yank missionaries last week, never twatted them though. 

1 hour ago, Left Back said:

You know it is all just a charade.  In the middle of North Sentinel Island is a huge underground bunker that is used to watch everyone, listen to everyone and basically just control the world.

It is all pretty clever if you ask me.