Ross County v Celtic

Flybhoy

2 hours ago, Comrie said:

Keeper has absolutely ruined it for us. Big Ross Doohan vibes from him.

Was Alan Creer the lad who lost a finger? Be as well bringing him back as playing Eastwood 

Just got in the door at 3am after an hour detour/delay for a police incident on the Kessock Bridge, just seen on Twitter it appears someone has sadly taken their life earlier there, makes the annoyance of the delay seem trivial and irrelevant when you discover the reason behind it, RIP whoever the poor soul was.

As for the game we were excellent in fits and starts, two cracking first half finishes, including a rarity.... a set piece routine from Celtic resulting in a goal, although part of me wonders if it really was from the training ground or just Turnbull and McGregor just taking advantage of the defence being asleep with quick thinking off the cuff type thing, excellent finish for the second from GG although pretty pathetic defending from the home side standing off him and inviting him to shoot, the home goalkeeper sells the jerseys big time for our third just as a bit of defensive slackness in our own box gave County an unlikely lifeline in a game they were never in truth be told, James Forrest being just typical of his last year or so at Celtic, no longer a starter, bit part player at most who, in his twenty minutes or so gave possession away about five times but managed a tap in.

All in all an enjoyable wee midweek trip up north, sleep will be hanging out me tomorrow but, all that put into perspective given the sad news emerging from a few miles down the road after the game. 

6 hours ago, forkboy said:

Was Alan Creer the lad who lost a finger? Be as well bringing him back as playing Eastwood 

That name still gives me the fear. He is/was a joiner now, I think.

Was a strange game. Two cheap cheap goals to concede in the first half, but I actually thought we did well in the second and, without really threatening, got a foothold in the game. We get the goal and Celtic panicked for a 5 minute period but the 3rd goal killed the game and the 4th one probably flattered them slightly but there’s no doubt in my mind Celtic will score 4+ numerous times this season. However, if last night doesn’t show the need for Malky to stop setting up so negatively against the OF then I don’t know what will. As soon as an out and out winger was on the park - we were a threat. If Jordan White doesn’t start at the weekend against Aberdeen then I don’t know what the guy will have to do to get a league start this season - thought he did brilliantly. Yet to be convinced by Loturi too but I have faith in the recruitment policy at County and I’ll let him off in that his only appearances of significance have been against the OF in games where we have little of the ball.