Pollok v Clydebank - 10th Sept

47 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Why is the capacity reduced to 900 when it could comfortably hold 3000?

Just a guess, but perhaps something to do with licensing for certain cups?

Our place comfortably holds 15-1600, but when it's been used for games in the big Scottish - the Talbot game against BSC a few years ago for example - the attendance it's licensed for is capped at something weird and oddly specific like 660.

1 hour ago, Hillonearth said:

Our place comfortably holds 15-1600, but when it's been used for games in the big Scottish - the Talbot game against BSC a few years ago for example - the attendance it's licensed for is capped at something weird and oddly specific like 660.

You need to be licenced to get into Scottish Cup or win a qualifying tournament. Think the capacity applies to all games not just Scottish. Not sure our games v lok at Newlandsfield - albeit well attended at times- have been close to 900 ( apart from semi in 2009 ) but guess they don't want to take the chance

Edited by BANKIEBILL

1 hour ago, Hillonearth said:

There are many factors in calculating capacity,  depending on the different factors, and it’s always the lowest factor that matters. 

It’s not a case of simply working out how many you can squeeze in.

if it’s quite a specific number it’s likely to be a multiple of the number of entrences/exits/toilets etc. 

6 hours ago, BANKIEBILL said:

You need to be licenced to get into Scottish Cup or win a qualifying tournament. Think the capacity applies to all games not just Scottish. Not sure our games v lok at Newlandsfield - albeit well attended at times- have been close to 900 ( apart from semi in 2009 ) but guess they don't want to take the chance

Last 4 games at Newlandsfield were - 719 (in the west), 605,736,and 451

33 minutes ago, F_T_Y said:

Interesting.

Makes the 90 tickets offered sound even worse.

Whats going on at the ground? Work being done or something?

When you get an SFA License they put an official capacity on your ground. I assume Newlandsfield's is so low due to a lack of exit points, a problem that a lot of grounds have had. 

3 minutes ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

When you get an SFA License they put an official capacity on your ground. I assume Newlandsfield's is so low due to a lack of exit points, a problem that a lot of grounds have had. 

Questioned this at the end of last season's Pollok v Clydebank cup tie when some halfwit left a parked car at the bottom of a stairwell.

I said at the time how dangerous that would be with a serious crowd in.

Within a couple of days Pollok stated stated the capacity of Newlandsfield would be 900!!!

I thought the official capacity was only for scottish cup games.

Even still, no way it can be 300 less than holm park when there is terracing all the way around and we only have two sides.

There must be a section of the ground that has been deemed unsafe.

Shame for them as they will be losing out on the day of the scotland game when a few neutrals would be looking for a game i imagine.

Edited by F_T_Y

3 minutes ago, F_T_Y said:

I thought the official capacity was only for scottish cup games.

Even still, no way it can be 300 less than holm park when there is terracing all the way around and we only have two sides.

Pollok capacity would be set by Glasgow city council.

Holm Park is in a different council area so that might be the reason.

1 hour ago, PossilYM said:

Pollok capacity would be set by Glasgow city council.

Holm Park is in a different council area so that might be the reason.

And there lies the problem! 

Pollok capacity set by a council who would access the safety of some of the biggest grounds in the country and have a standard they set that will be different to many local councils

With regards exists - we have two large gates that are available plus the members gate. That is probably more than most 

Talbot one exit is via the turnstiles so single file. But allowed 3k at Scottish cup v Hearts.

i believe the main restrictions are around safe standing around the ground, which would be no worse than any other grounds that I would visit that are not in GCC. 

For all those that are frustrated by it, I am pretty certain they are not as frustrated as those who now need to arrange ticketing and limited finances as a result. 

43 minutes ago, superpollok said:

Pollok capacity set by a council who would access the safety of some of the biggest grounds in the country and have a standard they set that will be different to many local councils

With regards exists - we have two large gates that are available plus the members gate. That is probably more than most 

Talbot one exit is via the turnstiles so single file. But allowed 3k at Scottish cup v Hearts.

i believe the main restrictions are around safe standing around the ground, which would be no worse than any other grounds that I would visit that are not in GCC. 

For all those that are frustrated by it, I am pretty certain they are not as frustrated as those who now need to arrange ticketing and limited finances as a result. 

Talbot have another exit that's big enough to drive a bus through at the other side of the Coal Road end enclosure from the clubhouse that they open for the bigger games. Also, the turnstyle at Coal Road has 2 turnstyles (so it's more than single file) and next to that there's a gate for cars to get in and out that could be used for exiting punters if push came to shove. 

1 hour ago, superpollok said:

Did Lok install safety barriers on their terracing?