Arbroath v Raith Rovers

We created nothing and got what we deserved.

Against what has been seen as a solid defence, the Raith goal was just too easy. Thanks to Gaston they only got the one when they strolled through the defence to a 1 on 1 with him.

Bobby Linn had little chance against the two or three defenders who were onto him every time he got the ball.  

A miserable game on a miserable night at Gayfield.

Anyway, cracking win. Wasn't at all convinced we'd have the stomach for the battle tonight but glad to be proven wrong. Unfortunate that we continue to struggle in the forward department but luckily tonight it didn't cost us. Puts a helluva pressure on the back four and 'keeper though.

3 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

Think his position needs to be questioned if we loose against hamilton. His team selections and tactics have been questionable to say the least but most of all his signing policy has been shocking and arguably lead to a couple of important players leaving.

You've got to think he has loads of the proverbial 'credit in the bank', but after Ranieri was sacked by Leicester nine months after winning the league, anything is possible.

6 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I hope you’re our lucky charm!!!!

We fkn need one

Unfortunately not tonight bud.

Decent enough game with Raith worthy winners in the end.Arbroath never had much chances at all pretty poor stuff to be honest.Dick time up?

3 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Possibly Falkirk. I'm not convinced he's good enough out wide and Murray seemingly isn't going to play him off the striker where he did the damage last season. I don't see a regular starting place for him under Murray and I think he'll end up asking for a move like Zanatta. 

We cant afford to lose anymore money, God knows how much we paid Aberdeen and are still due in add on's , cant see them being happy with a percentage of feck all if we let him go, I know the board are daft but surely no that feckin daft

1 minute ago, afc_36_0 said:

Think his position needs to be questioned if we loose against hamilton. His team selections and tactics have been questionable to say the least but most of all his signing policy has been shocking and arguably lead to a couple of important players leaving.

My take on it is that Arbroath benefitted from very good loan signings which of course are gone and the replacemets aren't of the same quality ('though maybe you'll disagree about Tait).  Also you relied on your solid defence but with Jason gone and Big Tam either off the boil or banned that foundation hasn't been there.

5 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

My take on it is that Arbroath benefitted from very good loan signings which of course are gone and the replacemets aren't of the same quality ('though maybe you'll disagree about Tait).  Also you relied on your solid defence but with Jason gone and Big Tam either off the boil or banned that foundation hasn't been there.

No strikers is our problem.Having to play midfielder s/wingers upfront is the difference from last year. 

1 minute ago, WHM said:

No strikers is our problem. Having to play midfielder s/wingers upfront is the difference from last year. 

Tell us about it, did you see how pish Big Fred and Connell are? The only current resemblence of a striker is Gullan and he's constantly taken off injured.

I blame the manager for that farce, and not for the first time this season.  There's been games where we look like our old selves.  Against Dundee and QP, we had fire and steel,  but its just not firing for us this season.   I wonder if the lack of goals is encouraging Dick to do ever wilder things tactically, just compounding the situation.

1 minute ago, Raith_Raver said:

Tell us about it, did you see how pish Big Fred and Connell are? The only current resemblence of a striker is Gullan and he's constantly taken off injured.

Big Fred looked poor.last year we had Nouble/Hamilton/Dowds and Wighton top scorer s in the league,kept the ball up the other end of the park and less pressure on the defence.This year the ball goes upfront and most of the time comes back.

Thought we played really well, Liam Duck at centre half is like a different player, Connor is some player for 19.

Connell should have wrapped up the 3 points with 2 gilt edged chances, Easton continues to frustrate and Big John doesn’t look like the messiah.

I’d take the number 20 from Arbroath in a heart beat.

10 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Thought we played really well, Liam Duck at centre half is like a different player, Connor is some player for 19.

Connell should have wrapped up the 3 points with 2 gilt edged chances, Easton continues to frustrate and Big John doesn’t look like the messiah.

I’d take the number 20 from Arbroath in a heart beat.

Agreed if we needed yet another midfielder I suppose. Connell has to do better, but thankfully his misses weren't costing us in the end. Frederiksen is the footballing equivalent of what that wee jakey (of which we seem to have a load of, you can spot them wearing anything Stone Island) threw up in the first half. 

As an aside we also had a fan there wearing shorts...madness 🤣

1 minute ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Aye like a striker who was on trial with us in preseason and wasn’t deemed good enough and you lot snapped him up has he even played a game yet? 

Only seen enough of him to judge him on his short sprints across the pitch