The Official Liz Truss no longer PM but still a Clusterfuck thread

Clown Job

8 minutes ago, Antlion said:

Nope, it’s ignoring the multiple people who have pointed out that not blindly cheerleading Sir Keir’s Labour does not mean they think they’re exactly the same as the current Tories.

No it doesn't - you're correct.

The ones who explicitly said that very thing surely meant it though.  No?

4 minutes ago, JMDPco said:

Good to see @Jedi in absolute tears at the crumbling of the Tories. Thoughts and prayers with you at this time. 

You really have lost me here.....as a Labour supporter I am tears at the crumbling of the Tories? Ah, I think I might get it....that's because Labour are the same as the Tories.

Boris will win.  He’ll make it known to party members privately then publicly when momentum builds that he and he alone has a democratic mandate.  Any others don’t and will require a general election.  They’ll fall into line for another two years of snouts in troughs.

7 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

No it doesn't - you're correct.

The ones who explicitly said that very thing surely meant it though.  No?

A difference that makes no difference is no difference at all. 

Would either party carpet-bomb Scotland from Sheltland to Peebles, make drinking illegal and introduce the right of prima-nocte for the Scottish Secretary for a 0.005% swing in the vote south of the border and a rich tea biscuit. Yes of course they would. Demonstrably they would. In a heartbeat. 

Anyway strange to have the Liz Truss ex PM thread derailed by someone mewling about people not loving Labour enough.  

Not exactly deraling it in the sense that other folk starting discussing 'doesnt matter who is in power at Westminster, whether Truss or others, its the system, all pretty much as bad as each other etc', and I replied to these in terms of where I thought Labour would be a significant improvement on the current Tory govt.

Worth stating again, that I am not actually against Scottish Independence, having both voted Yes, and campaigned for it in 2014 (these pesky ol Labour for Independence folk again). I had admiration for the way Alex Salmond conducted the Yes side and arguments in 2014. I was a fan of the White Paper, which was a clear and sensible proposal for the starting point of where an i Scotland would start, it answered all the questions. Although I wasn't sure then about the currency option of starting with sterling as I still am not, the prospect that Scotland would still be in the EU, as of course Brexit hadn't happened was good. 

The 'change' comes now from feeling that questions are not being answered in the same way as they were in 2014, (doesn't mean I would vote No next year), and indeed the very different proposals as set out by Andrew Wilson which differ so much from the White Paper. But still think the Yes side needs to sharpen its arguments significantly.

Anyway...........yes Johnson looks a shoe in, and will that give the Tories a bounce in the polls....not so sure.

Edited by Jedi

Boris believes he is destined to rule as Prime Minister. It has always been his dream. His dream was ended prematurely and look at how desperately he held onto power until he finally caved in. Now he has the opportunity to reclaim his throne, the weirdo Conservative party members will want him back and many Tory MP’s will want him back because he will be seen as a familiar face, “stable” someone who knows the ropes. I’m going to say that it’s almost 100% going to be him. It’s hilarious but also terrifying at the same time.

Just now, Miguel Sanchez said:

At least they'll be able to make a saving on not having to redecorate 10 Downing Street this time.

I bet it's in a right state, Carrie probably tried to rip the wallpaper down when they were evicted.

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

You were clearly implying that nobody was saying Sir Keir’s Labour is exactly the same as the current Tories.

That's not the case.

No I wasn’t. I was implying that he was tarring everyone with the same brush and ignoring the several people (myself included) who didn’t fit his simplified narrative. Sorry to thwart a bit of white knighting.

I think it shows not so much (or not 'only') the problems inherent in the Westminster system if Johnson returns but rather the complete immoral shambles which the Tory party is

7 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

A difference that makes no difference is no difference at all. 

Would either party carpet-bomb Scotland from Sheltland to Peebles, make drinking illegal and introduce the right of prima-nocte for the Scottish Secretary for a 0.005% swing in the vote south of the border and a rich tea biscuit. Yes of course they would. Demonstrably they would. In a heartbeat. 

Anyway strange to have the Liz Truss ex PM thread derailed by someone mewling about people not loving Labour enough.  

Mmmm, you're being a bit silly Mate.

4 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Not exactly deraling it in the sense that other folk starting discussing 'doesnt matter who is in power at Westminster, whether Truss or others, its the system, all pretty much as bad as each other etc', and I replied to these in terms of where I thought Labour would be a significant improvement on the current Tory govt.

Worth stating again, that I am not actually against Scottish Independence, having both voted Yes, and campaigned for it in 2014 (these pesky ol Labour for Independence folk again). I had admiration for the way Alex Salmond conducted the Yes side and arguments in 2014. I was a fan of the White Paper, which was a clear and sensible proposal for the starting point of where an i Scotland would start, it answered all the questions. Although I wasn't sure then about the currency option of starting with sterling as I still am not, the prospect that Scotland would still be in the EU, as of course Brexit hadn't happened was good. 

The 'change' comes now from feeling that questions are not being answered in the same way as they were in 2014, (doesn't mean I would vote No next year), and indeed the very different proposals as set out by Andrew Wilson which differ so much from the White Paper. But still think the Yes side needs to sharpen its arguments significantly.

Anyway...........yes Johnson looks a shoe in, and will that give the Tories a bounce in the polls....not so sure.

Nobody cares.