Inverness Caley Thistle 🔴⚫️ vs Patrick Thistle 🟡🔴

Despite having most of the play ICT only created a couple of clear cut chances. There were a couple of hairy moments in our box, but we managed to deal with them. Akinola was caught cold when he came on by Mackay, who had a pretty good game. We were a bit off the pace yesterday, but I thought a wee bit unfortunate to lose. 
I am sure ICT fans saw the game differently.

15 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

Despite having most of the play ICT only created a couple of clear cut chances. There were a couple of hairy moments in our box, but we managed to deal with them. Akinola was caught cold when he came on by Mackay, who had a pretty good game. We were a bit off the pace yesterday, but I thought a wee bit unfortunate to lose. 

Yes we did, we won, you lost.

1 hour ago, jagsfan57 said:

No, that about sums it up. Since we managed to get the goal I would say we deserved to win but our performance, in the second half anyway, was pretty poor so if it had turned out to be a draw we couldn’t have had any complaints. We are looking solid at the back now though and I never really so Partick winning that game after the sending off.

2 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

...or maybe if your players quit diving and feigning assault, which I suspect is part of your training regime

Hopefully we can carry on for another 22 years to see how you are feeling after that.

4 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

...or maybe if your players quit diving and feigning assault, which I suspect is part of your training regime

Like Raith Rovers players don't dive now and then unfortunately it's pretty much part of the game now. Even Maradona cheated at some point. Look at Rivaldo in 2002, Whinging about it like a girl won't change anything. 

19 hours ago, TONTROOPER said:

If it was "impossible to tell from where the referee was standing".... then I think we can all agree Mr McColl did not have a better view.

I think he'll regret what he said .

Judging by today's statement he's regretting his words. Think he just needed a cigarette to calm down. Looking at the replays he'll see for himself that he was harsh. 

26 minutes ago, Supercaleyman94 said:

Like Raith Rovers players don't dive now and then unfortunately it's pretty much part of the game now. Even Maradona cheated at some point. Look at Rivaldo in 2002, Whinging about it like a girl won't change anything. 

No, they just racially abuse players instead. It’s interesting it’s after that incident that all this weird obsessiveness started.

4 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Sportsound reading out a statement from McCall apologising for his comments last night.

I'd rather he doubled down on making a c**t of himself tbqh.

Think just a "heat of the moment" thing, a few of our players reacted angrily to the decisions (lawless booking, sarcastic clapping from docherty etc) so he may have been partially going off that with his interview. If hes seen the footage back he'll have realised they weren't scandalous mistakes, so it makes sense hes apologised. Think he gets on ok with dodds too so might be that.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

1 minute ago, Reid said:

You must be raging that he’s got us top of the league at the moment.

Believe me that top of the league is his biggest achievement in 20 odd years of management in the lower leagues.

When are teams in the lower leagues, where he has spent most of his management career, going to wake up to the fact that McCall goes nowhere.

He is typical of the problem in Scottish football where season in season out the same old tired managers get on to the management roundabout, as I mentioned on our own thread I was at a French League 2 Valenciennes v Nimes match last month and the standard of the game at that was way ahead of our Premier League. Scottish Football needs to have a serious look at our game and rid itself of the McInness's, Duffy's Mccall's etc and especially those managers who go to English football and fail in weeks and then find a job back in Scotland, that's where our game is falling down, we have the players, we don't have the right management.

Edited by SandyCromarty