Hibernian v Motherwell 08/10/22

• Lyle Lanley changed the title to Hibernian v Motherwell 08/10/22

Really enjoyed my last two visits to ER (Rangers and Aberdeen games). Can't wait for Saturday. Early days obviously, but the last few weeks have been hugely encouraging, and we're getting our injured players back gradually. Changed days from the second half of last season, which was truly terrible both results and performance-wise. 

Hoping for a big crowd on Saturday given our recent form and Sauzee's return. Will be a very tough game no doubt, but looking for three points. 

Looking forward to the game - normally we would be disadvantaged by having a midweek game up North when the Hibs players were sitting in their pants but I suspect that a 5-0 win coupled with the fact that the last 30 mins was played at training game pace with lots of players subbed off means that it's not a big deal (and could actually help)

I personally wouldn't touch much about the starting line-up from last night - possibly Shields could be replaced but with our shape, it would have to be McKinstry I guess.

Our record at Easter Rd is passable I think - so no reason that we can't go and get something if we are as clinical as we were last night.

A win for either side may put them in 3rd place (albeit its tighter than a knats chuff just now between 3rd and 7th) so its a big prize.

We have been dominating matches recently, attacking fast and having a shitload of shots without scoring a great deal.

Motherwell, on the other hand just had a match where they had 6 shots on target and scored 5 of them.

BTTS is a certainty.

3-1 Hibs, Cadden with all 4

Well, I think can veen will score the obligatory penalty that we seem to be getting this season.....

All jokes aside. Confidence must be high in the squad and I can see this been a very entertaining game. Maybe not the 6-6 game but the atmosphere will be great

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

A win for either side may put them in 3rd place (albeit its tighter than a knats chuff just now between 3rd and 7th) so its a big prize.

We have been dominating matches recently, attacking fast and having a shitload of shots without scoring a great deal.

Motherwell, on the other hand just had a match where they had 6 shots on target and scored 5 of them.

BTTS is a certainty.

3-1 Hibs, Cadden with all 4

Not sure your point here. 

Motherwell had 40 attempts+ at goal in the United and Hearts games. Missed penalty. Hit the woodwork several times. Missed absolute sitters, dominated both games (even the won we lost 3-0) and as a result scored 0 goals. 

Last night was probably a bit of payback for previous games. 

Hibs have won a few games and are at home. So will be favourites. But we have played good football since Hammy took over. I expect a high scoring game which will end in a draw or narrow win for either side. 

29 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

BTTS and draw is the thinking man's pick. 1-1 or 2-2, maybe even a gunslinging 3-3. Probably not a 4-4. Definitely not a 5-5. I could go on.

After my horrific accumulator last week (rangers the only correct result😬) I won't be touching that...........although another 6-6 would be delicious 

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Try re-reading my post, I thought it was pretty clear........and what it wasn't was a criticism of your team.

Not taking it as criticism. You were inferring you were shit in front of goal and we were clinical. Could not be further from the truth bar last night. 

Pay more attention before you post is my advice.

5 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Not taking it as criticism. You were inferring you were shit in front of goal and we were clinical. Could not be further from the truth bar last night. 

Pay more attention before you post is my advice.

Give Up Reaction GIF

47 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Was hoping to head through on the train to make a bit of a day of it but the trains are off so might drive through anyway. I always find games between the teams to be pretty open and both teams currently look attack-minded so hoping for an entertaining game.

With everyone heading through to witness a goalfest, get yer money on a 0-0 draw! 😆

10 hours ago, CoF said:

That first photo looks like it’s been recoloured from 1967. 

"Wilf Addlington, a wiry inside forward signed from Preston in 1951 for twenty thousand pounds and a 8 shilling signing on fee"

I was living in Leith when Sauzee was first at Hibs and I went along to a few first division games at Easter Rd with mates when 'well had a free weekend or midweek and he was a brilliant player at that level obviously but oddly I've got zero memory of him playing against us in the Premier although I'm sure he did.

I think I'll boo him for no reason on Saturday.

Did Sauzee not get punted as manager after the 4-0 defeat at Fir Park when David Ferrere turned into Thierry Henry for half an hour?

Tough game this, but confidence will be sky high after Tuesday night.  Would be more than happy with a point here.  4 points and a +4 goal difference from Celtic (a), Ross County (a) & Hibs (a) would be a decent return.

I'll go for an entertaining Desmond.  Spittal & van Veen with our goals.