Queens Park v Arbroath

Personally, I find these unenforced Friday evening games a pain and an inconvenience.  It rules out any real concept of an ‘away day’, diminishes the appreciation of the place and ground (I quite like Ochilview) and maybe slightly disadvantages part time teams.  I think this is maybe Arbroath’s only away game in October (partly a consequence of poor fixture SFL organisation which surely could have scheduled this on a weekend when Stenny were not at home.  

Legitimate grievances aside, I’ll be there and  I’m hoping Arbroath have at least a couple more of the key missing players back and build on the more positive organisation and spirit shown last weekend.  Queens were a good notch more efficient than us in the earlier fixture. We could really do with picking some points up goes without saying.

41 minutes ago, farflung lichtie said:

Personally, I find these unenforced Friday evening games a pain and an inconvenience.  It rules out any real concept of an ‘away day’, diminishes the appreciation of the place and ground (I quite like Ochilview) and maybe slightly disadvantages part time teams.  I think this is maybe Arbroath’s only away game in October (partly a consequence of poor fixture SFL organisation which surely could have scheduled this on a weekend when Stenny were not at home.  

Legitimate grievances aside, I’ll be there and  I’m hoping Arbroath have at least a couple more of the key missing players back and build on the more positive organisation and spirit shown last weekend.  Queens were a good notch more efficient than us in the earlier fixture. We could really do with picking some points up goes without saying.

Thanks for the get-out-of-jail card there but this is entirely on QPFC and our clueless\dishonest (delete as appropriate) Committee. Back at the end of February in a private meeting the CEO confirmed Lesser would definitely be available, at least in part, complete with some level of hospitality for the start of the season. Missed it by a mile and still can’t categorically say when. It’s been almost 3 years since planning permission was granted.

So the fixture list was done when our lot managed to seek room at the Stenny inn. Not Stenny’s fault, not Sygenta’s fault, not the SFL/SPFL/SFA’s fault. And definitely not QP or visiting fans fault. Genuinely sorry for your troubles. Although equally disappointed to see your leaders shifting the Christmas Eve fixture to a Friday night too. I’d be interested to know which one of the clubs initiated that discussion?

3 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Thanks for the get-out-of-jail card there but this is entirely on QPFC and our clueless\dishonest (delete as appropriate) Committee. Back at the end of February in a private meeting the CEO confirmed Lesser would definitely be available, at least in part, complete with some level of hospitality for the start of the season. Missed it by a mile and still can’t categorically say when. It’s been almost 3 years since planning permission was granted.

So the fixture list was done when our lot managed to seek room at the Stenny inn. Not Stenny’s fault, not Sygenta’s fault, not the SFL/SPFL/SFA’s fault. And definitely not QP or visiting fans fault. Genuinely sorry for your troubles. Although equally disappointed to see your leaders shifting the Christmas Eve fixture to a Friday night too. I’d be interested to know which one of the clubs initiated that discussion?

I think both clubs and especially both sets of players would’ve wanted that game moved so they can enjoy Christmas Eve and Christmas more with their friends and families. Playing on Christmas Eve and not getting home till 8/9/10pm at night is not great especially when a lot of these guys will have young kids.

56 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I think both clubs and especially both sets of players would’ve wanted that game moved so they can enjoy Christmas Eve and Christmas more with their friends and families. Playing on Christmas Eve and not getting home till 8/9/10pm at night is not great especially when a lot of these guys will have young kids.

I was hoping all our wrapping would be done by the time I stumbled home on Christmas Eve. Now I've got a full day of that to look forward to. 

It’s baffling and disappointing that QP aren’t using Lesser Hampden. Past visits there to use the supporters bar appeared to show it as a good venue. I can’t believe that it is less adequate than the likes of Edinburgh City where we played in the cup. Maybe different rules apply for the Championship.

1 minute ago, timlichtie said:

It’s baffling and disappointing that QP aren’t using Lesser Hampden. Past visits there to use the supporters bar appeared to show it as a good venue. I can’t believe that it is less adequate than the likes of Edinburgh City where we played in the cup. Maybe different rules apply for the Championship.

It’s not baffling it’s currently a construction site?

Free hard hat upon admission?

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Back at the end of February in a private meeting the CEO confirmed Lesser would definitely be available, at least in part, complete with some level of hospitality for the start of the season. Missed it by a mile and still can’t categorically say when. It’s been almost 3 years since planning permission was granted.

Hold on, is this true? It's very easy to lose track of all of the bullshit promises given how much of an utter fucking shambles Dempster's made of overseeing the build, but that's a resignation issue.

9 minutes ago, Skeletar Spider said:

Hold on, is this true? It's very easy to lose track of all of the bullshit promises given how much of an utter fucking shambles Dempster's made of overseeing the build, but that's a resignation issue.

None of these questions will be asked in the forthcoming BBC Scotland puff piece at half time against Cove.

“Challenges. Ambition. Community.”

”Great stuff from Leeann, there. What a job she’s done getting Queen’s Park up the leagues!”

Feeling quite apprehensive about tonight. Will we see QP go into a dramatic slide down the table or will Coyle galvanise his troops? Expecting a tough battle with Arbroath probbably seeing this game as a perfect opportunity to get off bottom of the table.

Seen a few calls for drastic changes to the team, I don't really see that happening. One change I would like to see his the introduction of Bannon - maybe he can guide that big donkey Eze through the game. I actually think Kilday is less of a bombscare but I don't see Coyle dropping Eze to be honest. Assuming the Naismith idea will get binned for the foreseeable. 

In the middle of the park I imagine he'll see stick with Thomson and Boateng, Thomas and Savoury either side with Murray and Williamson up top

1 hour ago, Skeletar Spider said:

Can't remember exactly when it was but I was at a meeting (the one with Beuker and Coyle in attendance) where I'm sure she said it definitely wouldn't be ready in time for the League Cup games and that we might have to play the first few opening league games elsewhere. It was all a bit vague but like you I've kind of lost track.

Let's also remember the initial plans were scrapped and we had to pay off the previous contractor. That was apparently Dempster's decision when she started to oversee the construction project. So I totally blame the committee for much of this delay. I think we can all agree the original design they went for wasn't great (not that the current one is that much better imo) Even if we hadn't turned pro and subsequently not got investment from Haughey, we'd still have to build a new ground. And with even less money. But we'd be nowhere near the Championship so we'd probably have enough in the bank from the Hampden sale to build one with an adequate capacity for League 2 (or Lowland more like) 

Selfishly was hoping we could get the game at LH as it's a half hour walk from my flat, but do like Ochilview and the unreal pie hut. Feeling optimistic about this one but as ever unsure who'll be scoring the goals. Mon the fuckin Lichties. 

1 hour ago, Mick1867 said:

Can't remember exactly when it was but I was at a meeting (the one with Beuker and Coyle in attendance) where I'm sure she said it definitely wouldn't be ready in time for the League Cup games and that we might have to play the first few opening league games elsewhere. It was all a bit vague but like you I've kind of lost track.

I’m sure others will confirm that she intimated that it’d be very tight, but possible, to get in for the start of the season, when we were celebrating promotion at the Burnside Hotel. Can place an alcohol clause on that one, but I dare say two or three folk didn’t misremember the same thing.

Edited by an86

3 hours ago, Skeletar Spider said:

It was the meeting at the hotel near the bowling club, 30th March. She was suitably vague as always on detail, such as which stand would be open, but she definitely said it (Lesser) would be open for “the new season”, again vague on whether the League Cup or league, and that “some hospitality would be available”, again vague on detail but I took it to mean at very least the members lounge as there had been some banter just before about what beers would be available. So at very least, the East stand and Members lounge.

She also reinforced the commitment by telling the meeting that the next again day was when the cut-off for notifying the SPFL of which stadium we would be using for home fixtures in 22-23 season. Yes, I know it was 1st April but I double-checked later online. The two together i.e. stadium open and confirm to SPFL came in quick succession. There is a caveat clause in the SPFL rules that kind of let’s clubs get out of any sticky messy. Presumably that’s how we ended up in Stenhousemuir, fine venue as it is.

I remain incredulous that with 3 months before the LC started she could stand in front of the Members and deliver such bollocks. Hence my earlier comment; either completely useless and out of touch or just plain lies. And clearly the Friday night fixture nonsense suggests she’s not the only one. They continue to use Coyle and his “wonderful fans” story as a front while treating the fans with utter contempt.