Queens Park v Arbroath

Nah.  O'Brien actually jumped into Williamson; pretty clear in the highlights. He then had the cheek to join Ricky Little in having a got at him. Outside the box but a definite foul.
A draw was fair although two outstanding saves from Gaston could have made that different.
Unfortunate mistake from Bannon but that's four fewer defensive blunders than last week. We're getting better.
How did that big sub stay on the park? 
Outside the box? Yes. Grabbed him to stop him getting the ball? Yes. Red card? Yes. ef1e3bd5c6fd23696d132efb12245eea.jpg

4 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

Put simply, he's not very good. He's played a variety of positions and not impressed in any of them. He can't hold the ball up, he's not that quick and he's definitely not a goalscorer. Miles off the level required.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.  I don't think he's looked poor in any position except up front.  Do I think he's been outstanding?  No.  But "miles off the level required"?  Nah. I imagine we'll be keeping him till at least the end of the season. 

8 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.  I don't think he's looked poor in any position except up front.  Do I think he's been outstanding?  No.  But "miles off the level required"?  Nah. I imagine we'll be keeping him till at least the end of the season. 

Fosu, along with some of our other summer signings, would get nowhere near any other championship side. 

13 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Not entirely sure how it’s relevant how many players there are out there who don’t want to play full time. The point is that O’Brien is probably good enough to go and play for a lower Premiership side. But he can’t be fucked going full time so will stick with Arbroath. The club are lucky that part time football suits him better than full time football. It’s not hard to understand. The club aren’t doing anything amazing to be able to get Tam O’Brien. It’s all down to the player.

Don’t think it’s that he can’t be fucked, led to believe hes a welding inspector plus his salary with us makes it probably only the top half of premier who could afford him (which he isn’t good enough for) he’s not exactly 21 so not worth the risk.

I wouldn’t say we were doing anything “amazing” but Tam is with us because for the last few years we have been the best part Time Club in the country both on and off the pitch which a lot of hard work, time and effort has gone into.

9 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Do you watch the games in person or via a steam ?

On 13/10/2022 at 19:32, keptie said:

Think you are being a bit lenient letting him off with the small "m" in Mr we know he can do better it's just a lack of concentration.

Schools back next week so hopefully he's paying full attention and cuts out the silly errors.

How cute your friend stepping in to help you, it brings a tear to my eye 

Can't believe folk are actually blaming Eze for the Arbroath equaliser 😂 there's no denying that he has had an up & down start to his time at QP (and that is being very polite) but what on earth was he meant to do on Friday?

Let's get the screenshots out.

Screenshot_2022-10-16-12-00-55-397_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.9e2a6745d856307f6c2ad32e7d0a4b5c.jpg

Bannon goes after the ball down the line, and Hilson comes charging across to meet him. Eze tries to get his body in the way to allow the option to play the ball back to Ferrie. Those claiming Eze is "out of position" would be utterly livid if he left Bannon unaided in that situation. Bannon has enough time to either play back to Ferrie (see above) or put it out for a throw-in.

Screenshot_2022-10-16-12-01-57-455_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.c568c8aa95ce73c4219dbd928cfd83f3.jpg

Instead, as Eze tries to keep blocking Hilson and with the pass back to Ferrie no longer on, Bannon drills the ball inside to/at Eze from about three yards away. If it didn't bounce off Eze, it's going straight to Bobby Linn anyway in an acre of space, it's a terrible pass. It's a costly lapse in judgment from a young player who still overall played well, and all season has done well when called upon, but it was a bad mistake and he hopefully won't do it again. 

The performance on Friday was a big improvement to the last two games but we still didn't get the win. A very tough run of games coming up now, big test for the team. Jarrett was excellent in his first start in forever but Mal Boateng stole the show in midfield. An absolutely superb player, if there's any possibility of keeping him we should be all over it. 

Edited by Dave

1 hour ago, Dave said:

Can't believe folk are actually blaming Eze for the Arbroath equaliser 😂 there's no denying that the he has had an up & down start to his time at QP (and that is being very polite) but what on earth was he meant to do on Friday?

You don’t really read posts do you? I’ll keep it simple. Bannon had possession. It’s a 2v2. Eze should have moved away from the ball to create space for Bannon to pass to him or the goalie (creating 3v2) or play safe. In doing that, he should also have noticed that the only other player nearby, no. 11, needed attention and should have had the awareness to know about the space behind him.

Instead, he ran towards Bannon, closed down the space, limited Bannon’s options, left no. 11 with a free run at goal. He’s an international player and shouldn’t be making mistakes like that. Bannon has plenty of time to improve but I struggle to understand how such an experienced player like Eze can repeatedly make schoolboy errors.

It’s not the first time he’s turned a 2v2 into a 2v1 and cost us a goal. Coyle needs to get the blinkers off.

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

You don’t really read posts do you?

I do, and I read some believing that Eze was at fault for the goal, which I disagree with. I posted my reasoning, which you seem to have either failed to read yourself or just blatantly ignore as you don't like it. Which is fine, but I now have to defend myself this time. I'll try and keep it simple.

Bannon had possession. It’s a 2v2. Eze should have moved away from the ball to create space for Bannon to pass to him or the goalie (creating 3v2) or play safe.

You don't really read posts, do you? I believe that Eze was trying to block off the run of Hilson who was coming across the park to Bannon, while Linn was putting less pressure on from behind. Do you think if Eze stayed away, as you wanted him to do, Hilson would have just gone "Oh, I better stop running towards the ball and wait here with the centre back"? I don't think he would. In my opinion Eze did everything he could to help his teammate out, please refer to the screenshots and my reasoning in my previous post. I thought I had kept that simple enough, but clearly not.

In doing that, he should also have noticed that the only other player nearby, no. 11, needed attention and should have had the awareness to know about the space behind him.

So were there two Arbroath attackers in the area, making it a 2v2, or was there only one Arbroath player, making it a 2v1? To me it looked like there were two, which you previously agreed. Please keep your reply simple.

Instead, he ran towards Bannon, closed down the space, limited Bannon’s options, left no. 11 with a free run at goal. 

He ran towards Bannon because he was trying to block off the striker coming towards him. He was trying to help his teammate out. Bannon had enough options to not drill a pass inside in a dangerous position. You even agree with the options I mentioned in my post: 

create space for Bannon to pass to him or the goalie (creating 3v2) or play safe.

so we at least agree here, that's nice and simple.

He’s an international player and shouldn’t be making mistakes like that. Bannon has plenty of time to improve but I struggle to understand how such an experienced player like Eze can repeatedly make schoolboy errors.

Every player makes mistakes, and at the back we have had plenty of them this season, including from Eze who I said in my post has been no saint so far, but it is my opinion that Bannon was at fault for this one. I think if you even watch the highlights to the point where the ball hits the net, and you can see from the player reactions who is at fault. Bannon puts his arms up in the air in frustration, Eze stops and stares at him, and even Ferrie gives him a glare. Seems simple enough to me.

Coyle needs to get the blinkers off.

To put it simply, I don't think he's the only one. 

Edited by Dave

On 15/10/2022 at 16:45, Dooflick said:

OC is still caring those three monkeys on his back, as I have said before, the big centre back, the Celtic player and the Rangers player none of them are good enough for this level and he is frightened to upset Celtic and Rangers by not playing them, and he has built up the big number 66, so much, he cannot lose face by not playing him. While Bannon is carrying the can for their goal, as BYOS has rightly commented on, it was nunber 66 who was out of position that caused their goal and Bannon's mistake.

Gaston is one of the best goalkeepers in Scotland and the reason he is not playing in the Premier League, is that he has a very good job and does not want to go fulltime. Lucky Arbroath.

Surely it's quicker to type Kenny, McPake and Eze than it is to type 'the Celtic player', 'the Rangers player' and 'the big number 66'? Or do you not have the rights to use the players' real names?

The only tactical switch I’ve ever disagreed with from Coyle so far is not sticking with Williamson and Murray up top. Even if Williamson doesn’t score, he makes the players around him (Savoury and Murray especially) play so much more fluid and threatening. The guy has made an incredible step up from Cambuslang and looks more than competent at championship level. He plays ahead of Kenny every time for me until Kenny shows something notable at all

1 hour ago, Skeletar Spider said:

Surely it's quicker to type Kenny, McPake and Eze than it is to type 'the Celtic player', 'the Rangers player' and 'the big number 66'? Or do you not have the rights to use the players' real names?

Pro Evo type deal, I believe. Has to call us the Mount Florida Webspinners.