First Quarter Review

Everyone in the division has now played at least 9 games so a good time as any to reflect on what's happened so far!

How do you rate your team's start out of 10?

How safe is your manager's job?

Best performance?

Worst performance?

Best player?

Which opposition side/player has impressed you?

Where will your team finish?

How do you rate your team's start out of 10? - A 9, we've been a joy to watch this season and for the first time in years we've managed to go on a run of wins. 

How safe is your manager's job? - Extra safe.

Best performance? - 4-0 Peterhead at the weekend, it really could have been 6/7.

Worst performance? - The 2-0 Kelty loss

Best player? - Stephen McGinn, best player in the league.

Which opposition side/player has impressed you? - Chris Mochrie caused us some problems and I thought Murray Johnston & Adam Frizzell for Airdrie were very impressive too. The only team we've still to play are Alloa so I look forward to seeing what they have to offer.

Where will your team finish? - Champions.

Edited by FFC 1876

I'd say pretty safe considering he's a player manager and players pretty much 90 minutes of every game. If results continue the way they are, it may change.

Best performance?

4-0 vs Falkirk.

Worst performance?

Everyone would expect me to say the FC Edinburgh game, but I'd say 1-0 vs Kelty

Best player?
Adam Frizzell, hands down.

FC Edinburgh, for how clinical they were against us, and the fact no one expected them to be any where near top of the league.
Kieran McKechnie (QOS) or John Robertson (FC Edinburgh)

3rd

How do you rate your teams start out of 10?

3/10

How safe is your manager’s job?

Safe because he is also our best player, I think he’ll get the whole season in charge.

Best performance?

FC Edinburgh at home

Worst performance?

Dunfermline at home as a 90 minutes, but worst 45 mins was Airdrie at Palmerston

Best player?

Ian Wilson and Euan East - would be our manager if he picked himself every week.

Airdrie for the way they try to play football. I think they have the best starting 11 in the league when everyone is fit but are miles off it in terms of squad depth. Gallagher of Airdrie seems a good finisher at this level. Benedictus of Dunfermline also must surely be the best centre half in the league.

3rd or 4th, still a long way to go.

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Everyone in the division has now played at least 9 games so a good time as any to reflect on what's happened so far!

Safest in Scotland

Best performance?

4-1 v QOS on opening day

Worst performance?

2-0 v Falkirk - hopeless all day

Best player? Ray Grant 

Sub that came on v Alloa (can’t remember his name)

9th only because Peterhead hoping will stay worse than us all season but depends on how bad we end up

Start 

8/10- We'd solid as f**k at the back but lacking in real attacking flair,  Being unbeaten at this stage is not to be sniffed at but the number of draws is a frustration, a bit more quality in the final third needed.

Managers Job

8/10,  I think this is directly related to the above point,  he's fresh in this season so doesn't have any credit/frustration carrying over from previous years. 

Best performance

Tough to say,  I'd probably take the queens game,  but could also be alloa or FC edinburgh,  all away from home. 

Worst performance

I think every other pars fan would probably give this to peterhead at home, but I wasn't there to judge and therefore will give it to kelty away.

Best player,  Hard to say,  we're very much a team side but I think benidictus gets alot of credit for that,  he's a brilliant organiser and someone I always feel relived to see named on the team sheet.  

Opposition/player

Airdrie and falkirk have been the best sides we've played with frizell and burell being the stand outs.  Johnston at edinburgh looked threatening but was hooked before HT in a game we dominated.

Finishing position

I really want to say 1st. We will likely need to put together a run of wins at some point which we haven't done so far and do need a couple of key players to miss very few games.   

If that doesn't happen I can't see us outside the top 4. 

6 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Best performance?

Worst performance?

Best player?

3/10

Who knows, I want to give him time but the same mistakes keep being made and if he is too stubborn to learn from them I can’t see him making it to January. 

The 4-1 win against FC Edinburgh the only result so far worth mentioning really, we got Peterhead away at a good time so not sure that was as good a win as it looked at the time. 

The first half performances against Falkirk away,  Airdrie and Dunfermline at home should take some beating but the 1-4 Clyde defeat at home was probably the worst 90 minute performance. Tonight was bad too but shipping four goals on the opening day is pretty depressing and has set the tone for the season. 

This is a tough one as Wilson would have been a certainty before the last two games. Was poor first half on Saturday before a slight improvement second half and then a very poor 80 odd minutes tonight. Todd just shades it although he was absolute dug meat tonight. 

Too many teams have had it far too easy against us to tell if they were good or if that was down to us being awful. Thought Falkirk were the best passing team we have played but Airdrie at Palmerston through Frizzell ripped us apart first half then thankfully tired. Best team Falkirk, best player Frizzell. 

Adding in the worst player I have seen, the FC Edinburgh centre back Bryden. Had an absolute horror show and looked like they had asked a fan to play for the day and had to wear his boots on the wrong feet 5 sizes too big. Felt sorry for him a bit in the end as he was just all over the place. 

Anywhere between 4th-8th, so i will go middle of the road 6th. 

Would give us a 5/10 as decent at home to be fair but not happening away 

Potters probably gonna get the season at least so pretty safe 

best performance was probably against Falkirk pretty easy game to be fair 

worst would be Clyde away as should’ve been a couple up but gubbed in the end 

for me best player so far would be Forster 

Robertson for Edinburgh , liked him last season as well but upped his game ten fold imo 

think 6/7 th is doable but would settle for 8th at the moment 

How do you rate your team's start out of 10? 7

How safe is your manager's job? Fairly safe given he signed a year extension as well

Best performance? 5-0 win at home to Peterhead

Worst performance? The 1-1 draw at QotS. Wasn't at the game but we were apparently horrid.

Best player? George Stanger for me, don't remember him doing much wrong so far. Been impressed with Rodden overall too after making the step up from junior football

Which opposition side/player has impressed you? FC Edinburgh

Where will your team finish? 5/6

How do you rate your team's start out of 10? After some brief flickers of 'this might actually work'-ism after the first couple of games, things have reverted to garbage, 3/10 type.

How safe is your manager's job? Unfortunately, probably extremely safe. He should be away, but other factors are dictating his stay.

Best performance? vs. QotS in the first game of the season.

Worst performance? VERY hard to pick one.

Best player? Again, really hard to choose but I'd probably go with Neil Parry because the dropoff since he's been pulled out of the side has been noticeable. 

Which opposition side/player has impressed you? I thought Edinburgh looked fantastic. Basically what we should be doing. A well balanced and organised squad where everyone was fully aware of the work they had to do.

Where will your team finish? 9th

2/10

probably safe until the end of his contract regardless of results

Best performance?

4-1 v FC Edinburgh 

Worst performance?

Where do you start?! Home pumping by Clyde set the tone for the season

Best player?

Wilson probably although it isn’t a high benchmark 

Clyde looked excellent in the league opener so I’m surprised by how they’ve got on since

Where will your team finish?

we’ll probably shitfest our way to 7th or 8th 

20 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

100% safe

Best performance?

Quite a few to choose from but I will go for the diddy cup win against Partick Thistle, should have scored at least six.

Worst performance?

Kelty

Best player?

McGinn

Dunfermline second half performance against us was decent and Mochrie was lively.

1st

An 8. Cant score it higher than that, lots of really good stuff but Kelty and Airdrie were horrendous. Point off fir each.

In no doubt whatsoever.
Best performance?

Hmmmm.... I actually think it might be Dunfermline away despite not winning. There are a few contenders though, but sticking only with ones I seen in person, it's Dunfermline away with QOS at home a close second.
Worst performance?

Kelty away. The second half at Airdrie was disgusting but Kelty away was 90 minutes of pure shite from us.
Best player?

Stephen McGinn is an absolute baller. Honourable mentions to a good few others though, Coll Donaldson in particular.

I have to give credit to both Airdrie and Kelty. Despite being fuming at the way we turned up in those games, Airdrie utterly smoked us in the second half and Kelty were good value for beating us regardless of the dumb shit McGlynn did that day.

Neither were as good as Dunfermline were in their second half performance against us though. As far as being impressed by a team other than my own, il give it to them. And as others have said, it was all once Mochrie found his way into the game.

f**k.... Think I have to back us and say top. My gut says second though.

How do you rate your team's start out of 10?  If I was asked this after the Clyde game I’d have truly said 10/10 even including the 6-0 hammering. The last 3 league games have been a huge worry and it doesn’t look likely to change with how light the squad is. So overall a 7/10 but that will likely drop as weeks go on. 

How safe is your manager's job? Surely has to be safe. Player manager (a good player at that) in an already light squad. Plays and tries to play good football. Wouldn’t place the blame for the lack of recruitment on him either. Yes there is issues with things like overplaying at the back under pressure but I think he deserves his chance this season at least. 

Best performance? I wasn’t at the Falkirk game but for me I honestly thought we played superb against Dunfermline barring the last 5 minutes. Worthy league favourites in my opinion and they will be a hard team to beat especially at home. Falkirk fans will no doubt moan but that truly felt like the biggest game we have had in a long time and I walked away so positive about our team. 

Worst performance? Wouldn’t include the Edinburgh doing in this as we clearly went with suicidal tactics in the second half and left ourselves ridiculously open. We have had poor spells in games but as a 90 minute game the Kelty game was as poor as you’ll see us and I don’t remember a single good chance we created or their keeper having to make a save. 

Best player? Adam Frizzell easy decision for me but I want to mention Gallagher as he is a consistent goal scorer for us and one of the most consistent in the league yet gets a hard time from a section of our support. Has to start for me if available. 

Which opposition side/player has impressed you? The boy McKechnie for me was a game changer when he came on for QoS and Austin for Kelty caused us all sorts of problems. 1 probably way left field but someone I’ve always been impressed with is Craig Johnston from Montrose.

Where will your team finish? Sadly 5th and outside of the playoffs. 

On 11/10/2022 at 17:41, Cardle is Magic said:

The experiment will be supported at board level, but some fans will react badly to defeats

Best performance?

Beating Falkirk.

Worst performance?

Despite FC Edinburgh it was the performance at Kelty.

Best player? Adam Frizzel

John Robertson at FC Edinburgh.

Where will your team finish? 4th top 

8/10

Enough brownie points to see him into the new year regardless of results.

Best performance?

Missed a lot of games so far, Second half against Falkirk. Missed games at Edinburgh and Alloa.

Worst performance?

Wasn't at the game with Peterhead. Kelty away is the worst I've seen so far.

Best player?

Easy. Kyle Benedictus.

Scougall at Alloa on the fist day of the season looked good.

Looking like a ding dong battle with Falkirk is gathering pace.  Stiil a few dangerous teams like Montrose and Airdrie and who knows how far Edinburgh could go.  Think we will be top 3 but not sure where.

How do you rate your team's start out of 10? I missed the first two games of the season and the away defeat at Kelty. Some might say something of a lucky charm... 9/10 for me 

How safe is your manager's job? As houses 

Best performance? Away to Dunfermline, first half and last 10 minutes anyway

Worst performance? Probably at home to Clyde. Sounds harsh but we went 2-0 up early on and then took our foot off the gas. They were rancid and we could and should have given them a real doing 

Best player? Stephen McGinn, the term rolls royce gets branded a lot around Scottish Football these days but it's well deserved here 

Which opposition side/player has impressed you? Team - Dunfermline. They've been the only side not to get steamrollered by the NBJ since McGlynn worked out his best team and formation. Player - Mochrie, like McGinn, way too good for this level

Where will your team finish? Champions baby 8)

On 11/10/2022 at 17:41, Cardle is Magic said:

How do you rate your team's start out of 10? 5/10 for Kelty with a recent upwards curve.

How safe is your manager's job? Shooglie.....

Best performance? Falkirk win was great.

Worst performance? Clyde away was woeful.

Best player? O'Ware or Agyeman

Which opposition side/player has impressed you? Liked the look of Stephen Hendrie at Queens on Tuesday night.

Where will your team finish? 6th after a lift in form.

How do you rate your team's start out of 10?

3 out of 10. With the confidence the manager was showing in his squad and a good League cup group. 

Safe for the time being but I think our board may have learned a lesson for giving AJ too long.  A couple more poor results especially against Peterhead may change that

Best performance?

FC Edinburgh at home we created so many chances and did not give them a sniff. The problem I have is after This game and the Alloa game when we played so well the manager decided to change everything. I understand trying to shoe Connelly in but the other changes no idea why especially when we dominated the ball which we have not done since.

Worst performance?

For me as I was there was the 1st game against Clyde. The whole team thought after they scored it would be how many. Really poor attitude.

Best player?

Paton has played well but his finishing is really poor if he had a better finish he would be on double figures. Too many players just not doing enough we need someone to inspire the team. Our captain has to step up.

For me McGinn at Falkirk showed all his experience against us. Made it look easy

Hopefully 4th but I honestly think the next 3 games will dictate if WG will be the manager to lead us forward 

How do you rate your team's start out of 10? 7/10. Extremely poor draws to canon fodder has dropped it from 8/10 to 7/10 for me. Could be a lot worse. Just look at QoS.
How safe is your manager's job? Very
Best performance? 3-0 away to Edinburgh. They had a man sent off and couldn’t handle our pressing, but I haven’t been to any other game we won except Alloa first game of the season, which was dire
Worst performance? Peterhead at home. Disgraceful capitulation.
Best player? Benedictus has certainly been the most consistent. A much needed addition. Type of player we haven’t had for quite a few seasons. You can tell Mochrie is a step above though. Cracker of a player.
Which opposition side/player has impressed you? Scougall, but I expected that. Had never heard of the Falkirk striker Burrell before our game against them - he ripped us apart the first half, but then did absolutely nothing the second half. Would have to go with Scougall.
Where will your team finish? 1st or 2nd. Can’t really see us finishing any lower than that tbh. I expected us to be sitting probably where Kelty are right now, so I’m pleasantly surprised where we are and how results have went. Stupid draws have cost us absolutely ripping the league apart however.