Ross County FC v Dundee United FC Saturday 15 October 3pm

Up on Skye this weekend so might make this one. With a bit of luck the Livi game has given the boys a bounce and they can at least try and be more assertive in this game.

Didn't see so much as the highlights of the Dundee United V Hibs game, so might have interpretated it wrongly but appeared that Hibs missed plenty of chances in that game. Hopefully we can create a bit more than we did last week ourselves and take 1 or 2 of them.

Edited by central staggie

8 minutes ago, central staggie said:

Up on Skye this weekend so might make this one. With a bit of luck the Livi game has given the boys a bounce and they can at least try and be more assertive in this game.

Didn't see so much as the highlights of the Dundee United V Hibs game, so might have interpreted it wrongly but appeared that Hibs missed plenty of chances in that game. Hopefully we can create a bit more than we did last week ourselves and take 1 or 2 of them.

They missed a few and United missed a few. It was a pretty even game.

Despite the win last week, it was very much a watch through the hands performance as we snuck away from West Lothian with 3 points. The swashbuckling Staggies look to get 2 wins on the spin for the first time this season, but it comes against our perennial bogey team in the shape of United who seem to have hit a great patch of form.

I feel as if our defence is our strongest asset at the minute, so don’t see that back 4 changing in terms of shape. It seems to be two sides with very similar styles, so it’ll be interesting to see which team takes the initiative and gets on the ball immediately. When County have the brunt of the possession, we struggle badly to break teams down - Dunfermline and Buckie perfect examples. I think the game will be won in the middle of the park; United seem pretty lightweight there but so are we so it’s imperative we take a hold of the middle third. Hence, I can see us setting up to break on United, so this is the sort of team I reckon we’ll see:

Laidlaw

Johnson-Baldwin-Iacovitti-Purrington

Tillson-Cancola

Edwards-Callachan-Hiwula

White

I think Johnson should start in place of Watson purely to deal with Middleton’s pace, plus he’s more of an asset than Watson on the break. The two of Tillson and Cancola gives us probably our best mix of athleticism and power combined, as well as Cancola’s ability to spray passes from deep. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve not been Callachan’s biggest fan but I can see his dynamism suiting us if we’re to cheat and leave 3 up. Hiwula did brilliantly last week when he came on and deserves a start too. I think the game will be tight, don’t see many goals in it at all. I think whoever wins it will sneak it, and I think we’re due a win against United so I’m going to plump for a 1-0 win for the good guys.

9 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Despite the win last week, it was very much a watch through the hands performance as we snuck away from West Lothian with 3 points. The swashbuckling Staggies look to get 2 wins on the spin for the first time this season, but it comes against our perennial bogey team in the shape of United who seem to have hit a great patch of form.

I feel as if our defence is our strongest asset at the minute, so don’t see that back 4 changing in terms of shape. It seems to be two sides with very similar styles, so it’ll be interesting to see which team takes the initiative and gets on the ball immediately. When County have the brunt of the possession, we struggle badly to break teams down - Dunfermline and Buckie perfect examples. I think the game will be won in the middle of the park; United seem pretty lightweight there but so are we so it’s imperative we take a hold of the middle third. Hence, I can see us setting up to break on United, so this is the sort of team I reckon we’ll see:

Laidlaw

Johnson-Baldwin-Iacovitti-Purrington

Tillson-Cancola

Edwards-Callachan-Hiwula

White

I think Johnson should start in place of Watson purely to deal with Middleton’s pace, plus he’s more of an asset than Watson on the break. The two of Tillson and Cancola gives us probably our best mix of athleticism and power combined, as well as Cancola’s ability to spray passes from deep. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve not been Callachan’s biggest fan but I can see his dynamism suiting us if we’re to cheat and leave 3 up. Hiwula did brilliantly last week when he came on and deserves a start too. I think the game will be tight, don’t see many goals in it at all. I think whoever wins it will sneak it, and I think we’re due a win against United so I’m going to plump for a 1-0 win for the good guys.

Our so called lightweight midfield just boosted by addition of Arnaud Djoum.

2 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Good signing, he is the anchor type midfielder United have been crying out for. However, surely won’t start today though. Unless he’s been training with the team for a while.

Although one report that I read said that United had "swooped" to sign him, he had been training at Tannadice for a couple of days before Aberdeen played United last Saturday. 

If we managed to nick a win here, to potentially be up to 9th in the league would be some turnaround for us over the last 3 games.

We still looked extremely ropey at the back against Hibs but definitely carried a threat going forward. More pressure on the opposition players, unlike the other night, would hopefully avert the numerous heart attacks brought on every time the ball was played towards our box.

Tony Watt to invoke the spirit of Nicky Clark to win it with a late double.

No really sure what the united player was doing trying to let that one run out, was a seriously dangerous thing to attempt with a ball moving that slowly.

Excellent finish from Callachan, what we have wanted him to do since he joined.