Motherwell vs Rangers

17 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

hoofing 2 balls over the stand to waste time. 

I think you are giving Barisic too much credit here, seemed to me like he just absolutely shanked his clearances that were probably intended to get fired down the line.

His beef with that wee corner was amusing though. From our stand you could see the abuse he was getting, so to see the Motherwell bois frothing at the mouth when he gave them a bit back after he crossed in for the second goal was amusing.

56 minutes ago, AJF said:

I think you are giving Barisic too much credit here, seemed to me like he just absolutely shanked his clearances that were probably intended to get fired down the line.

His beef with that wee corner was amusing though. From our stand you could see the abuse he was getting, so to see the Motherwell bois frothing at the mouth when he gave them a bit back after he crossed in for the second goal was amusing.

Barasic spent the remainder of the game raging - he lost his composure - which given that he's played at Fir Park plenty of times and would know what to expect, was pretty weird for a player of his experience.

11 minutes ago, Swello said:

Barasic spent the remainder of the game raging - he lost his composure - which given that he's played at Fir Park plenty of times and would know what to expect, was pretty weird for a player of his experience.

Yeah, you'd rather he didn't get involved in it, but I imagine it must be difficult to keep your cool at times when you are being pelted with abuse and objects.

18 minutes ago, Richie said:

Reminds me of the time Kirk Broadfoot took the bait hook, line and sinker from the East Stand.
Made quite the tit of himself.
Best way to handle it is to accept it, or play along/have a laugh with it.

Nothing will ever beat Andy McLaren. 

I’m sure it’s been said elsewhere in the thread but why one of the 5 players we had in close proximity didn’t even attempt to take the ball as the Rangers player ran from his own half is absolutely laughable. I’m willing to bet there isn’t another team in the league would’ve allowed that to happen. Utterly insipid powder puff shite. 

Coming up on 20 years since we last beat Rangers old or new in the league and it could be another 20.

2 hours ago, AJF said:

Yeah, you'd rather he didn't get involved in it, but I imagine it must be difficult to keep your cool at times when you are being pelted with abuse and objects.

Yeah those Dundee United fans showed real restraint in the face of being pelted and abuse, fair play:

"Police probing claims Rangers fans 'threw glass bottles' at Dundee United supporters"

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/sport/police-probing-claims-rangers-fans-25058430

It's almost like so far in this thread we've had a supporter of Celtic claim the Union Bears signs is red neck unique to them. Now this, have a go for the very thing a fair number in the Govan and Broomieloan Stands felt was justified only a month ago.

The self awareness is only beaten by the amount of fucks given by the fans of every other team for your pish and bleating.

37 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

I’m sure it’s been said elsewhere in the thread but why one of the 5 players we had in close proximity didn’t even attempt to take the ball as the Rangers player ran from his own half is absolutely laughable. I’m willing to bet there isn’t another team in the league would’ve allowed that to happen. Utterly insipid powder puff shite. 

Coming up on 20 years since we last beat Rangers old or new in the league and it could be another 20.

McKinstry was never close, Tierney reasonably thought Tilman was heading into traffic, Penney was the one who failed to put in a challenge, Goss was on a booking, Lamie turned the wrong way then was in the box when able to engage.

A clusterfuck.

30 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

Yeah those Dundee United fans showed real restraint in the face of being pelted and abuse, fair play:

"Police probing claims Rangers fans 'threw glass bottles' at Dundee United supporters"

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/sport/police-probing-claims-rangers-fans-25058430

It's almost like so far in this thread we've had a supporter of Celtic claim the Union Bears signs is red neck unique to them. Now this, have a go for the very thing a fair number in the Govan and Broomieloan Stands felt was justified only a month ago.

The self awareness is only beaten by the amount of fucks given by the fans of every other team for your pish and bleating.

Saying it must be hard to keep your cool if you are being targeted with abuse and objects is simply stating the obvious rather than having a go, surely? I wasn't even overly critical about it, simply giving a reason as to why Barisic lost his head for a period.

4 hours ago, Allroy for Prez said:

I rewound it about 4 times last night to try work out what the f**k was individually going on. 

I suspect it’s in part that phenomenon  where strikers play right between central defenders so that they both have slight hesitancy and uncertainty on whose going to go for it. 

I can kinda understand the thinking of what was going on.   Tierney is chasing Tillman, but sees Penney in front in a better position to make the challenge. Unfortunately Penney has half an eye on Matondo on the wing, and seeing Goss and Lamie move in he doesn’t commit. Through the centre McKinstry is half tracking the central runner and seeing other boys around Tillman he doesn’t commit. By the time Goss realises those three aren’t chucking themselves at it, Tillman is past him. If there’s any fault it’s with Lamie (who I like) - he seems to be trying to show Tillman down the line but is about a mile too far his left meaning Tillman easily waltzes past him.

Its shite all round, but I don’t think it’s a reflection of a bigger problem of being a team of shitebags . 

Edited by CoF

3 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Lamie's part in that first goal is lazy and amateurish.

Amateurish is exactly what was required. If that had been any Sunday league game I ever played in Tillman would have been fucking volleyed right into the technical area before he'd had a chance to get up a full head of steam.