Motherwell vs Rangers

4 hours ago, Desp said:

Rangers, much like their business partners from across the city, will bounce back from another European embarrassment by sticking a few past one of the wee teams. They and their fans will then go back to pretending they are a big club again. 

Get this game in the bin. 

Meh. As expected. 

What time should be expect the Tom English article discussing the gulf in finances? 

I still can't believe that pull at the very end was not a red card. He's through on goal and doesn't make an attempt to play the ball.

Frustrating day as we were overall decent by lacked the basic thing about scoring. That's "shooting".

Some decisions were terrible but we can only blame ourselves for the 2 goals. How can 5 different player not put a tackle in to stop the play. Also the free kick was poorly defended.

12 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

I still can't believe that pull at the very end was not a red card. He's through on goal and doesn't make an attempt to play the ball.

Frustrating day as we were overall decent by lacked the basic thing about scoring. That's "shooting".

Some decisions were terrible but we can only blame ourselves for the 2 goals. How can 5 different player not put a tackle in to stop the play. Also the free kick was poorly defended.

Goss had been booked, Lamie was in the box but someone should have done something.

w****r would have been frothing at the mouth if that was a Motherwell player feigning a head knock if the score was reversed. 
Sitting behind the goal, it didn't look there was anything in it at the time- was it just straightforward abuse of the head knock rule?

Similarly, there was an incident a little bit earlier when a Motherwell player slid in and cleanly knocked the ball out of play at the touchline. Cue the Rangers left-back rolling about in agony. Was there anything in that? Didn't look it. The ref awarded the throw so didn't fall for it but it had the desired effect of wasting some time.

Tillman should have been wiped out before he'd made it beyond the centre circle by someone, any fucking one. Take him down, take the yellow and regroup. Brutal stuff. Lundstram then left by his man (KVV?) ending with another sloppy goal conceded. You just can't afford those lapses no matter who the opposition is. 

The 90 mins overall was fairly even and the standard average at best. On that showing from Rangers I can't see Celtic having the slightest worry in retaining their crown. After their pumping off Liverpool I expected them to come out all guns blazing but they were, in reality pretty shite tbh. 

County game apart, we're really struggling in the final 3rd and with Moult missing from the squad altogether today it's looking more and more likely that injuries are going to deprive us of his services more often than he's available. Becoming quite a concern and additions might be required in the window.

Anyway, got what I expected out of the game as usual, and only ourselves to blame. On to the other cheek in the cup on Wednesday. Oh joy.

6 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Sitting behind the goal, it didn't look there was anything in it at the time- was it just straightforward abuse of the head knock rule?

Similarly, there was an incident a little bit earlier when a Motherwell player slid in and cleanly knocked the ball out of play at the touchline. Cue the Rangers left-back rolling about in agony. Was there anything in that? Didn't look it. The ref awarded the throw so didn't fall for it but it had the desired effect of wasting some time.

Nothing whatsoever in the head knock, just an abuse of the rule knowing that the ref was weak and would stop the play in what was a fairly promising last ditch attack.

The one on the touchline was Morris (I think) sliding in on Barisic. Got to the ball cleanly about a yard in front of him. Perfectly timed and executed tackle then Barisic threw himself down and went all in on the theatrics. Ref on that occasion was perfectly positioned and never bought it. I've no doubt if it was Collum though that the play acting would have induced an immediate stauner and the red card would have been out. Barisic seemed like a bit of a banger overall throughout the game, getting involved with the fans too and hoofing 2 balls over the stand to waste time. 

In some ways - a 2-1 loss like that is more frustrating than the normal pumping we take in this fixture. If we were in any way decent today, we could easily have taken something - but as it is (and similar to narrow defeats against Celtic and Hibs), we can't really have many complaints as we were pretty poor.

First goal was always going to matter in this game and Rangers had offered very little (probably the most restless I've heard the Rangers support at Fir Park in a while) - so I'll admit to losing the plot at the pishy powder puff "defending" that led to the first goal. I can't think of another team in the league that wouldn't have chopped our player and taken the yellow if it was us on the run like that.

Celtic won't be anywhere near as one dimensional as Rangers were I'd imagine, so confidence for Wednesday is not high- especially with the injuries we're carrying up front.