FC Edinburgh v Airdrieonians - Sat 22nd Oct

That was horrendous. We are so slow, turgid, un-imaginative, un-dynamic & predictable, and we consistently gift the oppositions goals. Hopefully Clyde and Peterhead keep up their race to the bottom to lift us clear of any danger.

I think it’s pretty clear that the “make McCabe manager so we don’t lose him” experiment has failed. But as previously mentioned by a number of posters we do not have an out, unless he steps back to a playing capacity only on his own. And the strips are rotten.

And as for Meadowbank, whoever certified that as fit for league football needs their jotters.

1 hour ago, Sarto Mutiny said:
1 hour ago, diamond_for_life said:
That is one of the worst goals you’ll ever see a team concede. Words don’t even do it justice honestly. Optimism is starting to fade but 2-2 will do me 

I agree with this statement

Where did we get our goalkeeper, fits in well with this team, relegation for sure unless big changes made now. 

Brilliant win - thought Airdrie would be more physical to be honest - both sets of fans thought the ref was hopeless and he was but a great three points and to make things better, the team I used to support, Hamilton Accies, are bottom of the championship so at least me and Airdrie fans will agree they are shit and I hope they get bloody relegated (Hamilton not Airdrie)

Edited by jacobsladder

17 minutes ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

That was horrendous. We are so slow, turgid, un-imaginative, un-dynamic & predictable, and we consistently gift the oppositions goals. Hopefully Clyde and Peterhead keep up their race to the bottom to lift us clear of any danger.

I think it’s pretty clear that the “make McCabe manager so we don’t lose him” experiment has failed. But as previously mentioned by a number of posters we do not have an out, unless he steps back to a playing capacity only on his own. And the strips are rotten.

And as for Meadowbank, whoever certified that as fit for league football needs their jotters.

As a FC Edinburgh fan I know Meadowbank is not ideal but the club is restricted in what we can do by the council who are treating us like shit - give us time and we will improve for everyone 

1 hour ago, jacobsladder said:

As a FC Edinburgh fan I know Meadowbank is not ideal but the club is restricted in what we can do by the council who are treating us like shit - give us time and we will improve for everyone 

Yes, the board will flog the club and it's league place to East Kilbride 

I did hope for a draw and I'd have blown the whistle when Jamieson took advantage of an error. 

However that would only deprive me of seeing that comical second goal. I know the goalie will get justified stick but Rhys was no better in the sclaff that caused it. 

To play essentially the same midfield as the failures of the past few weeks, reeks of either unwillingness to see what this League demands, or poor recruitment. Thought Gallagher was good today and let's get Smith as a centre forward!

I am willing to give the experiment some more leeway but it's a real bind going to games now especially with that useless passing about in our box on so many occasions..

I think people underestimated how solid a TEAM FC are and they took advantage of all our errors. I'd take their no 27 over Telfer any day and Fontaine strolls this match. Never beaten FC at all so they obviously have something right. The view was so so but it's now ticked off. 

Thank goodness for Clyde and Peterhead?

22 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I did hope for a draw and I'd have blown the whistle when Jamieson took advantage of an error. 

However that would only deprive me of seeing that comical second goal. I know the goalie will get justified stick but Rhys was no better in the sclaff that caused it. 

To play essentially the same midfield as the failures of the past few weeks, reeks of either unwillingness to see what this League demands, or poor recruitment. Thought Gallagher was good today and let's get Smith as a centre forward!

I am willing to give the experiment some more leeway but it's a real bind going to games now especially with that useless passing about in our box on so many occasions..

I think people underestimated how solid a TEAM FC are and they took advantage of all our errors. I'd take their no 27 over Telfer any day and Fontaine strolls this match. Never beaten FC at all so they obviously have something right. The view was so so but it's now ticked off. 

Thank goodness for Clyde and Peterhead?

Agree with pretty much all of this. As you say, Lyness was embarrassing for the second goal but it all stems from McCabe not clearing his lines and probably others doing similar before too. 

We looked good in midfield at the start of the season with a sitter (McCabe) and two runners (Devenny and Frizzell). I don’t think he’s solely to blame but since Telfer came in the balance has been way off. Whether that’s playing both him and McCabe (too similar), not playing Devenny (he’s not brilliant but adds athleticism) or playing McMaster (not terrible but barely impacts games), the energy and pressing has been nowhere near what we need. 

Fontaine seemed to win every header in both boxes and was calm and commanding, everything our defenders aren’t. I don’t think Edinburgh are a particularly outstanding team but they have plenty of good, experienced players with quality at both ends. There’s a lot to be said for two banks of four, keeping things simple and playing to your strengths at this level. It’s hard to see where Airdrie go from where without McCabe adjusting his principles somewhat.

Edited by Mr November

2 hours ago, jacobsladder said:

But surely there’s always going to be a running track round it? Which makes most grounds, unless they are 70,000 seat bowls, universally shite.

16 minutes ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

But surely there’s always going to be a running track round it? Which makes most grounds, unless they are 70,000 seat bowls, universally shite.

Would not be many Airdrie players get a game for Edinburgh  fc, not tough enough or work hard enough, 

I've used this forum a bit in recent weeks to absolutely slate Telfer and his apparent lack of work. Not today though as he genuinely did seem interested in chasing possession and making runs into space. Unfortunately his and everyone else's passing was fucking abysmal today and they couldn't find a team mate 10 feet away when not under pressure never mind when they were being pressed. They are struggling to get even the basics right at the moment. 

The keeper certainly made an arse of his attempted punch in conceding the second but I'm not sure that it entirely deserves having someone shout abuse directly at him for the remainder of the game and even sarcastically cheering when he successfully came to collect a ball. Having that kind of thing going on surely isn't going to encourage him to do better. And he'd previously made a couple of good punches to clear when under pressure in the first half. Us football supporters really are a fickle bunch aren't we.

Worryingly our already stretched attacking options could well be further reduced with the injury to Gabby requiring his early substitution.