Falkirk vs Dunfermline 5.11.22

There is absolutely no reason either squad to be going into this and not be fully confident.  As a neutral this would be a great game to go watch.

As a pars fan, I’ll be anxious through the week, get excited Friday night/Saturday morning and flip/flop between the two during the game with every change of possession.  

I think we’ll still start with a back 3 despite the move to a 4 work successful in the 2nd half today.   The midfield will be crucial and that means Hamilton must start.

Mehmet

Fisher, Benedictus, Breen

Hamilton

Comrie chalmers Todd Edwards

Mochrie

Wighton/Todorov

Edited by parsforlife

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

There is absolutely no reason either squad to be going into this and not be fully confident.  As a neutral this would be a great game to go watch.

As a pars fan, I’ll be anxious through the week, get excited Friday night/Saturday morning and flip/flop between the two during the game with every change of possession.  

I think we’ll still start with a back 3 despite the move to a 4 work successful in the 2nd half today.   The midfield will be crucial and that means Hamilton must start.

Mehmet

Fisher, Benedictus, Breen

Hamilton

Comrie chalmers Todd Edwards

Mochrie

Wighton/Todorov

Starting with 12, bold. 

We’re top of the league by 4 points and still a good margin of our fans believe we are shit and scraping by to be top.

FWIW I think we are quite shite to watch, but we get the job done. This match won’t settle any scores but coming away with a point at least will be decent. If Kelty can beat this gang then we can surely be in with a shout.

3 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

Scotlands game of the day next Saturday.

Quietly confident. Can see it being equally as tight as the last meeting. Expecting a decent game.

1-0 Falkirk. Burrells.

It genuinely is the game of the weekend in Scotland I think, like the last one was. Big crowd and top of the league derby. From any point of view I can't see what game is bigger in Scotland next weekend.

57 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Off to see Robert Plant at the Queens Hall after the game.

Could be a day to remember.

Hold up; Robert Plant of Led Zeppelin fame.

52 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Starting with 12, bold. 

We do it all the time according to Raith fans.

Anyway, will be hopefully heading down for this. The train strike makes things a bit pish for fans getting through and back, but we should bring a decent crowd to Grangemouth. 

As for the game, absolutely not confident and really fear a bit of a pumping. Falkirk should have been out of sight at East End, but then we should have rattled them second half. We start too slow and haven't turned up in some away games (last weekend, Kelty). Think there's too many games where we waste chances and believe that Falkirk are the team most likely to punish that.

In some games we've given too much spacd up in midfield (Clyde first half comes to mind) and Falkirk could take advantage if we do so on Saturday.

Obviously I hope we absolutely pump these mutants mind, and that they have a comedy crowd display like the game we won 2-4 (think this was the same game their striker ducked under the ball instead of scoring in to an empty net).

29 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

It genuinely is the game of the weekend in Scotland I think, like the last one was. Big crowd and top of the league derby. From any point of view I can't see what game is bigger in Scotland next weekend.

Hold up; Robert Plant of Led Zeppelin fame.

We do it all the time according to Raith fans.

The very fellow.

Fucking hate the buildup to games like this. My default is convincing myself that I don't really want to go and its all a big inconvenience, before being absolutely wired on match day.

Not buying the fear of a pumping at all from Pars fans, but I do think it's really important that we win and I hope McGlynn has us really up for it. As we were first half at East End. Finn Yeats in the middle of the park should in theory help with some of the issues that seen us take a shelling for most of the second half. He's probably the only one in our midfield with the legs to try and keep Mochrie quiet.

That said, we need to play our own game, and do it for a full 90. We won't have the luxury of being 3 up in this one, and probably not of being 2 up early like we have a couple of times, and just drifted out it. We need to be at it all day. Burrell caused chaos last time, and he has came back in and found goals. It couldn't be better setup for us to finally beat one of our promotion rivals, so let's hope McGlynn can see it over the line.

Lastly I do expect a repeat of the last one and as such, I agree its a very attractive match. Last one really was pure entertainment.

Numerous fans on both sides to act like dicks, as per.

23 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Worried as it seems Falkirk have got their shit together. 

Wouldn't go that far yet, we got pumped for the first 45 minutes v Kelty last weekend and still have those performances waiting to come out. 

Hopefully we're at it for the full 90 on Saturday. Brad McKay at right back gives me fear but we have nobody to play there. Can see the game being tight again and hopefully as entertaining as the first game. 

Hoping for a great atmosphere to get my nephew interested in the bairns and the idea of going to Ibrox out his head

We are due someone an absolute skelping with the amount of chances we are creating. I’m by no means saying it will happen next week and we could just as easily suffer a bit of a doing but in a Kevin Keegan stylie I would absolutely love it if our front men clicked next week.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

Mochrie masterclass incoming.
His influence on the game is the most interesting tactical aspect when it comes to thinking about what you will bring to the table. It's always a bit more interesting once the teams have had a look at eachother. Maybe be a touch more cagey too though I think.

The way the last game went, a lot of folk will be turning up expecting blood and thunder, I'm not convinced. I think it will be more of a chess match. I think (hope) that you being away from home and a pre occupation with Burrells pace might see us left with some room to play in the midfield. We need to try and expose Benedictus to foot races with Burrell and maximise the potential for a red card, which the big lad does enjoy at TFS.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

His influence on the game is the most interesting tactical aspect when it comes to thinking about what you will bring to the table. It's always a bit more interesting once the teams have had a look at eachother. Maybe be a touch more cagey too though I think.

The way the last game went, a lot of folk will be turning up expecting blood and thunder, I'm not convinced. I think it will be more of a chess match. I think (hope) that you being away from home and a pre occupation with Burrells pace might see us left with some room to play in the midfield. We need to try and expose Benedictus to foot races with Burrell and maximise the potential for a red card, which the big lad does enjoy at TFS.

We've slightly tweaked the back 3 since the home game with fisher coming in and comrie moving to wingback.  That means benedictus now has 2 fast center backs along side him.  It's nearly always one of those 2 who drop back in with benedictus more likely to be the one trying to make contact early.  Hamilton coming into midfield should also help prevent you playing through us there.

We may leave one of them back for corners tho to try avoid a repeat of the goal at east end.

I don't think our defensive game plan will be too complicated, Its more about how we get mochrie on the ball and how we can use that to exploit Falkirk.