Falkirk vs Dunfermline 5.11.22

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
7 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Aye, seen a Snapchat of someone who's made up carbon monoxide cards with McCathies picture, with the username the boy will be about 26 aswell. Then someone's made up a twitter for Craig Gowans and is replying to Falkirk posts. 

As I said further up I could quite happily go without seing us play Falkirk again tbh, just shows the absolute dregs up. 

Meant to like your post, it's ma chubby fingers (5 on each hand before anyone says anything). 

The day I first seen the rivalry for real. Sunday 2-2 Cup Tie 1974 Dunfermline won replay 1-0 on a Wednesday early afternoon kick off due to power cuts. Proper 1970’s battling as fans changed ends at half time.

Looking forward to the game today. 

Rivalry is what makes the game great, and that’s where it should stop.

8D9A3DFF-D0EB-4112-8405-569EAEE67160.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Wind Chime Jimmy said:

Meant to like your post, it's ma chubby fingers (5 on each hand before anyone says anything). 

You have just confirmed all our suspicions.

"Although in some languages, including the Icelandic and Russian, the thumb is referred to as “the big finger”, in other languages, including the English, it is considered as a special digit, a non-finger. There are anatomical and physiological reasons to separate the thumb from the fingers".

22 hours ago, parsdaft said:

1,698 tickets now sold for the away end since I last checked, 308 remaining, up to 85% of the stand being occupied now.

1,895 tickets now sold for the away end, only 89 tickets remaining. 

96% occupation now - it appears there’s only 1,984 seats in the Away Stand and not 2,006 which was posted somewhere earlier in this thread. 

20 minutes ago, parsdaft said:

96% occupation now - it appears there’s only 1,984 seats in the Away Stand and not 2,006 which was posted somewhere earlier in this thread. 

That’s an amazing effort.

As for the game, I’m not sure what to expect. Dunfermline don’t have to win, but I think at a minimum we have to not lose. We’ve improved a lot in the space of a few months but then an absolutely Kelty of a performance comes out of nowhere.    Dunfermline as of yet don’t really seem capable of a Kelty performance in the same way we are.

I think another draw on the cards. Hopefully it’s as half as entertaining as the last game. Will we finally get a penalty? 

1 hour ago, NUMBER 7 said:

The day I first seen the rivalry for real. Sunday 2-2 Cup Tie 1974 Dunfermline won replay 1-0 on a Wednesday early afternoon kick off due to power cuts. Proper 1970’s battling as fans changed ends at half time.

Looking forward to the game today. 

Rivalry is what makes the game great, and that’s where it should stop.

8D9A3DFF-D0EB-4112-8405-569EAEE67160.jpeg

The Hope Street end looking magnificent there. Crowd was 9,500 according to better meddle. 

1 hour ago, parsdaft said:

I've seen the 1984 figure quoted a lot as well as 4075 (rather than 4116) for the main stand. Wikipedia has the stadium capacity as 7937 rather than 7979 which I guess accounts for that. I know the main stand has had the odd row in the upper tier removed as hospitality suites were added but cant think how the north stand seating would have reduced since it was built. Happy to take your word for it though as it's pretty easy to count up the seats and the ticketing system looks accurate 

Enjoy the game Falkirk fans, son is in his first ever cup final after 10 years of playing with the same team so this is one Falkirk fan who can't make it. Gutted but probably for the best as I feel like a bad luck charm at times!

32 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I've seen the 1984 figure quoted a lot as well as 4075 (rather than 4116) for the main stand. Wikipedia has the stadium capacity as 7937 rather than 7979 which I guess accounts for that. I know the main stand has had the odd row in the upper tier removed as hospitality suites were added but cant think how the north stand seating would have reduced since it was built. Happy to take your word for it though as it's pretty easy to count up the seats and the ticketing system looks accurate 

There’s some seats marked as unavailable, I guess they are broken.  Also no row A on ticketing system, possibly not in use?

5 minutes ago, Baggio said:

Enjoy the game Falkirk fans, son is in his first ever cup final after 10 years of playing with the same team so this is one Falkirk fan who can't make it. Gutted but probably for the best as I feel like a bad luck charm at times!

In true spirit of the derby, good luck to your son's opposition today. 

9 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

There’s some seats marked as unavailable, I guess they are broken.  Also no row A on ticketing system, possibly not in use?

There probably are some that are broken. Every time Hibs and Sevco come for their traditional beating the seats take the brunt of their frustrations unfortunately. We've had to replace something like 300 over the years since the stand was built which is why we have stupid blocks of white seats in the corners of the main stand upper now

Some of the sections dont have a row A as they start slightly higher up with disabled seating along the front. It's the same at the front of the other stands as well 

53 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

Are we sitting in our allocated seats or free for all? 

Normally I wouldn’t be bothered by the allocated seating not being enforced but the fact the stand is full today, then surely it’s just common sense to sit where you’ve bought your ticket for to prevent utter bedlam. 

Edited by parsdaft

Normally I wouldn’t be bothered by the allocated seating not being enforced but the fact the stand is full today, then surely it’s just common sense to sit where you’ve bought your ticket for to prevent utter bedlam. 
No really because the season tickets are unallocated. You cant have your ST holders coming in and sitting down then getting told to move.

Eta you mean the Pars end sorry.

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

No really because the season tickets are unallocated. You cant have your ST holders coming in and sitting down then getting told to move.

Eta you mean the Pars end sorry.

Glad to see you on the Tennents already mate 🤝