Jump to content

Falkirk vs Dunfermline 5.11.22


Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

It’s league one football.  The refs, players and coaches all have big deficiencies.  The ref today IMO had the best performance of any ref this season, he called most things correctly and everything I disagreed with how he came to a different decision had good justification that doesn’t make him a superstar but when we’ve seen much worse I think it’s right to say he had a good game, even if he’s not suddenly collina

As stated Mcpake has directly said we had worked on exploiting the back post at corners, he also said we were happy for Falkirk to have possession in their own half, comfortable to defend when it mattered.  What happened today was the game plan.

Happy to do so,  the scum element tried to boo it but quickly shut up when they noticed they had no support from the majority.

On the scum element that was one of the worse games IMO, we’ve heard reports of shite behaviour in the past but that’s the first time there was enough singing along I heard it from the away end.   These lot are certainly a minority on both sides and I’m delighted the majority want them gone, we must continue to call them out and make it clear we don’t want them coming along, embarrassing the clubs and then fucking off before coming back at the next derby.

I just shake my head when i hear the young team with the Norrie chants now,for gods sake most of them were not even born when he passed away.I met him a couple of times as my sister for her sins supports Dunfermline(Bitch) and although he was not my most fav person i would never stoop as low to be happy at his passing away.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I just shake my head when i hear the young team with the Norrie chants now,for gods sake most of them were not even born when he passed away.I met him a couple of times as my sister for her sins supports Dunfermline(Bitch) and although he was not my most fav person i would never stoop as low to be happy at his passing away.

Not going to lie, I bit to the chant in the second half shouting to wrap that sh*te. Unfortunately I also saw older men joining in the "singing".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Nice to see the club’s Twitter taking a dig at McGlynn’s pathetic interview. 

 

4F6F1D0A-20C8-478C-9C6E-196F1D293070.jpeg

McGinn as well. Dominated the first half apparently! How the f**k you can dominate when the best effort you have at goal is a shot from 25 yards that doesn't get past the 3 defenders closing you down I don't know.

f**k it I'm happy, let them tap themselves on the back over possession stats and number of short passes,  We'll enjoy the league points,   I know which one I prefer.

Edited by parsforlife
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, 101 said:

Mcglynns post match interview is just bizzare, he looks close to tears.

But they won the corner stat 11-3. We came for 0-0 (as he said about 10 times), but had 4 shots on target before they finally managed one in the 94th minute. He’s just a sad, bitter man. He and his team got it wrong, but he can’t admit that.

Moaning about Dunfermline trying to make things difficult for them. Isn’t that kind of what every team wants to do for their opponents? Really bizarre stuff. Did he think we should have just let them walk through us?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

But they won the corner stat 11-3. We came for 0-0 (as he said about 10 times), but had 4 shots on target before they finally managed one in the 94th minute. He’s just a sad, bitter man. He and his team got it wrong, but he can’t admit that.

Moaning about Dunfermline trying to make things difficult for them. Isn’t that kind of what every team wants to do for their opponents? Really bizarre stuff. Did he think we should have just let them walk through us?

His tactics or coaching was badly wrong. Does he not know or care how one footed Kai Kennedy is? Does he not tell his players how to defend a corner kick? Does he not coach how to play against a team frustrating the players. Just very odd from the man who is meant to get a result out of his team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, 101 said:

His tactics or coaching was badly wrong. Does he not know or care how one footed Kai Kennedy is? Does he not tell his players how to defend a corner kick? Does he not coach how to play against a team frustrating the players. Just very odd from the man who is meant to get a result out of his team.

The man can’t even get Gary Oliver to score against Dunfermline. If it wasn’t for his goals against Dunfermline, I’m not convinced Oliver would still have a career in football.

He’s also now brought Kennedy into 2 different clubs. Kennedy was summed up in the first half. He knocked the ball past Fisher, Fisher put his arm out, touched Kennedy’s chest and he just stopped and let the ball roll out for a goal kick. Pathetic wee guy.

It’s interesting that McPake said we identified back post at corners as a way to get chances. Then McGlynn cries about that. Maybe he should look at why they created no chances, despite having 11 corners and much more possession. Yes, we defended well. But his job is to set the team up to score goals. At no point today, did Falkirk seem to have any idea of how they were going to create chances. Just short passes around the back and aimless punts forward. But he’s trying to blame Dunfermline for winning and not just letting them win? It’s just weird.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, CallumPar said:

The man can’t even get Gary Oliver to score against Dunfermline. If it wasn’t for his goals against Dunfermline, I’m not convinced Oliver would still have a career in football.

He’s also now brought Kennedy into 2 different clubs. Kennedy was summed up in the first half. He knocked the ball past Fisher, Fisher put his arm out, touched Kennedy’s chest and he just stopped and let the ball roll out for a goal kick. Pathetic wee guy.

It’s interesting that McPake said we identified back post at corners as a way to get chances. Then McGlynn cries about that. Maybe he should look at why they created no chances, despite having 11 corners and much more possession. Yes, we defended well. But his job is to set the team up to score goals. At no point today, did Falkirk seem to have any idea of how they were going to create chances. Just short passes around the back and aimless punts forward. But he’s trying to blame Dunfermline for winning and not just letting them win? It’s just weird.

Can’t argue with this.

I would think more of him if he held his hands up and admitted we fucked it up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Was quite impressed with how well the Falkirk fans were taking it in this thread, better than I would be if Dunfermline had just served up that in a "season defining game". 

 

But nah, all in the Falkirk thread wallowing in misery, lovely. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...