Double Glazing

RH33

P&B, who are the least shady double glazing firms? Windows in the house are done, one gapes more than.......and another is letting in water.

In the process of applying for grants funding for heating system but looks like I'll need to sort the windows sooner rather than later.

P&B, who are the least shady double glazing firms? Windows in the house are done, one gapes more than.......and another is letting in water.
In the process of applying for grants funding for heating system but looks like I'll need to sort the windows sooner rather than later.

I haven't had new windows fitted yet but a company sent a guy round even after I said "look you can waste your time if you want because I don't need windows and won't be buying" (I'm assuming they get a bonus for getting a body in the door). The young guy who came round was brand new. We basically spent the hour blethering and he spent most of that hour moaning about the job and how he felt uncomfortable effectively conning folk out of money. He said the work was a good quality but the mark up was 60% (at the time). He recommended when I do get new windows to reject the first offer as they'll always come back with a cheaper price: that last sentence being the point of my post.

When I was married we had Weathseal.come.out to quote and the guy was in out house for hours was horrible experience. Giving it I'll call manager, right sign now or we can't do it shite.

Needless say I won't be inviting them to quote this time.

1 hour ago, RH33 said:

When I was married we had Weathseal.come.out to quote and the guy was in out house for hours was horrible experience. Giving it I'll call manager, right sign now or we can't do it shite.

Needless say I won't be inviting them to quote this time.

Weatherseal were awful with my parents too. The windows they put in were not installed properly. 

These guys (Illingworth Brothers) are based in Broxburn and they did our tilt & turn uPVC windows over 25 years ago. They were excellent. No complaints whatsoever. Windows are still in A1 condition.

https://www.edinburghsashwindows.co.uk/

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

3 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

These guys (Illingworth Brothers) are based in Broxburn and they did our tilt & turn uPVC windows over 25 years ago. They were excellent. No complaints whatsoever. Windows are still in A1 condition.

https://www.edinburghsashwindows.co.uk/

Sash windows eh? Big team found ..

My sister and her husband got a quote from a company a few years back (2017 ish) and the salesman came out and quoted 12 grand for 6 windows and a set of patio doors. He tried to convince them with the line “most people go with the first quote they get these days so I wouldn’t bother getting anyone else in”. Very much a hard sell type pitch.

They got another local company in who just sent out a tradesman to measure and the office phoned back with a quote. Was about half the price of the first company and they done a cracking job and I used them too when I got my windows and patio doors replaced last year.

Might be too far away from you (We’re Falkirk area) but happy to let you know either way 

8 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

My sister and her husband got a quote from a company a few years back (2017 ish) and the salesman came out and quoted 12 grand for 6 windows and a set of patio doors. He tried to convince them with the line “most people go with the first quote they get these days so I wouldn’t bother getting anyone else in”. Very much a hard sell type pitch.

They got another local company in who just sent out a tradesman to measure and the office phoned back with a quote. Was about half the price of the first company and they done a cracking job and I used them too when I got my windows and patio doors replaced last year.

Might be too far away from you (We’re Falkirk area) but happy to let you know either way 

I've been recommended a local company in Hillington so going to get them out too.