P&B Trustpilot

8 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Were they at the fiddle?

I bought a Korg Krome from them - not cheap - not a bad keyboard, but one day it just wouldn't load.

I paid £120 to a guy in Kirkcaldy for a part to fix it, then the same thing happened again a few months later.

Turns out it's a very common fault, yet they continued to make and sell them.

Robbing b*****ds. 

4 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

That’s your mistake right there. Don’t know why - maybe because the management are based there - but none of their other outlets are a patch on Howard Street. 

Inverness has always been fine for me. Service no different to Howard Street, although obviously a much smaller shop/selection.

Slaters in Glasgow is the business - always excellent service. Stirling isn't too bad either.

Back in the day they gave policemen a 10% discount, so my old man would go there regularly. Still does - every summer he takes my son and gets him kitted out with trousers, shirts and so on.

1 minute ago, scottsdad said:

Slaters in Glasgow is the business - always excellent service. Stirling isn't too bad either.

Back in the day they gave policemen a 10% discount, so my old man would go there regularly. Still does - every summer he takes my son and gets him kitted out with trousers, shirts and so on.

Doesn't your son mind cutting around dressed as a policeman?

Another plus for Buicks in Alloa. Just have in mind what you're after before you head in, as they will absolutely pounce on you as soon as you enter the building  :P
Only been to Slaters once, but they were very helpful in getting me sorted out with a cheap funeral suit, and that's about all you can ask for from these people.

TalkTalk are fucking appalling if something goes wrong - their call centre drones are trained to ensure that the issue is the customer's problem, no matter what. I had to switch to PlusNet in order to get someone to send BT out to fix a worn, noisy phone line that had been rubbing against a tree; TalkTalk shined me on for weeks before flat-out refusing to call BT. Also left me without internet access for days several times due to their own problems, including the time they bought Tiscali and switched their users over without any testing, so our service just died. No apologies or refunds, ever. Cannot unrecommend them lowly enough.

Had a mental experience with Dominos in Alloa once too, so they can GTF. Sent order to wrong address, and it was stone cold by the time it arrived. Manager of the store refused to refund as he'd taken the order on the phone personally, and I'd given him the wrong address. When I pointed out that it was an internet order and the address printed on the pizza boxes was correct, he refused to back down and figured that shouting and bluster was the right response.

@BFTD  Bar Aldo’s is the pizza you need. They started delivering in lockdown, still going. Used to only do 8” or 12” but (I think) customer feedback has had them up the sizes to 12” & 16”. 

And maybe I’m getting old or maybe I’m just imagining it, but since lockdown I’ve perceived a real slide in the (already shite) quality of almost all franchised fast food. 

16 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

@BFTD  Bar Aldo’s is the pizza you need. They started delivering in lockdown, still going. Used to only do 8” or 12” but (I think) customer feedback has had them up the sizes to 12” & 16”. 

And maybe I’m getting old or maybe I’m just imagining it, but since lockdown I’ve perceived a real slide in the (already shite) quality of almost all franchised fast food. 

Still never eaten at Bar Aldo's, but Aldo was always very generous when I was doing the charity fundraising thing, and I've seen them sponsoring other charity stuff too, so clearly Good Guys. Also, nobody has a bad word to say about their food.

3 hours ago, alta-pete said:

That’s your mistake right there. Don’t know why - maybe because the management are based there - but none of their other outlets are a patch on Howard Street. 

Unless you have been to every other branch in Scotland, how can you say that with any certainty?

30 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Still never eaten at Bar Aldo's, but Aldo was always very generous when I was doing the charity fundraising thing, and I've seen them sponsoring other charity stuff too, so clearly Good Guys. Also, nobody has a bad word to say about their food.

I went once about 10 years ago and didn't enjoy the food.

Another +1 for Buicks though. A schoolmate of mine had a part time job there when they were in the old shop.

10 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Unless you have been to every other branch in Scotland, how can you say that with any certainty?

This is Pie and Bovril M8. Opinions masquerading as fact and arguments founded on sand are an integral part of the forum experience. 

3 hours ago, Rugster said:

Inverness has always been fine for me. Service no different to Howard Street, although obviously a much smaller shop/selection.

Might need a suit for a funeral if I can't squeeze into my old one, good place?

Very.

Big bag of c***s. Ordered a fridge from them and also paid a small fee for them to take my old one away. Done this via their website and all seemed fine. Got an email confirmation that the order was received and another confirming delivery date, which was only a few days away, so pretty quick (was something like 3 working days).

On the day of the delivery I received an email saying they couldn't deliver (no reason specified) and that I had to call them to rearrange. A bit annoying, especially since I was without a fridge, but nothing awful. Gave them a call.

Was told that they couldn't deliver because they didn't have the fridge in stock and wouldn't have it in stock for another month, despite their website clearly saying it was in stock.

A month was too long to go sans fridge, so I told them to cancel the order and refund me. They said no problem.

Got the refund through a few days later. Minus both the delivery fee and the fee for picking up and taking away the old fridge. Called them again to ask what the f**k they were playing at. They said it would be sorted.

Got the delivery fee back a few days later. Not the old fridge pick up few. Called them again. They claimed they'd get it sorted.

They didn't. Had to email some address I found after Googling complaints about them. Said email address is not published anywhere on their website. Got a reply to that and they said they'd sort it. A few days later I finally got the fee refunded.

So a bunch of lying c***s that took nearly 3 weeks to fully refund me. Avoid them.