Morton V QP

Massive game and opportunity in terms of solidifying our place in the top 4. Undeniably I can see this being one of the toughest games of the season so far. We were in great form last time before we played Morton but we were bullied all over the park and deservedly lost. I do think we’ve learned a lot since then and it helps having Charlie Fox back in the side. Even though he hasn’t maybe looked 100% in sharpness, we’ve won every game since his return so it says a lot about how good the guy is. We’ve been ruthless in front of goal in the last 6 weeks so I’m confident we can get a couple goals.

Im not going to lie, I really didn’t expect Morton to be as good as they have been this season, especially when I seen Quitongo and Gillepsie pitch up there. Fair play to them both, Gillepsie especially seems to have found some great form but naturally I’m hoping he has a stinker on Saturday. I always really liked Quitongo as a player but he just couldn’t play more than 2 games without being out with an injury 

Wouldn’t be disheartened at all with a point but with the way we’re playing right now, there’s definitely a chance to pick up all 3 

Expecting a right tough game but one we should be looking to win.

Won our last 4 league games at Cappielow scoring 12 goals and only conceded 1 so we should be full of confidence. Queens very inconsistent on the road, handing out a few pumpings whilst being pumped themselves so will be interesting to see which team turns up.

Quitongo, Baird, Gillespie, Blues, Muirhead and Crawford all rested/ suspended this weekend so will all come back in. Ambrose wasn't on the bench, possibly injured or was he suspended too from a previous season? If injured, O'Connor or Lithgow can easily step in.

McGrattan surely retains his place over Kabia who is blowing more cold than hot these days.

Queens home and Raith away before Jan.  4 points would be good, 6 would be quality and would set up an absolute belter v Ayr on the 2nd.

Good run will come to an end eventually but id be surprised if it was at Cappielow 

2-1. Gillespie and Quitongo.

Edited by madton

There's quite often a 'crossroads' fixture in every season, although it's increasingly hard to pick out where it's going to fall in this demented league. Have a feeling this is it. If either side can get the win, they might begin to think 'we can actually win this', especially with signing possibilities just around the corner. Lose and it'll be a case of trying to hang on in and around the play-off places.

I've thought all season that QP are capable of gubbing teams on their day... or getting bogged down in a type of game they don't want to play. Up to us to make sure it's the latter, because they look more and more confident of doing damage if you let them play.

Would I take a draw? Yes, I would... but can't help feeling, as above, that there will be a winner on the day.

I doubt this game will be on troops.   

It's one that Morton will fancy considering form and home tie. We fancy a victory based on our form and general Scottish fanciful  expectations before every football match. 

FAO Morton crew: Will QP fans be behind the goals on the terrace? 

3-2 QP win me thinks.

COOOOOOOOOOOOOMEOOOOONUUUUUUUQUUUUEEEEENNS

Edited by QPSpider1867

40 minutes ago, QPSpider1867 said:

I doubt this game will be on troops.   

It's one that Morton will fancy considering form and home tie. We fancy a victory based on our form and general Scottish fanciful  expectations before every football match. 

FAO Morton crew: Will QP fans be behind the goals on the terrace? 

3-2 QP win me thinks.

COOOOOOOOOOOOOMEOOOOONUUUUUUUQUUUUEEEEENNS

We’re in the end of the main stand, if it’s on.

Both teams will definitely fancy this one. An utterly daft league, where anything can happen. Just got to keep doing what we’ve been doing in an attacking sense and hope we can remain as clinical. The three clean sheets in a row are welcome, but I don’t know that there’s a single QP fan who doesn’t have slight concerns on that front! 

Wouldn’t be changing an awful lot from recent league starting XIs. Cappielow has tended to look like one of the better grass surfaces in the country, so hopefully that’s still the case! Should be a good game. 

17 hours ago, an86 said:

We’re in the end of the main stand, if it’s on.

Both teams will definitely fancy this one. An utterly daft league, where anything can happen. Just got to keep doing what we’ve been doing in an attacking sense and hope we can remain as clinical. The three clean sheets in a row are welcome, but I don’t know that there’s a single QP fan who doesn’t have slight concerns on that front! 

I agree both sides will be confident and with good reason. Although recent form for both teams is similar, over the season so far, Morton have a far better record against the other teams in the top 4. 

Queens have only manged a solitary point, scoring 5 & conceding an eye watering 15.

Morton, on the other hand have picked up points scoring 4 & conceding 4.

17 hours ago, an86 said:

Wouldn’t be changing an awful lot from recent league starting XIs. Cappielow has tended to look like one of the better grass surfaces in the country, so hopefully that’s still the case! Should be a good game. 

I just wonder if playing Kilday at right back last week was with a view to trying a Fox Eze partnership?

Personally I'd rather stick with Kilday & Fox.

9 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

I just wonder if playing Kilday at right back last week was with a view to trying a Fox Eze partnership?

Personally I'd rather stick with Kilday & Fox.

Any News on Kilday after coming off at half time against Montrose. Took a hit and Coyle didn’t want to take any risks he’ll probably give Eze a chance to play

Would take a point, but our recent form shows there Is no reason why we can’t take 3. 5 wins in a row and confidence is high. McPake and Thomas are in their best form of the season, Savoury is back scoring goals and (assuming Coyle brings Thomson back in) our midfield can compete with anyone in the division.

As has been mentioned, we’ve taken a few pumping this season and Morton deservedly beat us in the last game but we’ve generally looked solid recently. Would bring Davidson back in as the thought of Quitongo running at Naismith terrifies me.