Morton V QP

Disappointed but not particularly surprised. Wasn't expecting anything else, especially with such an early inspection.

I just hope this doesn't get rescheduled for January when we already have 6 games, including back to back trips to Inverness.

25 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

😳 Odd comment, after the weather we’ve had this week.

The weather’s changing rapidly today. An inspection at 11am might have had a different result. Cappielow is at sea level and must be one of the least affected grounds by snow/frost. I get the early call if the opposition is travelling from the Highlands or Aberdeenshire but not Glasgow. Airdrie have a 10:30 for Dunfermline. Why 9am?

11 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

The weather’s changing rapidly today. An inspection at 11am might have had a different result. Cappielow is at sea level and must be one of the least affected grounds by snow/frost. I get the early call if the opposition is travelling from the Highlands or Aberdeenshire but not Glasgow. Airdrie have a 10:30 for Dunfermline. Why 9am?

Have you popped round to Cappielow yet with your expertise to inspect the pitch yourself? 

Game's aff, get over it. 

13 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Because there would still be no guarantee the ground underneath would thaw or that if it all did then water wouldn't become another issue.

It's probably quite rare that they play touch and go with the hope it will change.

They knew it was off. The inspection was a mere formality.

The only reason it wasn't called on Friday was to prevent you having an even bigger meltdown over the timing of it.

8 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Not often Cappielow is affected by snow, true enough - but the ground's had at least a full week of temperatures ranging from freezing point to  -5C. It's only yesterday that the temperature got above freezing. Anybody expecting that to be enough to undo the effect of what went before ain't being realistic, and an extra two or three hours before inspecting it would've made bugger all difference. 

1 hour ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Not often Cappielow is affected by snow, true enough - but the ground's had at least a full week of temperatures ranging from freezing point to  -5C. It's only yesterday that the temperature got above freezing. Anybody expecting that to be enough to undo the effect of what went before ain't being realistic, and an extra two or three hours before inspecting it would've made bugger all difference. 

Patrick Thistle got Firhill ready. You just have to want it enough. Shame on Morton.

1 hour ago, forfarton said:

Not if you read parts of the forum outwith SPFL 

Ooft, I decided years ago that life’s way too short to be bothered with all that bollocks. Last time I was on a P&B forum that didn’t involve Morton was when that Pedro bloke was vandalising a hedge in Luxembourg, and the world and his wife were on that one! 😁