Morton V QP

6 minutes ago, qpfc said:

I think many opposition fans will have the partick thistle version of Tommy Robson in their heads and immediately think he’s a weak link but he’s honestly been the best left back in the league for me. Week in week out he’s incredibly consistent and he’s now just as strong defensively as he is going forward. Seems like he’s took over the captaincy from Murray since his departure which speaks volumes for much he’s improved as a player.

Will be an interesting battle between Quitongo and Robson for sure 

5 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Not only is he still going, he's been made captain after Murray's exit. I feel like Queen's fans spend quite a lot of time on here talking about how much he's improved to people who must remember him for his spell at Thistle (who he's also scored twice against so far this season!), but he really has turned into a very reliable left back for us.

Never mind Patrick, sad news that the Falkirk version of Tommy Robson is no longer available…

In the 15 minutes before the cheating started at Parkhead recently, Quitongo had Bernabei on toast; let’s hope it’s that version who turns up tomorrow.

Gillespie not an automatic choice which is good to see. Don't get me wrong he's been good over the season but I felt he's went off the boil in the last couple of games.

Miller might feel a bit aggrieved dropping to the bench given his goal and performance  in his last game.

Good to see Oakley back though! 

That could be a 4-3-3 with Quitongo and Muirhead wide in the front three and McGrattan in midfield, or it could be some variation of 4-4-2 with McGrattan and Quitongo wide. I hope we don't regret trying to accommodate both Oakley and Muirhead in the team.

Very attacking lineup today from us. We're struggling when QP are attacking us, but have made up for that by just putting them under the lion's share of pressure. And if our defence is looking ropey, then theirs has been a binfire. While it wouldn't be a fair reflection of the game, we could easily be 3 or 4-1 up here with a few breaks of the ball. IMO a third goal would have reflected our attacking performance. 

We're in a stick or twist dilemma now. Either we gamble on getting a third (or maybe fourth) goal required to wrap up three points, or we need to bring Gillespie on to reinforce the midfield. Big call for Imrie to make around the hour mark. 

Edited by vikingTON

Good half from us and just unfortunate that we aren't more ahead as you'd imagine QP will come out and play better in the second half. 

Surprised how all over the place Queens are at the back so hopefully we can keep the pressure on them and see the game out. 

Just good to see us impose our game on an opponent again. No surprises really that it happens when Mcgrattan is back in the team. He just brings much better shape to the team when he's in the starting line up that we don't have when he's replaced with an out and out winger. 

You might have expected a team six without a win to let their heads drop after going behind against the run of play so early then capitulate, but conceding only saw us raise the intensity and we've been in control of the game. The concern is that we haven't buried it when we've had more than enough chances to do so and they'll inevitably create some of their own at some point in the second half, but that's still an encouraging 45 minutes.

Ferrie :lol: