Aberdeen v 'Rangers' - Tues 20/12 - 8pm

19 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Ramadani and Barron were brilliant tonight. Stewart is a bombscare. Roos should do miles better at the 2nd goal although thought he'd a good game in general. Difficult to be too hard on the players but quite easy to be hard on the manager. 

Don't know about that buddy, Roos spilling the ball, not ideal but you need your centre half's not to be caught sleeping to shield his second attempt to get it or put the laces through it into row Z.

As for the second, two players going for it and heading it back into .... yes into .... the six yard box is nothing short of criminal. No manager can account for that level of arsing up the basics.

McInnes brought back credibility to Aberdeen and will always be thought of fondly by the large majority of Aberdeens fans. However, McInnes' recruitment strategy consisted of calling up agents to see who was available. He refused the current recruitment philosophy at Aberdeen and therefore was regarded as dinosaur who seemingly didn't evolve with the times and in his final few years with Aberdeen his deficiencies were exposed. Currently, Killie are well on course to be relegated this season.

Goodwin is on board with the "Moneyball" approach to recruitment and after one transfer window we've seen a huge improvement on last seasons efforts. He's still young and still learning.

I suspect Glass would have done better this season had he received the same level of recruitment as Goodwin. Although, his approach of knocking the ball around the back 4 and hoping something would miraculously happen confirmed for me he wasn't the right choice. MLS 2 is his level.

Edited by HarleyQuinn

I'm struggling to think of a kinder expression for shitting the nest, other than shitting the nest. 

Aberdeen were home and hosed against a mediocre Rangers' side. 

Poor defending cost them two goals and a win. I'm not even sure you can point the finger at the way they set up. Players have to take responsibility and do the basics. 

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Looked like a potential handball there. VAR ruled out as final whistle blown.

We should have held out.

The Edinburgh sides will be pleased tonight. Suspect Vinny G will be on soon......

St Johnstone are based in Perth, mate.

10 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Goodwin is on board with the "Moneyball" approach to recruitment and after one transfer window we've seen a huge improvement on last seasons efforts. He's still young and still learning.

Goodwin, thankfully, won't be Aberdeen manager this time next year...he's a shitebag of the highest order

12 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Goodwin, thankfully, won't be Aberdeen manager this time next year...he's a shitebag of the highest order

Personally, I think it's far too premature to be considering sacking Goodwin. This week has been admittedly painful due to the manner of the defeats and given the rivalry with The Rangers Goodwin has done himself no favours. Although, I do believe a strong January window is ahead and a good finish to the season will replenish previously lost optimism in Goodwin. After the efforts and 10th place finish last season, a top 4 finish in the current campaign cannot be snubbed at.

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Looked like a potential handball there. VAR ruled out as final whistle blown.

I have no idea what the incident was, but VAR will still check things even if the final whistle has been blown, and the players can be brought back out to take a penalty.

1 hour ago, Kapowzer said:

Don't know about that buddy, Roos spilling the ball, not ideal but you need your centre half's not to be caught sleeping to shield his second attempt to get it or put the laces through it into row Z.

As for the second, two players going for it and heading it back into .... yes into .... the six yard box is nothing short of criminal. No manager can account for that level of arsing up the basics.

He signed the pair of muppets who headed it back into the six yard box.

He's a crap manager who threw away a lead against one of the worst Rangers sides I've seen by pathetic game management and relying on defenders who all season have shown they can't defend.

Celtic will walk the title. 

1 minute ago, highland_mechanic said:

He signed the pair of muppets who headed it back into the six yard box.

He's a crap manager who threw away a lead against one of the worst Rangers sides I've seen by pathetic game management and relying on defenders who all season have shown they can't defend.

Celtic will walk the title. 

He may have signed them but they have been playing the game for over 20 years. That level of stupidity is not something acquired in a few months.

I get the shutting up shop and trying to see out the game thing. We did it under Alexander and in the first half of last season it kinda worked, shit to watch and the last 20-30 minutes was heart attack inducing for our older fans. However, I've always wondered why when teams have another under the cosh they ease up or change their tactics to invite the others on. Sunday's WC Final was a perfect example.

It's one of those things in football, you col dbe playing East Fife in a Scottish Cup game and 2-0 up and cruising, but the last 10 minutes you're got your backs to the wall. It's just a thing.