Aberdeen v 'Rangers' - Tues 20/12 - 8pm

Aberdeen going hell for leather here, batting like f**k for every 50/50 ball and even taking something from this game, after their limp performance against Celtic on Saturday would provoke *** meltdowns of Chernobyl proportions and may well break the internet. 

I think I would favour a back four for this game, although it would likely mean McCrorie at right-back if we are concerned by Richardson's defensive limitations. I can't see Goodwin being keen for that, though. 

I would probably go something along the lines of: Roos; McCrorie, Stewart, Scales, Coulson; Barron, Ramadani, Clarkson; Duk, Hayes, Miovski. 

I would start Hayes for his energy and experience. He would also offer us another outball and option to drive us up the pitch when we are pressed deep, rather than becoming overly reliant on Duk. He would also hopefully match Tavernier out of possession and give Coulson some support in the left-back area. McCrorie at right-back would also let us go into a back three if necessary, and offer Coulson a bit of freedom offensively. A bit like when Considine sometimes used to counter-balance Logan, I suppose. 

It might be a bit harsh on Mackenzie to drop him after yesterday, but Coulson is a more rounded left-back. I won't necessarily have a big problem with it if he does start, though. 

Edit: If we are going to sit deep and play on the counter-attack, then I wouldn't be completely against starting Watkins instead of Miovski. I rate Miovski, but his effectiveness seems to really wane when we don't have at least a decent share of the ball and territory. 

Edited by DrewDon

3 hours ago, Arnie said:

Saturday the manager tried something different it didn’t work I think most fans have went OTT we move on and hope we get a better performance 

Aye, just like Craig Levein tried something different in Prague.

If he does try it again, say at Hampden in January, will you then join those in going OTT?

According to the opinions of some 'Rangers' fans on the internet, not on here I hasten to add, all I need to hope for from Aberdeen is that we thunder into tackles, injure a few 'Rangers' players, try really hard but ultimately end up getting beat because 'its our cup final'

We've only beaten them once at Pittodrie and that was Madison's thunderb*****d in the first ever game. You'd think we routinely horsed them given the way they go on about it. 

I think we'll give a better account of ourselves on Tuesday (not hard I know) but that'll be more to do with the fact that we are playing against a poorer team on Tuesday than we did on Saturday.