Aberdeen v 'Rangers' - Tues 20/12 - 8pm

4 hours ago, betting competition said:

If our Manager plays the same tactics as he did against Celtic then he will lose my backing. 

Aberdeen manager Jim Goodwin reacts to Premier Sports Cup win over Raith  Rovers - YouTube

Jim Goodwin refused to answer questions today about betting competition's threat to withdraw his backing. Rumours are circulating that secret meetings and whatsapp groups abound, with other high-profile P&B using anonymous fitba fans ready to withdraw their support publicly should the influential betting competition follow through with his threat.

More to follow.

Edited by VincentGuerin

17 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

According to the opinions of some 'Rangers' fans on the internet, not on here I hasten to add, all I need to hope for from Aberdeen is that we thunder into tackles, injure a few 'Rangers' players, try really hard but ultimately end up getting beat because 'its our cup final'

We've only beaten them once at Pittodrie and that was Madison's thunderb*****d in the first ever game. You'd think we routinely horsed them given the way they go on about it. 

I think we'll give a better account of ourselves on Tuesday (not hard I know) but that'll be more to do with the fact that we are playing against a poorer team on Tuesday than we did on Saturday. 

What the h**s don’t seem to acknowledge is that THEY raise their game against Aberdeen.

Look at how pathetically inept they were against Livi, St Johnstone etc. 

Then they produce their best performance of the season against Aberdeen. 

FTHB 

3 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

I think the codheids will get a draw or a narrow win tonight.

Aye, score first and they win quite comfortably, imo. Rangers are a flimsy gang at the moment.

One point from their last two away games, poor against a Hibs side that has lost about 100 of its last 101 games.

There for the taking. Wish we had them tonight.

Edited by VincentGuerin

18 minutes ago, Empty It said:

I was speaking to a Sevco fan earlier and he was adamant Aberdeen were going to win 3-0. Was I talking to Bennett?

I don't think I'd fancy them away to anyone tonight. Certainly not anyone in the top half.

They crawled through that Hibs game against a side that's getting pumped every week at the moment. It had the feel of a team with a horror show coming.

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

Aye, score first and they win quite comfortably, imo. Rangers are a flimsy gang at the moment.

One point from their last two away games, poor against a Hibs side that has lost about 100 of its last 101 games.

There for the taking. Wish we had them tonight.

This doesn't sound like a bash at Rangers, rather a thinly veiled attempt to suggest that Aberdeen, a team 1 point and 1 place above yourselves, have an easy fixture tonight so it will be a stick to beat them with should they lose.

The "wish we had them tonight" also seems like a bit of false bravado for a team that have lost the last 6 consecutive fixtures against us with an aggregate score of 17-1...

Edited by AJF

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

This doesn't sound like a bash at Rangers, rather a thinly veiled attempt to suggest that Aberdeen, a team 1 point and 1 place above yourselves, have an easy fixture tonight so it will be a stick to beat them with should they lose.

The "wish we had them tonight" also seems like a bit of false bravado for a team that have lost the last 6 consecutive fixtures against us with an aggregate score of 17-1...

More details...

We haven't beaten our opponents tonight at home since 2016, with better teams than the one that will play tonight.

And because the manager decided to employ those negative tactics on Saturday as placed more pressure on himself and his team.

The players will also read the criticism of Goodwin and may start to question his ability if they haven't already.

Anyway, I can see only one winner in the league and cup double header* and that ain't the Dandy Dons...😒

*Can it still be called a double header if the matches don't run consecutively?

Edited by Bogbrush1903

16 hours ago, betting competition said:

Purely accidental.

Spoiler

He thought it was Willie Miller's throat he was stamping on.

Spoiler

Horrible *** c**t.