St Mirren v Aberdeen 24/12/22 1230 ko

3 minutes ago, GAD said:

There's not a pundit in the land saying St Mirren didn't fully deserve to win. There was nothing particular lucky about any of the penalties or the red card, all correct, and defending properly and hitting on the break is what your supposed to do when leading.

There's nothing lucky about a penalty hitting the post, bouncing off the keepers foot then back in?

8 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

If Aberdeen had scored at the end then there's not a pundit in the land who wouldn't have said the goal was coming. The last twenty five minutes were similar to ours against Rangers without the mental defending that cost goals.

An own goal, a penalty that should have been saved and breakaway goal from a corner. Crazy to get all that luck in a game.

If yer maw had baws n aw that 😂

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

There's nothing lucky about a penalty hitting the post, bouncing off the keepers foot then back in?

It's not really any more lucky than some of the many chances we had that didn't go in were unlucky.

Still, of you think luck is the reason you were comfortably beaten today I'm fine with that, but I disagree. Best team won for me.

Wonderful win. Poor defensive Jim on one of his winless runs. It was nice of Aberdeen to even things up with us being down to 10 men having Ayunga on the pitch. How he lasted 90 minutes before getting subbed was wild. The call for Ayunga to take that penalty was dreadful, his finishing is awful. He’s great when carrying the ball but his composure is so poor. 

2 minutes ago, GAD said:

It's not really any more lucky than some of the many chances we had that didn't go in were unlucky.

Still, of you think luck is the reason you were comfortably beaten today I'm fine with that, but I disagree. Best team won for me.

🤣

Enjoy your Christmas. Seems you've started early on the drink.

Just now, buddie06smfc said:

Wonderful win. Poor defensive Jim on one of his winless runs. It was nice of Aberdeen to even things up with us being down to 10 men having Ayunga on the pitch. How he lasted 90 minutes before getting subbed was wild. The call for Ayunga to take that penalty was dreadful, his finishing is awful. He’s great when carrying the ball but his composure is so poor. 

He was brilliant today. Strange take!

50 minutes ago, Gareth_Glasgow said:

This second half performance has been a reminder of what Erhahon brings to the team, we’re really weak in the middle without him. Main off instead of Ayunga is nonsense as well.

Spot on. I think Erhahon would be the biggest loss should we lose the rumoured players in January. 

Had two absolute idiots sitting behind me today. During the last 10 minutes I think they would have been happy for Aberdeen to score so they could say I told you so, as our 3rd went in they could only stand and moan about how it would have been 4 if Ayunga scored they penalty. Other than that a fairly entertaining afternoon.

7 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

He’s much better than he showed today. I think he was knackered near the end of the game which might have contributed to it at that time but his overall performance was so poor. 

I thought he was great but obviously tired. His touch and final ball towards e end of the game got a bit sloppy. Wonder if the penalty miss affected him.

19 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

I thought he was great but obviously tired. His touch and final ball towards e end of the game got a bit sloppy. Wonder if the penalty miss affected him.

His fitness totally leaves him after about 65-70 minutes of games. He should never be on any longer than that.

All things said though, Aberdeen had the better first 15 and we allowed them to have the better last 20 as we seemed to wobble when the penalty was missed. We were the better side for the majority of the match though and a home win was the correct result in the end.

Edited by djchapsticks