2023 Euro stage game March squad and line up

Craigieboy86

18 hours ago, craigkillie said:

He has 32 appearances this season, including 13 starts, despite a spell out injured. It's hardly as though he's been rotting in the reserves.

450 minutes he's played this calendar year, 3 starts. Its not very much for a team that was playing in 4 competitions.

11 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Big blow for Norway who have a tough start to qualifying, Spain away on Saturday and Georgia away on Tuesday. Be great for us if they could start with a couple of defeats or even a defeat and a draw.

I’m sure he’ll be just fine for Man City. 

4 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

I’m sure he’ll be just fine for Man City. 

I have no problem with that :lol:

Hopefully he runs himself into the ground over the next couple of months, they go to the FA Cup Final (highly likely) and further in the Champs League and come June 17th he's either gone physically or out altogether! 

1 hour ago, Hendricks said:

I have no problem with that :lol:

Hopefully he runs himself into the ground over the next couple of months, they go to the FA Cup Final (highly likely) and further in the Champs League and come June 17th he's either gone physically or out altogether! 

Yeah, that would do just fine 🤣

I’ve seen quite a few players pulling out of the international squads. I am actually pleasantly surprised at how many of our squad have turned up. The only one to pull out is Hendry and he’s genuinely injured and been out for Brugge too.

Days gone by it was our players pulling out of matches “Injured”.

Edited by Jambomo

4 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I think it at least suggests that he's a doubt and we want the cover.

That would make sense, although it was good to see some pictures of Patterson in training today. John Carver also said that Ralston has been brought in as cover for a few positions. 

4 hours ago, Jambomo said:

Yeah, that would do just fine 🤣

I’ve seen quite a few players pulling out of the international squads. I am actually pleasantly surprised at how many of our squad have turned up. The only one to pull out is Hendry and he’s genuinely injured and been out for Brugge too.

Days gone by it was our players pulling out of matches “Injured”.

Great point.

I forgot how depressingly regular the dubious dropouts thing used to be under just about every previous manager this century (even under Strachan when we looked to be going in the right direction early in his reign). Clarke has managed and effectively almost eradicated it.

1 hour ago, Gordopolis said:

Great point.

I forgot how depressingly regular the dubious dropouts thing used to be under just about every previous manager this century (even under Strachan when we looked to be going in the right direction early in his reign). Clarke has managed and effectively almost eradicated it.

You wonder if his willingness to stick by players has helped that?

You fall out the squad and your replacement nails it, then you might struggle to get back in. With more chance of reaching tournaments its all a bit more high stakes.

14 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Does Ralston mean that we can expect Patterson to play no part in these games?

Patterson was involved in training yesterday and if he wasn't still of some use to the team then I would expect he would have been let go from the squad like Jack Hendry.

Patto.png.8c3f786f1e9bdadab65ac626ea41df2e.png

I think given that Anthony Ralston wasn't called up until after the squad was announced I think it's a safe assumption that he is being drafted in as cover but for the exact reason is hard to predict and as usual the explanation by the staff does little to clear things up.

Well we just wanted to make sure just in case something happened whilst we were here that we had enough defenders. Anthony can play on the right, he can play on the left, also we might consider somebody else playing in a different position - so Tony can fit into that role. He's multi purpose and we know all about him, he's done it in the past.

He's been a little bit unfortunate because he's not been a regular in the Celtic team but on the occasions he has played and I've seen him quite a bit he's done really well so it was wise to bring him into the group rather than call on him later and the fact that we had the two homes games.

John Carver

https://open.spotify.com/episode/5WWlhMu3uYsU7XjsSJl0jf?si=e79847692fda4dc0

11 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

You wonder if his willingness to stick by players has helped that?

You fall out the squad and your replacement nails it, then you might struggle to get back in. With more chance of reaching tournaments its all a bit more high stakes.

It probably does, I’m sure it creates a bit of loyalty for him.

I saw a tweet this morning about Sheffield Utd wondering why McBurnie wasn’t called up and it reminded of when he had got caught slagging off going away with Scotland.

Clarke really seems to make it so the players enjoy going away with the team now, they always seem to speak positively about it. That probably helps a lot as well. He really has turned things around 

3 hours ago, Jambomo said:

It probably does, I’m sure it creates a bit of loyalty for him.

I saw a tweet this morning about Sheffield Utd wondering why McBurnie wasn’t called up and it reminded of when he had got caught slagging off going away with Scotland.

Clarke really seems to make it so the players enjoy going away with the team now, they always seem to speak positively about it. That probably helps a lot as well. He really has turned things around 

I just figured McBurnie hadn’t been called up because he’s absolutely shite.