Queens v Clyde

1 hour ago, trotsky27 said:

And hopefully the Clyde neds behave themselves this time 

Surely this time they will not have to come into our area for toilets shop etc .

That 1st game has really been the story of our season conceding far to many easy goals .

9 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Train down Saturday for this one..

How far a walk from station to ground & any pubs close by to station that aint a spoons...

Prefer a proper pint o Tennents in a proper pub...

Thanks in advance

Waverley bar right across from the station grand wee pub with a guid pint o - Tennents - 15 min walk to ground plus lots of pubs on the way. 

37 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Waverley bar right across from the station grand wee pub with a guid pint o - Tennents - 15 min walk to ground plus lots of pubs on the way. 

It would be a pretty brisk walk to do in 15 mins I'd think. 20-25 mins more likely. I don't think if I was arriving by train I'd hang around anywhere near the train station either. Waverley's ok but there are far better pubs in the town centre halfway along the journey. I'd go straight into town on arrival personally. Then it's only a 10 minute walk to the ground when you've had a beer. Or 5 mins if you go right over the bridge to the pubs in Market Square.

11 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Prefer a proper pint o Tennents in a proper pub...

Bit surprised to find the words "proper pint" and "Tennents" in the same sentence mind ...

Hope you enjoy your day (but not the game). 😉

20 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Bit surprised to find the words "proper pint" and "Tennents" in the same sentence mind ...

Hope you enjoy your day (but not the game). 😉

Plenty of very good Jars o T(o) be fair but sadly many guff pints mostly down to the grade and pubs with passing trades generally no giving a flying...

Repeat of first game o season and thst last ttain can also take a flying ....😄🇾🇪

On 29/12/2022 at 11:40, shawfield shed boy said:

Plenty of very good Jars o T(o) be fair but sadly many guff pints mostly down to the grade and pubs with passing trades generally no giving a flying...

Repeat of first game o season and thst last ttain can also take a flying ....😄🇾🇪

Check your journey tomorrow. Apparently a couple of landslides on this line today. 

No idea how quickly they can clear a motorway if the rain continues but I assume this game could be in doubt?

I've just spent 4 hours crawling from Douglas to Abington Southbound on the M74. Northbound all 3 lanes under water at Abington and 1 lane Southbound under water. At Gretna services now, it's rammed full and chaos. Sure the motorway will be clear by Saturday though. 👍

11 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

M74 Roads are clear now, and roads into Dumfries from Moffat have no standing water. Usual floods down the 'sands' in Dumfries but won't affect the game going ahead. 👍

Only thing is with Whitesands being closed, if the bypass and roads in town are anything like yesterday's gridlock it'll take a good bit longer to get to Palmerston. 

Edit to add: I'm in town now and everything seems to be running smooth. Sands still closed plus a couple of side streets. Bypass running OK too. 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

Queens: 30.Cowie 2.D.Mckay 5.P.Mckay 12.McKenna 17.Hendrie 8.Todd 4.Wilson 15.McGrory 27.Gibson 7.Paton 9 .Reilly

Subs: 43.Henderson 18.Mckechnie 19.Ruth 20.Irving 21.McMahon 22.Bange 28.Johnstone 29.Burns

Quite a few names who would generally feature not involved even on bench. Currie, Quitongo,  Cochrane, Connelly, Murray. 

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

1 hour ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Queens: 30.Cowie 2.D.Mckay 5.P.Mckay 12.McKenna 17.Hendrie 8.Todd 4.Wilson 15.McGrory 27.Gibson 7.Paton 9 .Reilly

Subs: 43.Henderson 18.Mckechnie 19.Ruth 20.Irving 21.McMahon 22.Bange 28.Johnstone 29.Burns

Quite a few names who would generally feature not involved even on bench. Currie, Quitongo,  Cochrane, Connelly, Murray. 

All injured, including Currie. Everyone who is fit is in the squad

Eta - except maybe cochrane, not sure if he's still suspended 

Edited by Homer Thompson

Absolutely pitiful again. I'd argue this has been even worse than the shite WG was dishing up. We haven't laid a glove on Clyde. Thankfully they've yet to test Cowie either but as the Kelty gamed showed so well, we're incapable of keeping it tight at the back for a whole game. They're bound to get at least one chance. I'd like to say the same for us but based on that we look like creating nothing. It surely can't be as bad in the second half? 

Regardless of the result, I've seen enough. Do not hire Murray as our manager BoD.