January transfer window

14 minutes ago, North British 2 said:

Hearing Ayr are signing somebody on January 1st . Be in the squad for Greenock . (Rumour)

Could be that Joao Balde from Hibs.

On loan at East Fife, and their manager was saying that he's signed for a Championship club so kept him out of their squad for the last game they played.

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Could be that Joao Balde from Hibs.

On loan at East Fife, and their manager was saying that he's signed for a Championship club so kept him out of their squad for the last game they played.

The lad is a DCM which we don't have at the moment but is he good enough . Don't know anything about him .

For me getting Hewitt back from loan would solve a couple of problems as he can fill in at RB and offers decent cover at CM - he's not a starter if everyone is fit, but is a decent option as back up.

Getting another CH in is top priority for me, getting a win at cove in the cup and a decent draw in the next round could get you the budget for another couple of players till the end of the season and I dont see us doing that with McGinty and McAlister at CH.

As has been said it then depends on our aspirations - if we want to win the league then your probably looking at 2 FB's, if we want top 4 Reading and Houston should be OK if they buck their ideas up a bit - they are decent enough CHampionship level players when they are playing well.

Up front we should have enough to see us through, obvs we need to keep Akinyimi first and foremost, and partnered with either McKenzie and Young has worked ok and out wide we have Mullins, Chalmers, O'connor, Ashford and JML so plenty of bodies. Maybe an AM and changing to a 4-3-3 would offer something different but may isolate Akinyimi. 

Our recruitment has been pretty good so far under the new team so hopefully a few rabbits out the hat in January

26 minutes ago, honestly united said:

For me getting Hewitt back from loan would solve a couple of problems as he can fill in at RB and offers decent cover at CM - he's not a starter if everyone is fit, but is a decent option as back up.

Getting another CH in is top priority for me, getting a win at cove in the cup and a decent draw in the next round could get you the budget for another couple of players till the end of the season and I dont see us doing that with McGinty and McAlister at CH.

As has been said it then depends on our aspirations - if we want to win the league then your probably looking at 2 FB's, if we want top 4 Reading and Houston should be OK if they buck their ideas up a bit - they are decent enough CHampionship level players when they are playing well.

Up front we should have enough to see us through, obvs we need to keep Akinyimi first and foremost, and partnered with either McKenzie and Young has worked ok and out wide we have Mullins, Chalmers, O'connor, Ashford and JML so plenty of bodies. Maybe an AM and changing to a 4-3-3 would offer something different but may isolate Akinyimi. 

Our recruitment has been pretty good so far under the new team so hopefully a few rabbits out the hat in January

I like the 442 and the thirty odd points it's provided us with but maybe we're a bit predictable now . A fourth centre half and a dcm or an acm would let us deploy the dreaded 532/352 to better effect . This would improve our wingbacks and give us an extra nan in Central midfield . Gives us more options .

40 minutes ago, North British 2 said:

I like the 442 and the thirty odd points it's provided us with but maybe we're a bit predictable now . A fourth centre half and a dcm or an acm would let us deploy the dreaded 532/352 to better effect . This would improve our wingbacks and give us an extra nan in Central midfield . Gives us more options .

My nan is 80 and is too old to play football.

9 hours ago, North British 2 said:

Hearing Ayr are signing somebody on January 1st . Be in the squad for Greenock . (Rumour)

Has Liam Grimshaw signed a new deal with Morton?  Would assume his contract is up on the 31st December and free to sign elsewhere just now.  Plays defensive mid and right back.

12 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Well aye, I’ve never claimed to know anything and my wording makes it clear that it’s all guesswork. 90% of the discussions on this forum relating to signings and contracts are based on guesswork. 

Guesswork that just involves a parade of straw-clutching (he didn't cost much; there might be a break clause!) is piss-poor club shill content though. Just take the L on the inevitable haddy signing.

2 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Has Liam Grimshaw signed a new deal with Morton?  Would assume his contract is up on the 31st December and free to sign elsewhere just now.  Plays defensive mid and right back.

He has not.

But no, you ain't signing him.

13 minutes ago, virginton said:

Guesswork that just involves a parade of straw-clutching (he didn't cost much; there might be a break clause!) is piss-poor club shill content though. Just take the L on the inevitable haddy signing.

I’ll keep that in mind for next time in case I upset you. 

Not. 

17 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

He has not.

But no, you ain't signing him.

Didn't think he had.  There been any rumours if anyone sniffing around?

18 minutes ago, virginton said:

Spending way too much time around English football twitter.

13 hours ago, North British 2 said:

I think this could all change due to the Alex Kirk situation being resolved months ahead of predicted absence 

18 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I think this could all change due to the Alex Kirk situation being resolved months ahead of predicted absence 

Hope so 

I’d say we still need a defender but I’d rather we didn’t have to find a replacement for Kirk. Did someone not say ages ago that we were linked with a centre back currently playing in the Premiership? Maybe Joe Shaughnessy is still available.