January transfer window

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

This topic needs pinned.

Queen’s Park give a four and half year contract to a 19 y-o Aaron Healy.

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/aaron-healy-officially-signs-for-queens-park/

I don't know but its almost as if there is some kind of longer term plan to develop young players rather than simply buy success 🙄

2 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

I didn't realise that signing one 19 year old negated paying players £1500 a week in the Gretna tribute act discussion.

I'm sure the likes of Simon Murray and Dom Thomas will be on decent money, but it would be disingenuous to overlook what the club is trying to do to develop our youth system and the players coming through it. It's being heavily invested in and some of the people involved have seriously impressive CVs.

Healy isn't the first prospect we've snapped up; Scott Williamson from Cambuslang Rangers, Grant Savoury from Peterhead, Patrick Jarrett released by Stoke u21s, Jake Davidson released by Dundee United, and Jack Thomson released by Rangers were all 21 or under when we picked them up and would have been perfectly affordable for anyone in this division.

3 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

I'm sure the likes of Simon Murray and Dom Thomas will be on decent money, but it would be disingenuous to overlook what the club is trying to do to develop our youth system and the players coming through it. It's being heavily invested in and some of the people involved have seriously impressive CVs.

Thanks for confirming that your Gretna mk.2 exercise in financial doping extends beyond the first team as well.