January transfer window

15 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Did they not turn down decent money from St Johnstone for Deas about a year ago? Bet they wish they’d taken it if so. 

£100k was the rumour, which we then went and spent on a different CB.

16 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Morton linked with Niall McGinn.

Almost certainly going to Glentoran though.

Good to hear that he's leaving us either way.

Where you heard either piece of info?

6 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Ours is sustainable while your Gretna style charade is not. 

I’ll bite

Ohh go on then, tell us how it isn’t sustainable. Lot of financial advisors on here seem certain we’re Gretna 2.0 

Even though it isn’t remotely similar 

Edited by qpfc

15 minutes ago, qpfc said:

I’ll bite

Ohh go on then, tell us how it isn’t sustainable. Lot of financial advisors on here seem certain we’re Gretna 2.0 

Even though it isn’t remotely similar 

Were you similarly railing against the "financial advisors" on football forums like this, for discussing and predicting Gretna's demise?

For Morton, I can see considerable movement both ways.

For me, I'd be looking to move on Hynes, Lithgow and Kabia if possible. First 2 not featured much and Kabia has been far too inconsistent to merit being involved every week. He's no chance at making it in the Premiership. Lithgow apparently has a Job away from football so might be happy agreeing a deal. Hynes needs to go down a few levels and play every week at his age.

Hoping we add another attacking mid, a striker and another winger. Crawford, Muirhead, Quitongo and McGrattan have all done well but we need competition for all of them. A strong bench could make all the difference.

If we do manage to move on 2/3 then hopefully we can add one or two more than what's mentioned above.

Concern I have is if we lose Strapp and Grimshaw( heard possibly Fleetwood) window. Both have been a key part of the best defence in the league and whilst Miller( should he sign) and Pigniatello are decent, they won't be as good as those 2.

If we get it right, we have a right good chance of top4. Dougie has generally signed very well so trust him to bring in the right players. Money is available by all accounts so time will tell.

7 hours ago, par-adise said:

Who has some jobbers to offload to an unsuspecting L1 team? Preferably wingers but given our squad depth we'll take just about anything.

Young lad Cammy Smith at Firhill, he has loads of potential but not getting enough game time. I would be as sad to see him go, as much as I was when Ross MacIver and Juan Alegria left. 

If transporting him through is an issue, I would be quite happy to drive him through.

Edited by Big Dan
Grammer

32 minutes ago, Big Dan said:

Young lad Cammy Smith at Firhill, he has loads of potential but not getting enough game time. I would be as sad to see him go, as much as I was when Ross MacIver and Juan Alegria left. 

If transporting him through is an issue, I would be quite happy to drive him through.

I’d happily take Cammy Smith back at Ayr but feel he may have burned his bridges with those at the club. 

I hope Smith is away somewhere. Wouldn’t be shocked to see him drop down a division since we probably won’t want to strengthen a rival. Shame for him and us that it’s not worked out given everyone knows he’s been good in this division before, but he’s done basically nothing in his spell here. 

Akinola will go back down south too, I think. A shame as he had an outstanding first 6 months for us, but not been the same in almost a year now and he seems right out the picture here.

I’d keep Hodson as well. He’s mediocre at best, but probably about as good as we’ll get to be a back up full back in this division, and he can cover a few positions with differing levels of competence. 

f**k knows about the Rangers loanees, I’d keep both of them as I think they both have uses in the squad but McKinnon has that rumour of being recalled and sold and Weston hasn’t had as much game time as he’d probably like, so who knows.

I haven’t heard any rumours at all, but I’d like at least another centre half, a wide option and a proper defensive midfielder. I think we’ll get the first two, but probably not the latter, and some crap loanee from somewhere thrown in too. 

At Morton I’d be happy to keep what we have apart from loanee Kabia who should be shipped back to Livi. I would also like to add some back-up in midfield and attack. I think we mainly need a no. 10 type to link midfield to attack, as there’s quite a gap there as far as I can see. Even a creative mid like a Dylan McGeoch or a Fraser Fyvie. They’re admittedly quite hard to come by as I cant think of any who may be available within our budget.