Dumbarton vs Stirling Albion

Outcome?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Outcome?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/01/23 at 15:00

Decent first half but poor second as both sides were out on their feet after an hour. Thought DY might have used more subs too.  Banner was solid for us in the middle and Ross Davidson was back to his enigmatic 'good first half terrible second half' shenanigans.  We're stumbling over the line just now but that's something like 17 games unbeaten so we'll take that all day long.  Great backing for the team again from our support 

Looked like Dumbarton set out with the sole task of taking a point to deny us winning the title on their patch so in that respect it was job done for the sons.  Ex bino div Wilson played well especially first half. Always liked him at Stirling although he was terribly inconsistent - a good technical player on his day though.

Will be nice to win the title formally at home though and on a Saturday. Bring it on. 

1 minute ago, unitedbino said:

Genuine Q - is that just the speed the Dumbarton GK plays at? Because it was exactly the same at Forthbank a few weeks ago. Two must-win matches for Dumbarton, so surely it's not actually time-wasting?

I'd imagine (just a guess) he's been told to slow the game down and possibly frustrate Albion.

2 minutes ago, unitedbino said:

Genuine Q - is that just the speed the Dumbarton GK plays at? Because it was exactly the same at Forthbank a few weeks ago. Two must-win matches for Dumbarton, so surely it's not actually time-wasting?

Brett's been the same all season. Even when we're losing then he usually goes at the same sort of pace. 

I think it became a self fulfilling prophecy for Stirling a wee bit. Their fans got quite hung up on it. I was watching the clock and it took 12 seconds between the ball going out of play and going live today for one in the first-half, at which stage a few Stirling fan's heads were looking likely to explode. Blair Currie had a couple in the second half that took a similar time. But I wouldn't have said that was time wasting either. Sometimes you just take a bit longer to settle things down, let guys get into position and set yourself for it. 

Anyway. I thought we played well tonight and you could see it was the top two sides in the division. It was far from as good a watch as the last meeting, but both sets of players left everything out there - and effort wise I don't think either set of fans could've asked for much more.

I can only echo the other comments about our star performers. Big Peter Grant was absolutely sensational and I hope we throw a permanent deal his way. Kalvin Orsi was great fun again too, a real threat and looks to be enjoying himself. If we're dishing out the two year deals then he has to be one of the top priorities to get tied down. He's terrific at this level.

Congratulations to the Binos on the title. The fact it's mid-April and you haven't lost since the week before I put my Christmas tree up is absolutely remarkable. About time you got yourself back to the big time. Or the lesser of the seaside leagues anyway! 

Perhaps next season, along with many things, Dumbarton should focus on making sure folk don’t duplicate the incredibly easy to copy “Postponed Match Vouchers”. 

That extra money could’ve paid a groundsman a decent wage. 

11 minutes ago, unitedbino said:

Felt quite anticlimactic tonight, when is a shame because had the game been played a few weeks ago I imagine there would have been fireworks. Not much in the match besides the two headed chances (one for each team).

We would have undoubtedly lost the match if played a couple of weeks ago so to that extent I’m glad we played out that dire draw tonight. Avoiding defeat was the key and perhaps a win would have only offered false hope. 

15 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Congratulations to the Binos on the title. The fact it's mid-April and you haven't lost since the week before I put my Christmas tree up is absolutely remarkable. About time you got yourself back to the big time. Or the lesser of the seaside leagues anyway! 

It is the perverse nature of football Jan that we could at last seal the title on a day we finally lose.   I'd prefer not to happen that way. but football can be a bitch.

5 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

It is the perverse nature of football Jan that we could at last seal the title on a day we finally lose.   I'd prefer not to happen that way. but football can be a bitch.

I was listening to Leyton Orient (I think) celebrating on the radio on the way home, and they'd done just that. Their unbeaten run only began in January though, pretty poxy really.

17 minutes ago, DCismyhero said:

Perhaps next season, along with many things, Dumbarton should focus on making sure folk don’t duplicate the incredibly easy to copy “Postponed Match Vouchers”. 

That extra money could’ve paid a groundsman a decent wage. 

Don’t worry, we made it back by scamming you out of a stream.

Edited by FifeSons

3 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Don’t worry, we made it back by scamming you out of a stream.

Guarantee there was less people watching the stream than used the counterfeit tickets. 

Again, just pay a groundsman. And you won’t have to worry about that happening again!

Peace out League 2 losers. 

17 minutes ago, DCismyhero said:

Guarantee there was less people watching the stream than used the counterfeit tickets. 

Again, just pay a groundsman. And you won’t have to worry about that happening again!

Peace out League 2 losers. 

@Cosmic Joeshall you tell him or shall I?

32 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

Congrats Binos but I do hope Annan do spoil the party on Sat. for no other reason we still need to consolidate 3rd. Spot

25 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I was listening to Leyton Orient (I think) celebrating on the radio on the way home, and they'd done just that. Their unbeaten run only began in January though, pretty poxy really.

You made me laugh with that one.  How many times would any of us have  been dancing through the turnstiles at the promise of an unbeaten run from January.

49 minutes ago, the philosopher said:

Congrats Binos but I do hope Annan do spoil the party on Sat. for no other reason we still need to consolidate 3rd. Spot

You always win at Forthbank, and as we have been poor for weeks now, I expect our unbeaten run will come to an untimely end.