🐟 🐟 Arbroath v The Caley 🔴 ⚫

Looks like another home game severely affected by strong winds - like most this season (that’s climate change for you). Normally I would hope to avoid conceding early since we’ve struggled to score against ICT but the wind factor (direction/and which half) makes it more of a lottery.  Hope the new intake of players can maintain the ‘fresh start’ feel to the new year.  

11 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Can I watch this game via Arbroath TV if I buy an international day pass? Also, who runs Arboath TV? It's miles ahead of what we have (f**k all).

But we have a guy with a Nokia 3310 taking pixilated videos from the back of the main stand which get shared online several days later showing only some of the goals. For this the club and many fans consider it acceptable quality of service and interactions. Not a surprise other clubs are not just years ahead when operating in a different mindset.

37 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Can I watch this game via Arbroath TV if I buy an international day pass? Also, who runs Arboath TV? It's miles ahead of what we have (f**k all).

Yes, but you may need some sort of vpn.  We also do an audio commentary option for UK based people.

Edited to add link:

https://arbroathfc.tv/

Edited by ExiledLichtie

51 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Think it’s DLR media. I think it’s great too. No idea on your question unfortunately. 

I would put Ricky back in for big Bitsindou and get the gang back together at the back. 

Gaston 

Oakley 

Little 

ToB

Hamilton 

Gold 

McKenna 

Balde 

Stewart

El Mhanni 

Adarkwa

Although could see Hetherington or Dow thrown in from the start. 

A bench of 

Gill

Bitsindou

Hetherington

Hoti 

Hilson

Linn

Dow

Absolutely blows previous weeks out the water in terms of squad depth 

Inverness be flying after last week so expect a really tough game. Weather seems fine too by the way. 13 mph winds with 22 gusts forecast.  

Edited by 1320Lichtie

50 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

But we have a guy with a Nokia 3310 taking pixilated videos from the back of the main stand which get shared online several days later showing only some of the goals. For this the club and many fans consider it acceptable quality of service and interactions. Not a surprise other clubs are not just years ahead when operating in a different mindset.

Agreed, it's a massive regression from even last season. They put all the goals up on youtube yesterday btw

3 hours ago, farflung lichtie said:

Looks like another home game severely affected by strong winds - like most this season (that’s climate change for you). Normally I would hope to avoid conceding early since we’ve struggled to score against ICT but the wind factor (direction/and which half) makes it more of a lottery.  Hope the new intake of players can maintain the ‘fresh start’ feel to the new year.  

Just drove past Gayfield. The flag is limp. Zero wind just now and no strong wind forecasted?

1 hour ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Can I watch this game via Arbroath TV

Yes, if you have a VPN you can watch the match and reg as an over seas viewer - very easy to do.

Also, I have a feeling Hilson is going to come on as a sub again and score - this is based on hope and nothing else.

Same line up as last week, with the exception of Ricky Little being back in the starting 11.

Prediction - home win.

2 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Agreed, it's a massive regression from even last season. They put all the goals up on youtube yesterday btw

The club just don't care anymore.  We went from having good highlights (including in the Covid seasons) to taking the platform down and having highlights from the back of the main stand to scrapping that too and going back to Pixellot.  Apparently two of the goals can't be shown because the camera was stuck on the halfway line.  Gardiner probably thinks it's 'not that bad' though which is all that matters...

42 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Apparently two of the goals can't be shown because the camera was stuck on the halfway line.  Gardiner probably thinks it's 'not that bad' though which is all that matters...

Which two would that be?

59 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

The club just don't care anymore.  We went from having good highlights (including in the Covid seasons) to taking the platform down and having highlights from the back of the main stand to scrapping that too and going back to Pixellot.  Apparently two of the goals can't be shown because the camera was stuck on the halfway line.  Gardiner probably thinks it's 'not that bad' though which is all that matters...

I have to say, of all the clubs I streamed games from during The Event, ICT were by far the worst.  And I'm including clubs that had technical problems.  Terrible pixellot camera, which you stuck with, placed too high and distant, buffeted by wind noise, and no commentary either.  Way behind all the other clubs.

18 minutes ago, sophia said:

Which two would that be?

Oh that's nice we do actually do have the usual 'proper' yet still garbage highlights.  I wonder why it took almost a week to upload proper highlights when after the game we treated to a dire selection of goals from Pixellot.  

33 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I have to say, of all the clubs I streamed games from during The Event, ICT were by far the worst.  And I'm including clubs that had technical problems.  Terrible pixellot camera, which you stuck with, placed too high and distant, buffeted by wind noise, and no commentary either.  Way behind all the other clubs.

No we didn’t. We streamed all games from last season from the tv gantry opposite the main stand, not using a pixellot camera. Our streamed games were one of the better in the division last year.

36 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Yes we were horrible but if you watched a game without commentary count yourself lucky - he was dire!  Gardiner said it 'wasn't that bad' though so what do we know?  Typically the coverage got much better when we allowed back into games and then we scrapped it for some reason.

Edited by Highland Capital

3 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

No we didn’t. We streamed all games from last season from the tv gantry opposite the main stand, not using a pixellot camera. Our streamed games were one of the better in the division last year.

Ah okay, my apologies.  I thought you were still using pixellot.