🐟 🐟 Arbroath v The Caley 🔴 ⚫

Had hoped the momentum from last week would still be in display - but that was dreadful.

Inverness were bossing midfield and our defence is very fragile.

Also lacking a cutting edge up front - no bite, no nothing.

Inverness deserved their won - all the momentum from last week blown out the water with a dull, uninspiring display of football.

Can we all now agree that our defensive midfielder Bitsondou is not a centre back?

I said a few months ago, and was slaughtered, but it might be time to consider Hamilton at centre back.  Our defence just isnt right.  ToB hasn't at any point this year looked like the same imperious player we've seen since he signed.  Is he still injured?  Unsettled?  Just lacking confidence?

I'm less annoyed by that game than I expected because I think the better team won.  We didnt have the wrong team out, we didn't shoot ourselves in the foot, we didn't lack ambition, we were just beaten by the better team today, and I can live with that.

We are desperately short of confidence though.  Second time in 2 games that we've conceded right near half time.

2 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

Inverness deserved winners today although we gave them a helping hand with the goals we conceded. McKenna getting 90 mins today is puzzling - he was atrocious.

I thought he was really good in the first half!  Back to the all action relentless player we all know and love.

1 minute ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Can we all now agree that our defensive midfielder Bitsondou is not a centre back?

I said a few months ago, and was slaughtered, but it might be time to consider Hamilton at centre back.  Our defence just isnt right.  ToB hasn't at any point this year looked like the same imperious player we've seen since he signed.  Is he still injured?  Unsettled?  Just lacking confidence?

I'm less annoyed by that game than I expected because I think the better team won.  We didnt have the wrong team out, we didn't shoot ourselves in the foot, we didn't lack ambition, we were just beaten by the better team today, and I can live with that.

We are desperately short of confidence though.  Second time in 2 games that we've conceded right near half time.

to be fair the 2nd goal was so offside  , i was rght in line , it was laughable , more worrying lino also in line and didnt see

On 06/01/2023 at 11:39, clashcityrocker said:

I expect there will be a few goals in this match - Arbroath will be on the attack from the get go.

The feel good factor is slowly returning to Gayfield  following last week's result against Dundee and the new signings look very impressive.

The pendulum is moving in Arbroath's favour and I think Arbroath could go on a good run of results - the momentum is building, with more new signings soon to be announced (including another striker).

Last week between the two teams they scored 10 goals - so expect a few goals in this game.

Predicting a home win - Inverness are a good team, but think the momentum is now with Arbroath.

The 2nd half of this season will be a very different Arbroath - can't see many teams leaving Gayfield with many points in 2023.

Quoted again for sheer mental optimism. 😂

9 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I thought he was really good in the first half!  Back to the all action relentless player we all know and love.

"All action mckenna" aka running about fouling people and then cunting the ball out of play when he tries to pass it 

There have been 2 constant major issues all season, (no matter who has played and in what position) - defensive frailty and lack of chances created. I couldn’t make today but, sounds like a combination of these two factors… again. According to the stats, we had one effort on target all game. No issue at all with being beaten by the better team but we can at least make it difficult for them.

Our problems are obviously far, far deeper than just the players on the park. What are they doing at training sessions? How are they being told to play? We, no doubt have some decent players but something is just fundamentally wrong.

Last 3 home games 1-5, 1-4, 1-4 says it all. Just like the previous glimmers of hope this season it’s 1 step forward and 2 steps back.

Again, I hope and hope that today was just a blip (yet again) and that Dick gets us out of this hole. Ach maybe next week…..

Cue the usual suspects accusing me of being all doom and gloom and having my knickers constantly in a twist. Pass the Cool-aid.

2 minutes ago, approximately dave said:

Sorry to say this as he is one of my favourite football managers, but could Dick Campbell's time be up at Arbroath?

Is McKenna done at this level?

Where are Arbroath going from here?

Mckenna was player of the championship last season and 1 of the best players on the park last week ffs. He’s not had a great season like multiple others in our squad.