Partick Thistle 2 🔴🟡 Vs Greenock Morton 1 ⚪️🔵

What are Morton fans thoughts on Blues these days? I know he certainly used to be a bit of a scapegoat. I thought yesterday he read the game very well and lost count of the number of interceptions he made but then I don't remember him doing anything overly positive with the ball once he won it?

49 minutes ago, Vril said:

Our midfield looked well off the pace today, with Muirhead & Quitongo pretty ineffective too.  Most frustrating was our willingness to sit off and let Partick have possession of the ball for long periods of the second half, to the point where I felt their winner was coning.  When we did have the ball we were pretty wasteful with it and made a lot of misplaced passes, as well as failing to pose much of a threat from set pieces.  Also seemed to lose out on every second ball.  

To that end I would say we probably got what we deserved from this game.  Some questionable refereeing decisions aren’t an excuse for putting in that sort of performance and losing to a fairly unimpressive team (albeit one who done more on the day to earn their win).

It’s been an impressive unbeaten run but had to come to an end some time.  Hopefully we get a couple more bodies in soon and can start a new one

It’s funny how we see the game differently. I could read most of that and think you were talking about us. After you equalised, I was sure there was only going to be one winner and wasn’t going to be us.

41 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Fully agree that they were much the better team in the second half and we should be focusing on our own f**k ups leading to that, but I don't think there was a deliberate choice to sit off in the second half as much as the players no longer having the legs to keep pressing so not being able to do anything else. You never know with 3 weeks between games whether the break is going to do you good with the players fresh as a result or if it's going to affect their sharpness, and it certainly seemed to be the latter with the way we tailed off in the last 20 minutes.

This is where we really need to start using the squad more. Since sorting ourselves out after the first game at Firhill we've had several instances where our only sub has been Kabia for McGrattan or vice versa, and now we have Miller taking the place of Kabia for that swap. Yesterday Quitongo and Muirhead were both clearly done in after 70 minutes while Blues and Crawford were also struggling to keep the intensity up. With 10 minutes to go Quitongo could hardly walk never mind run, but we didn't get Garrity ready to replace him until the corner before the winner.

If we'd had Garrity on for Quitongo and King for Blues or Crawford it might not have changed the result, but we'd certainly have managed to press the ball higher up the park. We have a small enough squad as it is without refusing to use subs when starters are done in.

Yeah it may well have been more a case of the players being tired as opposed to a tactical decision, but either way it was noticeable and extremely frustrating.  I agree that this would have been the right time to try and make some changes to inject a bit of energy into the team as that second half was brutal to watch.

26 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

What are Morton fans thoughts on Blues these days? I know he certainly used to be a bit of a scapegoat. I thought yesterday he read the game very well and lost count of the number of interceptions he made but then I don't remember him doing anything overly positive with the ball once he won it?

Until Imrie came in, Blues was never a player that impressed me but credit where it’s due to both him and the gaffer as he has really turned things around and become one of our most consistent performers to the point where very few if any ton fans would want to see him dropped.  

With regards to lack of positive contributions on the ball yesterday, you could level the same criticism towards at least half of our team so that might not be the best game to judge him on.  He does read the game well and compliments Gillespie & Crawford, as well as having a habit of popping up at the right time with the odd goal.  He is a decent finisher and good at making late runs into dangerous areas

Edited by Vril

Having watched the highlights, it seems the Thistle penalty was a very good decision by the ref. I was sitting fairly close and failed to spot it so did a number of players. Didn’t really see a Morton penalty shout in our highlights, Crawford went down at one point but he was never getting that, although Graham’s almost blatant dive in the 1st half was by far an even worse shout.

Good on Danny Mullen to have the confidence to try an overhead kick at that point in the game, but unfortunately for him it looks a Baird O.G to me. 

The handball is a good spot by the ref but from the highlights both Bannigan and Fitzpatrick are appealing for it

image.png.f6a79dbc84749cea0c5b8e88900a0dac.png

Second goal definitely an OG as well, quite the brass neck on Mullen to claim it. Slo-mo from 30 second onwards on this video shows it clearly

Edited by Fuctifano

20 hours ago, Reid said:

Embarrassing stuff for Imrie cutting about wearing those chinos all day.

20 hours ago, jagfox said:

I hope Dougie, his dog shite chinos and the hospitality Ton lads have a lovely evening. 

19 hours ago, I Clavdivs said:

Dougie and his wee boy drainpipes .

18 hours ago, baba douche said:

NOT a good look 😐 

18 hours ago, ALJAGS76 said:

Dougie Imrie deserved senylt off for his attire. 

18 hours ago, Doolan9 said:

in his horrific chinos 

18 hours ago, I Clavdivs said:

Nick of them spray ons !

17 hours ago, jagfox said:

Chinos, chinos get to f**k 😂😂

12 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

"What is the charge? 

Wearing Chinos? 

Succulent Primark Chinos?" 

😳 you luvvies don’t half work hard at keeping up the stereotype, don’t you?? Although gawd alone knows why…….  🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

3CAB3DC0-037E-48BE-8313-53B980726358.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

😳 you luvvies don’t half work hard at keeping up the stereotype, don’t you?? Although gawd alone knows why…….  🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

3CAB3DC0-037E-48BE-8313-53B980726358.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Ah,the Wildean wit of the Port.Spending your Sunday afternoon cutting and pasting other people’s  quotes and ending up with a Heehaw sandwich ….back under yer duvet ya sad clown .

Edited by I Clavdivs
Mistake

35 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

The Morton forum makes for some really delicious reading this afternoon. Our very own Toby’s contribution being a particular highlight.

Know your place Greenock Morton.

Thanks for the tip. They're a classy bunch...

image.png.c95daa9b0aa641b767079b8d8e7cbcef.png

image.png.c41c38fa81c6c0c6f3047ee878f8594f.png

image.png.d1262ce00728cab739337f5fcbbcb6bc.png

chiellini.jpg

10 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

chiellini.jpg

Nice reading I didn't believe you hated us that much but hatred like that makes the win all the sweeter big Brian is a great guy and if McCall gets the bullet in the future big Brian will get his job

27 minutes ago, colliedug said:

Nice reading I didn't believe you hated us that much but hatred like that makes the win all the sweeter big Brian is a great guy and if McCall gets the bullet in the future big Brian will get his job

Talented striker who’s made a decent career for himself, but the blatant elbowing endangering an opponent needs calling out and that’s what Imrie took exception with (he did the exact same to O’Connor in the 2nd half too). 

2 hours ago, Vril said:

Yeah it may well have been more a case of the players being tired as opposed to a tactical decision, but either way it was noticeable and extremely frustrating.  I agree that this would have been the right time to try and make some changes to inject a bit of energy into the team as that second half was brutal to watch.

I think it’s a bit of both. We have 10 players (including the keeper) who start every game, a very few of whom may be replaced very late in the match. This may become 11 with Miller replacing McGrattan. Unlike most, of not all, our rival clubs, none of these players have a competitor for their place in the starting eleven. This means we are maybe asking too much of these players, don’t have enough options to change things and we that predictability is possibly making the opposition management’s preparations easier. I’m hoping the reason we’ve just released several players is to make way for replacements who are of similar standard to our current first picks, therefore can challenge for a starting place or influence the game from the bench, preferably with something different. Dundee brought on 3 attack minded subs against Raith Rovers at half-time on Friday and they changed the game. I’m not suggesting we could finance that sort of squad, but something a bit more competitive than our current set-up would be welcome.

3 hours ago, VictorOnopko said:

chiellini.jpg

Absolutely fabulous how seething virginton gets on his teams forum but you won’t hear a peep from him on here where everyone else will laugh at him. 

The definition of a pathetic loser. 

A very strange bunch in general . Only relevant when we play them or when they suffer some mishap.

Whereas they are like Clyde fans trying to create some kind of rivalry when there isn't one there 

Tinpot FC. 

Just seen the highlights and I think the ref got both major decisions right.

At the time, no morton fan had any idea why it was given but from the highlights, it's a clear handball. Why Gillespie puts his hands up, I've no idea.

Don't think it was a pen on Crawford either, throws himself to the ground. Was slightly sandwiched but not enough contact to go down for me.

Highlights didn't show the clear pull on O'connor last min which could easily have been given from my view.

Frustrating to lose that as thought we deserved a point, but at the same time, should have defended the last few minutes better than we did.