The big ol' Buddies - Jambos double header.

33 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Bit miffed that there's a lot a Saints fans saying it wasn't a red.

We'd be absolutely telling Hearts fans to suck it up if it was the other way about just like we were doing a couple of weeks ago against Livi.

It was 100% a red card, no questions asked. My bone of contention though is that it was our free kick and the free kick was given to us before the offence happened, so the should have stood. But then there were a few strange ones like that yesterday. Another was a St. Mirren player just outside the box attempting to pass it to another Saints player and it hitting the ref who then proceeded to give an uncontested drop ball in Hearts' favour about 22 yards from their goal when it should have been a St. Mirren drop.

I was the other end of the park, but I thought our CH kicked it off the ref while trying to clear.

The free kick should've been St Mirrens at the death, I said the same thing to my brother at the time.

21 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

I was the other end of the park, but I thought our CH kicked it off the ref while trying to clear.

The free kick should've been St Mirrens at the death, I said the same thing to my brother at the time.

I was 100% sure it was Olusanya who knocked it back out the way and it hit the ref.

Standing back and watching ranks of Hearts fans go tonto over a point we agree on, that Fraser's red card is deserved, only underlines why people think of Hearts fans like they do.

Can't imagine the state they'll be in on Friday.

:D

3 hours ago, Ric said:

Standing back and watching ranks of Hearts fans go tonto over a point we agree on, that Fraser's red card is deserved, only underlines why people think of Hearts fans like they do.

Can't imagine the state they'll be in on Friday.

:D

Whereas your contributions have been measured and rational. ;)

40 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Can't say I'm looking forward to Friday given Saints injuries and suspensions we really are down to the bare bones for this one. Straight forward home win for Hearts Betfred has Hearts at 19/20 some money to be made . 

Yeah must admit, I've got the fear a bit for this one too. All the more reason why we should've made Friday count when we had the chance.

Looking forward to a trip to the Capital, a fantastic day out and even better that it's on a Friday night.

We will definitely be without Erhahon, Fraser and Dunne (all suspended) plus Tait (long term injured).

Much will depend on whether the other injured pair of Gallagher and Strain make it.

If they are both fit then we could go with Gallagher, Joe and Gogic at the back without having to throw Taylor in for his debut but with Ethan out I think I'd prefer Gogic in the middle of the park as I think he offers us more protection than Kiltie does.

If Gallagher doesn't make it we will have little choice but to start Taylor and throw him in alongside Joe and Gogic, with Kiltie playing in the middle.

If Strain doesn't make it then Flynn will need to play RWB, I don't think we really have any other option.

It's not a bad side, but potentially starting without any of our first choice three centre backs is far from ideal, let's be honest!

Kingsley and Halliday should be available again and Haring could have an outside chance. Add to that we will likely bring Oda, Kuol and Hill into the squad and we all of a sudden have some real options and depth. 

We have to start this game at the right tempo, when we moved it quickly we caused St Mirren far more problems. first half was so slow and pedestrian and easy to shut down. I think if we get an early goal we could win relatively comfortably.

I had no idea why this thread was rumbling on, then I remembered that we get a second bite of the apple.....! 

Gotta fancy Hearts at home, particularly as St Mirren now have an additional suspension. 

Playing the same opposition back to back must be interesting for each sets of coaching teams - does RN stick with the second half team set up, or do something else?

Can't see past a Hearts win, given they've just signed two new players and seem to have a couple of their injured players back.

If we could get Ayunga back, then I reckon him and Main could get some change out of their central defence.

Elsewhere, it all hinges on Gallagher being fit. If he is then we'll have more options regarding both defence and midfield.

I doubt that Strain will make it, as it looked as if he was in a fair bit of pain and groin injuries tend not to be the quickest to clear up.

Looks like our bench will consist mostly of our development squad.

Erhahon and Fraser need their arses kicked in particular.