The big ol' Buddies - Jambos double header.

12 hours ago, Munoz said:

My seat is on the halfway line (not literally), i can assure you the vast majority didn't respect it.

FFS, doing an audit of respectfulness levels of visiting fans during a minutes applause.😂

16 hours ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Fraser is already in the air, hurdling over Olusanya, before Grant even goes for the ball?

Where the f**k is he supposed to land?

Pretty much the same argument used by Livi fans over the Pittman red card, seeing it on TV I can't see why anyone would expect anything different - guess players are going to have to be more careful now.

Pretty sure it wouldn't have been a red card back in 86. :angel

2 hours ago, Falcor Roar said:

Since St Mirren fans decided to become pant wetting, hand wringing grief merchants I suppose? It's straight from the OF victim playbook.

Maybe some of us are too worried about the thousands of annual deaths caused by the Tsetse fly to care about Frank McGarvey. 

Hearts fans are generally quite good at these tributes to dead people  but, admittedly, not always 

The exceptions have been Princess Diana, Pope John Paul II, Queen Elizabeth II and Frank McGarvey

if the McGarvey family are offended by this then they can, at least, take some solace from the fact that he’s in such prestigious  company 

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

IMO it just makes you look a like an arsehole if you can't clap for one minute, at a football match for a football player who has died. Irrespective whether he's a player at your club or the opposition.

I disagree. I have no problem if individuals are sitting silently during an applause.  I believe sitting silently should be inoffensive to everyone bar those seeking to be offended.

These applauses are only used for divisive individuals to drown out any potential booing.  I'm delighted that it went so well and if there was any booing, it was minimal.

The game.

Fraser's red is sadly a red. We can all see that it wasn't intentional. If it was, he'd have made far more contact with the Hearts player who went to the ground. That said, when he's "coming down" he could have made more effort to avoid landing on him. Ultimately the initial fault is that of the Hearts player, they went to ground and put themselves into a dangerous position, but the simple fact is that Fraser made contact and I think that's all that matters. Not sure if we will appeal, I doubt it because it's clear we are not flush just now and there is no need to throw a couple of thousand pounds in a futile effort.

In terms of the play, I think everyone called it about right. Under Robinson we are a counter attack team. While it does make possession stats look very uneven, nobody can claim it's a strategy that hasn't worked. We were miles ahead in the first half, but struggled in the second. Is a draw a fair result? Hmm, just about, imo. A lot have said we should have been more goals ahead by half time, and I do agree with them, but I feel the game would have played out the same. I've got a feeling if we had popped in a couple more and finished the half 3-0, it felt like a game that still would have ended 3-3.

Olysana is again a point of contention, I'll admit I'm not sold on the lad. Who knows, maybe Robinson will get something out of him, but depending on who is in the midfield once the window closes, it might be an idea to give him 6 months in the Championship.

I'd expect us to line up the same on Friday and pretty much continue from where we left off, injuries/suspensions are going to hamper us, but let's hope it's the first half performance (from both teams) we see, not the second half's.

I find the hate from Hearts' fans hilarious, and always have. When living in Edinburgh, it never failed to get me smiling when some diet popped up to give me mouthful because their team failed to win a game that had nothing to do with St Mirren and they failed to do that.. what... nearly 40 years ago? Some of them really are small-minded whiny diets who, like Trump supporters or QAnon fools, are desperate to create some gaslighting narrative that someone other than them are at fault for, well.. their failure.

There are some decent Hearts fans on here, though, and to be fair when in Edinburgh I did find a few that were decent chat, but the vast majority of them seem to have some delusion complex. We all know why they are called diets, the similarity is stunning; that combination of arrogance and cognitive dissonance. 

The whole clapping/not clapping, I couldn't care less to be honest. If they want to look like clowns for 'celebrating the death' then that says a lot about them than anything else. They are damning a guy's life for literally not playing in the game that lost Hearts the title. How small minded can you get? Take the fucking blame lads, you lost it, it's your fault, not anyone else's.

Now for a bit of disclosure, I did celebrate the death of Thatcher, so I'm not saying enjoying the death of someone heinous or hateful is not an issue for me, albeit misanthropy, but McGarvey is no Thatcher.

Edited by Ric

13 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

FFS, doing an audit of respectfulness levels of visiting fans during a minutes applause.😂

I knew before the game what the "respectfulness levels" would be given who we were playing. 

Scum.

Just now, Ric said:

I find the hate from Hearts' fans hilarious, and always have. When living in Edinburgh, it never failed to get me smiling when some diet popped up to give me mouthful because their team failed to win a game that had nothing to do with St Mirren and they failed to do that.. what... nearly 40 years ago? Some of them really are small-minded whiny diets who, like Trump supporters or QAnon fools, are desperate to create some gaslighting narrative that someone other than them are at fault for, well.. their failure.

There are some decent Hearts fans on here, though, and to be fair when in Edinburgh I did find a few that were decent chat, but the vast majority of them seem to have some delusion complex. We all know why they are called diets, the similarity is stunning; that combination of arrogance and cognitive dissonance. 

Most of the 86 stuff has come from us.

Tynecastle is by far and away the best stadium in Scotland last season I was in your new main stand . Was very impressed with the seat a proper luxury squashy seat. Was I sitting in a special area or are all seats the same in the main stand ? As an away fan visiting the SMISA Stadium or lego-land as I call it what's your take visiting us  ? 

Just now, btb said:

Most of the 86 stuff has come from us.

On this thread? Perhaps, not in the past and certainly not IRL.

I spent 5 years living in Edinburgh, if the person I was speaking to was a Hearts fan, and they found out I was a St Mirren fan, it was a good chance I'd get some comment about it, accompanied by OF levels of whining and whataboutery.

Thankfully I lived in Leith, so I was removed from most of the diets.

1 minute ago, ZingaliMan said:

Tynecastle is by far and away the best stadium in Scotland last season I was in your new main stand . Was very impressed with the seat a proper luxury squashy seat. Was I sitting in a special area or are all seats the same in the main stand ? As an away fan visiting the SMISA Stadium or lego-land as I call it what's your take visiting us  ? 

I quite like it. It's obviously a newer stadium so lacks that bit of character of older grounds, but you get a good view, it carries a good atmosphere and you've been sensible in not trying to make it too big and have lots of empty spaces everywhere. 

Just now, Tony Wonder said:

An absolutely mental take 😂

You seem to be cherry picking a specific point out of a lengthy paragraph. Fair enough, but I'm right. I'm saying the player put himself in a dangerous position. Standing up, safe, going to ground, not safe.

It's not the player's fault Fraser happened to be in mid air when he did that, and I've said the red card is merited, but he would not have been landed on if he hadn't gone to ground.

4 minutes ago, Ric said:

You seem to be cherry picking a specific point out of a lengthy paragraph. Fair enough, but I'm right. I'm saying the player put himself in a dangerous position. Standing up, safe, going to ground, not safe.

It's not the player's fault Fraser happened to be in mid air when he did that, and I've said the red card is merited, but he would not have been landed on if he hadn't gone to ground.

It's the St Mirren players fault, full stop.

I'm also unsure how the conclusion is reached that it wasn't intentional other than he's your player and you don't want to admit it.

In real time it shows he's made a conscious decision to jump over his own player when the tackle is already won. He may well have pulled out a bit on the way down, but it's obvious he's seen the red mist and jumped in with intent. It's not an accident to jump into someone like that.

4 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

So, let me get this straight - Grant saw Fraser in mid air, and thought 'I'm totally going to put my leg under that boy's studs' ? 

Don't go to ground, or you deserve stamped on apparently. 

12 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

It's the St Mirren players fault, full stop.

I'm also unsure how the conclusion is reached that it wasn't intentional other than he's your player and you don't want to admit it.

In real time it shows he's made a conscious decision to jump over his own player when the tackle is already won. He may well have pulled out a bit on the way down, but it's obvious he's seen the red mist and jumped in with intent. It's not an accident to jump into someone like that.

I don't think you are getting me. Just to be clear here, Tony, to avoid confusion, I'm not suggesting Fraser shouldn't get a red, I'm just saying the guy wouldn't have been landed on if he wasn't lying on the ground after making the decision to lie on the ground.

btw, thanks for the "it's obvious he's seen the red mist and jumped in with intent" comment, not only is it quite clear if there was intent he would have done a "better job than he did", it only underlines how Hearts fans seem to see things differently to other people... ;)

Edited by Ric

5 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

What to do st mirren fans think Fraser was attempting to do - was he trying to stamp on the ball? Or the turf? 

I think it's pretty obvious what he's trying to do, he's hurdling Olysana, and the space where he's going to land has now been taken up by a Hearts player who decides to go to ground. Now, could Fraser have made more of an attempt to not land on him? Probably, I mean... I think I would have been able to. You know what it's like when you are falling, you have cat-like reflexes. I am pretty sure he could have twisted his body so that he still landed on the lad but not feet first. None of us are Fraser, so who knows exactly what he sees and in turn decides to do.

What we can see is a player who clearly doesn't dive in with intent, it's just not a stamp in the Roy Keane sense, but imo.. we also see a player that isn't 100% committed to not landing on the opponent. As I say, there is no real arguing the red.