Celtic v Kilmarnock

Thought we started the first half well enough. Would like to see our penalty claims back but after that Aussie eejit was in the papers this week moaning about refs at length I wouldn't expect to get one anyway.

Totally restricted Celtic to just the one easy shot in the first half and in our own attacks had chances that were just as dangerous, hitting the bar and then Taylor's header just over. Thought we really stopped them going through the lines and forced them out wide for harmless crosses that we could deal with all day.

I was watching the clock tick to the end of the first half when suddenly we have a catalogue of errors culminating in Walker failing to collect a routine ball and Celtic opening the scoring. 

So, so frustrating. If you get it in 0-0 at HT having frustrated them it's half the job done. Such a shite time to concede. 

Second half was only ever going to go one way. First half I thought the midfield trio too often panicked and treated the ball like a hot potato, or the opposite, dawdling on the ball and losing it in bad positions. Second half that only got worse and we werent anything like clever enough in possession. 

In the end it could have been 3 or 4. From opposite end it looked like Forrest who hit it at Walker then struck the post. Couldnt believe he didnt score from that. 

Hopefully today has given Derek some things to think over for next week and with a few tweaks to tactics and personnel we can make life really difficult for them. Cup fitba, you just never know...

Kilmarnock were very Mcinnesesque yesterday. Our intensity didn't really pick up till we were chasing after a third . Vassell I thought was decent enough considering he looked like a totally jobber signing on paper.

Edited by gannonball

Poor first half better second half,Killie time-wasting from the first minute with VAR helping them get back into shape for the next Celtic attack, glad we got the goal before half-time.
Bemabei was shocking in the first-half giving the ball away with every touch but the ball he put through for Maeda for the first goal was perfect credit for that, Johnston was my MOTM looks a player,the subs in the second half made a difference to the pace of the game hitting the woodwork 4 or 5 times especially the header from GG very unlucky not to score.
Killie relying on set-plays and long throws plus the number 23 going down easy with every contact,Robinson was their best player IMO.

Edited by wastecoatwilly

1 hour ago, the west curve said:

The ref handed the points to Celtic. Killie were denied two blatant penalties from a very biased referee. Have they been told not to give decisions against Celtic this week? 

Nice narrative but neither were a penalty, to suggest they were blatant is frankly absurd. I suggest you f**k off to Rangers media or the like

Edited by gannonball

9 hours ago, gannonball said:

Kilmarnock were very Mcinnesesque yesterday. Our intensity didn't really pick up till we were chasing after a third . Vassell I thought was decent enough considering he looked like a totally jobber signing on paper.

I take it Vassell is the big lump of wid up top,he shat it every time CCV or Starfelt got close to him didn't know what to do with the ball so went down every chance he got,no link up play no shots on target.

On 07/01/2023 at 19:18, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Not much happening in here. The ref must have given Celtic every decision they wanted.

No one was sent off, or should have been for that matter. Thus St Mirren fans are not involved, and the fact they’ve never had a player rightfully sent off  they are silent…..

Edited by NFL12

3 hours ago, NFL12 said:

No one was sent off, or should have been for that matter. Thus St Mirren fans are not involved, and the fact they’ve never had a player rightfully sent off  they are silent…..

Eh? :unsure2:

13 hours ago, the west curve said:

The ref handed the points to Celtic. Killie were denied two blatant penalties from a very biased referee. Have they been told not to give decisions against Celtic this week? 

Aye our turn. Rangers was last week.