Celtic v Kilmarnock

The first of a Celtic v Killie double header, part one being the league match at Celtic Park before the League Cup semi final at Hampden the following week. 

No disrespect to Kilmarnock in saying bookies will have us as huge favourites for both games but, we have made hard work of recent home wins against Dundee United, Ross County and Motherwell so no room for complacency here, it's been a bit of a mixed bag from Kilmarnock on their return to the top flight but still have some capable players in their side who can cause problems should our players have an off day. 

Hopefully a routine home win like the one against St Johnstone on Xmas Eve, 3-1 to Angeball with Kyogo, Abada and Hatate bagging the goals. 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Yep, no room for complacency here. 

zack morris wink GIF

There's no room for complacency in any professional football fixture,  Celtic will be heavy odds on favourites to win this match but, if they come out with a slack attitude it could bite them on the arse.

Yes, this will almost certainly be a home win but my sentiment is about respecting your opponent and not taking anything for granted, a criticism thrown at many fans of Celtic and Rangers on this forum and in social media in general. 

16 minutes ago, flood said:

Craigiebioy is deaf. He does well despite…

Fair enough I didn’t know that never having any interaction with him so I’ve deleted the post if perceived to be offensive 🙏 however it still doesn’t make any sense as to why you wouldn’t play a full strength side in both games? Surely you want to try get something from both games? If the cup game was midweek fair enough but not the next weekend.

Edited by Jinky67

Just now, Jinky67 said:

Fair enough I didn’t know that however it still doesn’t make any sense as to why you wouldn’t play a full strength side in both games? Surely you want to try get something from both games? If the cup game was midweek fair enough but not the next weekend.

Most killie fans I know agree….If we were to pick one game to win, it would be next week. 

Just now, flood said:

Most killie fans I know agree….If we were to pick one game to win, it would be next week. 

Like I said it makes no sense to me, we aren’t a particularly physical team where your players have a higher propensity to be hurt or injured and there is a weeks respite. I would have thought getting some sort of result considering league position would be pretty valuable also

Fortune favours the brave and all that.