Coaching Carousel 2023

lichtie23

17 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Last 2 coaches only got 2 year IIRC. And is this their 3rd in a row who is a “minority” coach ? 

I meant whether or not they'll give him more than one year before firing him, not the contract.

Can't imagine any coach would sign 1 year HC'ing contract under anything other than an agreed interim situation, because it immediately puts you in dead-duck territory. Chargers habitually extended their coaches in their second-to-last contract year for that very reason.

29 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

I meant whether or not they'll give him more than one year before firing him, not the contract.

Can't imagine any coach would sign 1 year HC'ing contract under anything other than an agreed interim situation, because it immediately puts you in dead-duck territory. Chargers habitually extended their coaches in their second-to-last contract year for that very reason.

They’ve given him a 6 year deal 

• 2 weeks later...

Bieniemy switching to OC of the Commanders makes sense. He's been overshadowed by Andy Reid for far too long and needs to shake the perception that he's just riding on Reid's coattails. Installing his own O and calling plays should, if it's a success, be the final piece in landing himself an HC gig. I can't recall a guy going to so many interviews over the years and not actually getting a job. Maybe Mike Zimmer. I think two things have worked against Bieniemy in the past, namely the historic trouble he's been in with the police, and that granting him a perfunctory interview satisfies the Rooney Rule. Time for him to stand on his own two feet.

Edited by Boo Khaki