Coaching Carousel 2023

lichtie23

With black Monday on the horizon let’s look at some of the potential coaching changes that will take place over the next few weeks. 

The Colts, Broncos and Panthers all currently have interim head coaches. I can’t see Jeff Saturday getting the job on a full time basis in Indy after what I seen from them in their loss to the Giants. The Panthers improved under Steve Wilks so he could get a chance in Carolina. I don’t think the Broncos will stick with Jerry Rosburg.

I could see Kliff Kingsbury getting the boot in Arizona and Lovie Smith only lasting 1 year in Houston. Could the end of season collapse see Ron Rivera shown the door in Washington? 

49ers DC DeMeco Ryan’s seems to be the hot name on the internet for getting a HC job this summer. Eagles OC Shane Steichen is another name being touted to get some attention. Is it too late for Chiefs OC Eric Bienimy to get a chance after missing out on numerous occasions in the past? A few other names include….

Bills OC - Ken Dorsey
Patriots LB Coach - Jerrod Mayo 
Former Saints HC - Sean Payton
Michigan HC - Jim Harbaugh
Giants OC - Mike Kafka
Cowboys DC - Dan Quinn
Cowboys OC - Kellen Moore
Bengals OC - Brian Callahan 

Have seen Dan Quinn mentioned a lot for the Broncos. There's a feeling that a Coach looking for their first Head Cosching job in the NFL wouldn't touch them with a bargepole, so maybe a second time around guy like Quinn.

Colts or Texans for Sean Payton? Probably cost them a 1st Rounder plus to the Saints. He could still Draft a QB for those teams.

Ryans seems to have his choice of job.

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

Sean McVay to take time after the season to consider his future 

And some rumours are that it doesn't just mean with the Rams, that he might be considering chucking it altogether to go into broadcasting with Amazon allegedly ready to make him part of their Thursday night football coverage.

4 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Vrabel maybe in a bit of bother after missing the playoffs? 

Difficult one to judge. His career record suggests he's perfectly competent, but they do play in a shite division and a 7 game skid shouldn't happen to anyone. A lot has been made about injuries wrecking their season, but the Offense was keek even at 100% and they only topped 24 points once all year.

I mentioned a couple of weeks back I think they're in a tough spot as a franchise. If they fire a reasonably competent HC they run the risk of hiring a muppet and turning into a binfire, but having said that they look like they are going nowhere fast anyway, and Vrabel is the sort of guy who will coach a poor team to 7-8 wins every year and prevent them being able to draft the real top talent, so 🤷🏿‍♂️