Dundee 🔵⚪️ vs Partick Thistle 🔴🟡 Tuesday 28 February

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

No, it's not. It was listed as 60-40 in Partick Thistle's favour at HT. It changed, slightly, in our favour afterwards but I wouldn't say even enough to tilt it in our favour as a percentage overall.

Phew, I think if that were true it would've been even more embarrassing than the result & performance!

11 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I didn't watch so I haven't a clue, but surely that's not right?

May as well have been 9%, because we did absolutely nothing with the ball when we did have it anyway. Sweeney striding about on the half-way line under no pressure, string of dark blue shirts camped across the edge of the Partick box, all of them marked up, nobody looking for it, hoof....

The endless back and forward between McGuire and Sweeney was soul-destroying. It's like they didn't realise they were a goal behind for most of the game, and the midfield totally hid from the ball all night long. :bag

7 hours ago, Doolan9 said:

I think on paper we should have enough in attack to be title contenders but keeping McCall as long as we did, is what has in my opinion still leaves us just that little bit to far out of achieving 1st place. I agree with a similar sentiment as a lot of Dundee fans on here that it’s actually frustrating to be 7 points off the top in such a shite league with the squad we have. There won’t for a long time be  a worse championship standard and I can’t help but think thistle too have blown a great opportunity to have pulled away this season after such a great start. Had MCCall been binned during that 6 game losing streak I think we might have had a better chance. Doolan at least got us going in the right direction again but I think unfortunately Queen’s Park aren’t going to let go and both us and you lot will have to battle it out for 2nd.

Not taking anything away from what Doolan has done so far, but it has been with a near full strength squad.(McCall had us top with a full strength squad). His problems started when we got injuries to several key players all at once and he couldn’t get performances from the 2nd string. It’s early days for Doolan. At the minute, we are still trying to get a playoff spot, never mind 2nd.

9 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

Not taking anything away from what Doolan has done so far, but it has been with a near full strength squad.(McCall had us top with a full strength squad). His problems started when we got injuries to several key players all at once and he couldn’t get performances from the 2nd string. It’s early days for Doolan. At the minute, we are still trying to get a playoff spot, never mind 2nd.

This. The difference when we have a full-strength lineup (esp if Tiffony and Graham are both on the pitch at the same time) is stark.

7 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Queen's Park have taken 11 points out of the last 24. We've (including tonight) taken 9. I absolutely think the league is for the taking - for pretty much anyone down to yourselves. One team finally gets their act together and they'll win this league - at an absolute canter as the footballing gods intended when creating such a soft as shite league this season.

Misery beckons for those that fail to take advantage of it by the time next season rolls around.

If Queen's replicate that mediocre form over the last 10 they'll end up on 60/61, which is about the maximum I could possibly see us making. If Queen's can get to 65 they're pretty much safe from us. 

38 minutes ago, baba douche said:

I'm glad that Superstar Zac Rudden didn't come on and rip us apart last night.

I can only assume he's injured, as he's the best striker in the league if fit. We really lost out when Dundee stole him from us...

Punted to Perth mate.

38 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I don't get it? Was that to try and make us more seething than we already are? Rudden was shite.

Not aimed at you mate, but some people were giving it the Billy Big Baws about how you just took him from us because you're The Dundee, and wouldn't accept we weren't that bothered. 

Was never the player some people thought, but he keeps failing upwards (if St Johnstone  could be classed as 'upwards').

I thought at the time that Rudden and Graham were a very complimentary partnership, but that the circumstances in which Rudden would thrive were much more limited / specific than Graham. In short, Graham was perfect to bring out the best in Rudden / hide his limitations. 

9 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Queen's Park have taken 11 points out of the last 24. We've (including tonight) taken 9. I absolutely think the league is for the taking - for pretty much anyone down to yourselves. One team finally gets their act together and they'll win this league - at an absolute canter as the footballing gods intended when creating such a soft as shite league this season.

Misery beckons for those that fail to take advantage of it by the time next season rolls around.

That's not quite right, we've taken 14 from our last possible 24 points. I think you're probably including our Challenge Cup game against Raith there.

If you extend that back another 2 games we've taken 20 from 30 (the same number available to everyone now for the remainder of the season) which is the best in the league over that period of time.

Fairly confident this will go right down to the last couple of games regardless of who it comes down to, but I'd obviously rather be in our position than anyone else's.

2 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

But it's been nowhere near a full strength squad.

Our (first) bad run, when we lost 5 on the bounce conceding 3 or more per game, was largely precipitated by an injury to Holt. For much of this spell, the injury list wasn't as bad as made out (e.g., the starting line-up in our 4-0 loss to QP had a defence including Milne, Muirhead and McMillan (Brownlie on the bench), and a forward line of Tiff, BG and Lawless (Mullen and Dowds on the bench). The game that started that run (away to Inverness) had much the same starting line-up but with Holt available).

Holt has been unavailable the past two games. Holt's replacement on Saturday (Brownlie) was unavailable yesterday. Dools has not been able to name the same centre-back pairing in his 3 games.

Against Ayr last week, there was no Graham and Dowds went off after 7 mins. Graham wasn't considered fit enough to start on Saturday.

Another McCall favourite (Smith) has also been injured (although many or most would argue that this is to the side's benefit).

1 hour ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

But it's been nowhere near a full strength squad.

Our (first) bad run, when we lost 5 on the bounce conceding 3 or more per game, was largely precipitated by an injury to Holt. For much of this spell, the injury list wasn't as bad as made out (e.g., the starting line-up in our 4-0 loss to QP had a defence including Milne, Muirhead and McMillan (Brownlie on the bench), and a forward line of Tiff, BG and Lawless (Mullen and Dowds on the bench). The game that started that run (away to Inverness) had much the same starting line-up but with Holt available).

Holt has been unavailable the past two games. Holt's replacement on Saturday (Brownlie) was unavailable yesterday. Dools has not been able to name the same centre-back pairing in his 3 games.

Against Ayr last week, there was no Graham and Dowds went off after 7 mins. Graham wasn't considered fit enough to start on Saturday.

Another McCall favourite (Smith) has also been injured (although many or most would argue that this is to the side's benefit).

I accept the team vs QP was pretty much up to strength. It turned on Muirhead’s missed penalty. Who knows the result if he had scored. Inverness - we played with 10 men for most of the game after Turner got sent off. But from that point in the season until the Cove game you could look at the starting line ups and there would be at least 3 key players missing in the games we lost. Things looked like they had turned in December after the Board changed, but something happened in January. 

Dundee second best all over the park tonight from the first whistle. Thistle well deserved winners over the piece, no doubt about that. 

I've been prepared to give Bowyer a bit of time on the basis that he has the team looking much fitter (most of the time) than the McPake era and there was to be a much hoped for improvement following the January window. In truth we've gone backwards and he doesn't appear to have any clue how to address it.

Having said that I still believe there is an outside chance we could win this the league but only if he gets selection right. Drop one of McGuire/McGhee, that's clearly not working. Williamson and Mulligan should start with Josh playing inside preferably. Although not a great fan of Jukabiak he deserves a run up front with Robinson in a front 2.

Finally I'm surprised there hasn't been much comment on Graham's foul on Kerr. It happened right in front of me and was totally reckless at best but could easily have been construed as violent conduct. There was no intent to play the ball. I've seen red cards for much less

1 hour ago, ScottyDee1893 said:

Dundee second best all over the park tonight from the first whistle. Thistle well deserved winners over the piece, no doubt about that. 

I've been prepared to give Bowyer a bit of time on the basis that he has the team looking much fitter (most of the time) than the McPake era and there was to be a much hoped for improvement following the January window. In truth we've gone backwards and he doesn't appear to have any clue how to address it.

Having said that I still believe there is an outside chance we could win this the league but only if he gets selection right. Drop one of McGuire/McGhee, that's clearly not working. Williamson and Mulligan should start with Josh playing inside preferably. Although not a great fan of Jukabiak he deserves a run up front with Robinson in a front 2.

Finally I'm surprised there hasn't been much comment on Graham's foul on Kerr. It happened right in front of me and was totally reckless at best but could easily have been construed as violent conduct. There was no intent to play the ball. I've seen red cards for much less

I couldn’t see it really but I would classify that as a Brian Graham masterclass. 2 goals and an attempted murder. Better than a hatrick imo. In all my years I don’t think I have ever seen a footballer who at any age, let alone mid 30s, enjoys scoring more than Brian graham. Celebrates every goal like it’s his first. Love the big man to pieces and can easily see why every other team cannot stand him. Mostly because I also couldn’t stand him when he used to play against thistle. He is a dying breed and I’m enjoying him while we still can.