Dundee 🔵⚪️ vs Partick Thistle 🔴🟡 Tuesday 28 February

Rescheduled for Tuesday, 28 February 2023, 7.45pm kickoff.

The big fixture in the league comes along again. 

Thistle have most of our squad available again.

Dundee, seem like an enigma. Honking in the first half at Raith but could/ should have won based on their second half performance.

Who will be happier on Saturday evening? Boring Gary or Ian McCall?

Edited by jagfox

We've got a game before this one, just to establish the excuse for whatever bullshit will happen.

Let's see if we can't have another early multi-goal lead for Partick and Dundee waiting late to try and peg it back. Second one went better than the first if you ask me.

If we had Robinson I'd feel far more confident. If we haven't brought in anyone by kick off for this game, I'll be disappointed, but not too surprised. Should have Mulligan back for this one at least, and hopefully Gowser's not too far away.

4 hours ago, jagfox said:

Who will be happier on Saturday evening? Boring Gary or Ian McCall?

Is Shitey Shoes ever happy?

17 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Reckon he was quite happy the last time we were up at Dens tbh. 

Did he take his cap off? Your social media seems to love him taking his hat off.

The big one comes around again then eh lads. The two biggest teams in this daft little league😛. I would take a point in all honesty but if I was to get a prediction in early I can see another narrow defeat. Firhill seems to have become a bit of a fortress again after that horrible game against your lot last time out. However, we are pish on the road and I struggle to really see past that changing. My reasoning as to why Dundee and much to my surprise, QP certainly look more likely to finish above us come the end of the season.

10 hours ago, Doolan9 said:

The big one comes around again then eh lads. The two biggest teams in this daft little league😛. I would take a point in all honesty but if I was to get a prediction in early I can see another narrow defeat. Firhill seems to have become a bit of a fortress again after that horrible game against your lot last time out. However, we are pish on the road and I struggle to really see past that changing. My reasoning as to why Dundee and much to my surprise, QP certainly look more likely to finish above us come the end of the season.

Much to my surprise and delight too.

We started both games this year with a strategy of aimless punts up towards Rudden who is absolutely useless at fulfilling that role. No idea why the sudden change of tactic. 

Before the Raith game I said we should have started a 3-5-2. We did...and we were honking. Probably down to the 11 chosen. Marshall has come back and we have put together some of our worst performances in a while - I personally don't think that is a coincidence but he is our only natural left back.

Bowyer must be asking himself what team he needs to put out to start a game well. The inconsistencies in performance from some of our players is mental. 

Get McCowan in and French at RB with Cammy at LB in my opinion.

Edited by Pens_Dark

41 minutes ago, ptfc. 22 said:

I saw that robinson left yous. Have you replaced him? 

Not yet, and I doubt we will have by Saturday. I reckon Jakubiak might be up top with Rudden for this game, which Partick fans should know is a terrifying prospect. For which side, I wouldn't know.